KOF:MI2 ("2006") has Metal Slug, Kim Kaphwan, and B. Jenet!?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
MI can be fun when played by the right bunch of people, that's about it for me.

And I strongly disagree about MI being shallow, it has some really nice engine features that one may overlook if he only plays it casually for half an hour or so.

But what do I know, being a blinded fanboy and all... :)

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Takumaji said:
MI can be fun when played by the right bunch of people, that's about it for me.

And I strongly disagree about MI being shallow, it has some really nice engine features that one may overlook if he only plays it casually for half an hour or so.

But what do I know, being a blinded fanboy and all... :)

I agree with this man.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Gonna have to buy MI2 when it's released. Looks great.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hello Neo-Alec, you have the same name as me! I like you already.

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks to PlayerX from the Cyberfan boards

Richard Meyers
Geese Howard
Hyena (the announcer from KOF:MI)
and
another version of Terry Bogard

just got announced

kofmi2hidden7nn.jpg

Last edited:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
AlphaONE said:
OMG! :chimp: SNK finally heard my telepathic pleas for the return of Richard Myer -- hopefully we'll get Bob Wilson in a pre-fight animation cameo or something. NICE -- it's Nightmare Geese.:glee:

BTW, what game is your sig from?

--Chris

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
AlphaONE said:
Viper PC
hentai game

hey um Chris what is the 2nd Terry for??:conf:
Ah, Viper -- any particular installment? (kind of a long-running series...)

2nd Terry is for... shits & grins? The full caption on Geese's page is:

サウスタウンの亡霊 ナイトメアー・ギース
sausutaun no bourei naitomeaa giisu
The Ghost of Southtown: Nightmare Geese

and the full caption on Terry's page is:

ワイルドウルフよみがえる
wairudo urufu yomigaeru
The Wild Wolf, Revived

yomigaeru (verb form) can mean "come to oneself, be brought to life; revive," while yomigaeri (noun form) can mean "resurrection; (a) revival."

I've been trying to find a larger scan of those images on the web, but no luck so far. Without a scan that's big enough to read the small text, I can only conclude that (1) they're not bringing Geese back to life -- they're just giving us another appearance of his ghost, and (2) they decided to have 2 different versions of Terry in the game -- one with his MOTW moveset and one more like his pre-MOTW incarnations. Of course, the listing of Buster Wolf as one of red-cap Terry's moves on the official MI2 site would seem to contradict this. Guess we'll have to wait for a better scan, one of our Japanese residents to pick up this magazine, or the game's release to know for sure.

--Chris

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
geese looks pretty cool there, with the dark eyes he almost looks like a 3d peice of shinkiro art, Though alittle more buffed than shinkiro's geese

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
AlphaONE said:
Thanks to PlayerX from the Cyberfan boards

Richard Meyers
Geese Howard
Hyena (the announcer from KOF:MI)
and
another version of Terry Bogard

just got announced

kofmi2hidden7nn.jpg

NOICE!
some things:
- i wonder what kind of moves Hyena will have? (cowardly type moves?)
- seeing Richard Meyers making a comeback kicksass, it makes sense for a game that takes place in Southtown
...maybe his main involvement in this story is he taught Soiree his copiaeta? (can't spell :crying: )
- this puts the secret character mark up to 7 so far, i wonder who the boss will be (i don't want Geese as the boss...i'm up for something new)

Last edited:

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
I would KILL to see a 3D version of PAO PAO Cafe!!
Of course, with the same tune from the Fatal Fury 1 stage:)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Too bad it's so uncool to like this game here, because that Geese looks great, and I'm looking forward to trying this.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well, if there's one thing to say about having the Metal Slug Tank in this game, in comparison to the Fighters Megamix Daytona Car; at least you can perform Anti-Air tactics against THIS vehicle. :lolz:

Ok. Maybe speculation, but that's only if Metal Slug (KOF) can do what Metal Slug can do. And hey, I just became Athena's Wardrobe Manager. I always thought Kagura could get that job. :)

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, it's cool to have Geese and Richard Meyer, but Hyena was terribly annoying when he was just an anouncer, and I really don't like him to be a playable character...

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
I'd play this for one night then go back to KoF'99. Therefore not worth even a rental.

Even Animal Crossing is higher up on my playlist FFS. SNK are no more, that's why there's a P at the end of it now. :(

H

hermegildo

SouthtownKid said:
Too bad it's so uncool to like this game here, because that Geese looks great, and I'm looking forward to trying this.
You're kidding, right?

Geese looked better in Wild Ambition.

It's too bad the game sucks, because I'd love playing as Richard Myer.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
You're kidding, right?

Geese looked better in Wild Ambition.

It's too bad the game sucks, because I'd love playing as Richard Myer.
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting you are a traveler from the distant future and have already played this game. I like Wild Ambition, but WA Geese looks like he's made out of Legos compared to the magazine torso shot posted here. Remove head A from ass B.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
the voices terrible

Put the voices on japanese FOOL!

kernow said:
and you laugh at tekken?

you said you only played it for a few days too

tekken 2 is probably more complex and deep than this fucking garbage

seriously, I'm realising how marred all your opinions are as gamers, you've all been here so long you have no idea what a decent game is anymore, see how long it took you to get re4, because you were probably all wrapped up in a polygon terry bogard for 'a few days'

great time spent, how hardcore your 2d neo elite friends on this forum must have thought you were for playing a 3d snk game.

LOL you do talk some bollox sometimes, MI is very playable and its cool to see all the old SNK faves done in 3D, like people have said the engine is sloppy but it dose'nt stop it from being fun, on 1 player or 2 player.

Sure i could play 3rd Strike or VF4 Evo but ya know you can only play a 1 on 1 fighter so much on single player, i love busting out 3S on VS but i never play it at all on 1P anymore, i've seen everything in it theres not much more to do with it so when a new 1 on 1 fighter comes out its bound to peak peoples interests.

Its a decent game at the end of day, not one to play through the ages but when it first came out it was cool for a couple of months.

H

hermegildo

SouthtownKid said:
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting you are a traveler from the distant future and have already played this game.
I played the first one and it doesn't take a genius to see that this is merely a carbon copy of that in terms of gameplay.

Thanks, but no thanks.

PS: That Geese looks retarded.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
I played the first one and it doesn't take a genius to see that this is merely a carbon copy of that in terms of gameplay.

Thanks, but no thanks.

PS: That Geese looks retarded.
Just like Fatal Fury 2 was a carbon copy of Fatal Fury 1 in terms of gameplay. Like you know that without trying it. Okay.

H

hermegildo

SouthtownKid said:
Just like Fatal Fury 2 was a carbon copy of Fatal Fury 1 in terms of gameplay. Like you know that without trying it. Okay.
We haven't heard a single about the gameplay in MI2, nothing on new systems or mechanics or any major changes in the battle system. With that in mind, it's pretty safe to assume that there have been little to no core changes in the game. Tweaked movelists maybe, better balance but I don't expect more than that.

C'mon man, you know MI is average at best.

We are just more lenient towards it because fighting games are near dead and we'll take whatever we can get our hands on. Yeah, people might find it fun for a while but most will take '98 or '02 over it (or XI if it's as good as they say) if given the chance.

Or are you trying to tell me that the game will somehow be so much better than the first and on par with the previously mentioned KOFs or any other good Capcom or 3D fighter?

Because I'd love to be proven wrong.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Shit, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate; chances are, it'll suck. But I'm willing to give it enough benefit of the doubt to try it before passing final judgment.

Keep in mind that part of the reason you haven't heard of any gameplay modifications/additions/tweaks is because just about nobody here gives a shit about this game, or anything 3D from SNKP in general. Hell, the majority of people here probably haven't even played Wild Ambition...or if they have, not for more than 10 minutes. There have been numerous magazine articles, etc., about the game, so there may be new gameplay info no one here cares enough to find out about.

There are people in Japan who play video games, so there were probably comments or suggestions made from the first MI that SNKP may (or may not) have listened to and implemented. First review is in from Dengeki (I have no idea what that is, thus no idea how much or little this means, but...), and they gave MI2: 85 / 90 / 85 / 85.

Now assuming that's on a scale of 1-100 and not a scale of 1-1000000, that's not too bad. Good enough to make me want to at least check it out.

H

hermegildo

SouthtownKid said:
But I'm willing to give it enough benefit of the doubt to try it before passing final judgment.
Fair enough.

And I understand that most people here might not like SNKP or 3D stuff, but I haven't seen gameplay info on the game anywhere at all. All I see is "hey, here's this new costume, or this guy you can play as, or look! the Metal Slug is in the game!" Of course, that might have to do with the fact that SNKP themselves aren't releasing any info and home releases don't get location tests as far as I know but still, what have we seen about this game that is "new" to the series as far as systems go?

Developers have to earn my money and I'm sorry, but I'd rather buy Tekken 5 over this, and I don't even like Tekken.