KOF:MI2 ("2006") has Metal Slug, Kim Kaphwan, and B. Jenet!?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
This man speaks the truth.

I just dont play crap games, I often think when I'm playing them I could be playing VF4 evo or SF3 instead.

:shame:

Time wasting :emb:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
kernow said:
I just dont play crap games, I often think when I'm playing them I could be playing VF4 evo or SF3 instead.

I play more 3S than I play KOF:MI. In fact KOF:MI was in my rotation for about a month or two after I got the JPN import and then eventually we just went back to playing regular old KOF and 3S after the fact.

Doesn't change the fact that the game was pretty fun and has a ton of potential if they can pull it off. At this point I'd be happy if they can get a fighter out that has 3D characters fighting in a 2D game style, if only to keep that kind of gameplay going instead of having everything turn into a Tekken/VF type of fighter anymore.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You're just making excuses,

"I'm happy if it stays a basic 3d-but-2d fighter"

"instead of being like VF4 etc"

what, instead of being like a decent example of a 3d fighter?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
kernow said:
You're just making excuses,

"I'm happy if it stays a basic 3d-but-2d fighter"

"instead of being like VF4 etc"

what, instead of being like a decent example of a 3d fighter?

What if I don't like the gameplay style of VF4 all that much, especially compared to that of 2D fighters? I mean it's good, but I don't care to really learn it or play in it as much as say KOFXI, which I'm dying to try out.

Graphics are key to expanding appeal, having 3D graphics while maintaining 2D gameplay is probably the best bet for keeping around the kind of fighters I like.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
What graphics?

Face it , you play bad games and get off on it.

real gamers wouldn't give this piece of shit their money or their time.

only blinded

.. fanboys.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Excuse me for not being an arrogant j-faggot, but what the FUCK is fanservice?
:spock:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
things such as

"oh look its the bloody metal slug tank again"

how many times?

jesus christ

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
God japan isnt cool anymore.

:buttrock:

wait, its not 1995

H

hermegildo

On the fan service note, I'm particularly tired of the obscenely large breasts the women in this game (and pretty much every other Japanese game) have.

B. Jenet had an attractive, slender figure in Garou. I don't understand why they turned her into that retarded, unnatural looking fat ass.

Fuck Falcoon and his terrible sense of aesthetics.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
kernow said:

Newsflash: all video games are time wasting. That's what they are for. Hopefully, you weren't under the impression you were curing cancer by alternately pressing A and B buttons.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Ok, so Billy looks bad-ass in his alternate costume business suit (I could hear Domino-chan plotz from the other side of town), but what's up with Terry? Why is he wearing Blue Mary's clothes?:spock:

--Chris

What're you talking about? I haven't seen any pics of Billy in his suit. Maybe if I watch this YouTube video....

::spontaneously turns into jelly::

HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT. :drool_2:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Newsflash: all video games are time wasting. That's what they are for. Hopefully, you weren't under the impression you were curing cancer by alternately pressing A and B buttons.

But why play shit games?

I mean look at it, if you want to waste your time playing trash like that go ahead.

You're so cool Mr I buy shit games hardcore SNK fan. All the mainstream gamers are in awe of your ability to purchase fucking bad games and play them anyway because you're an SNK diehard till the end. Everyone is so jealous.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
kernow said:
But why play shit games?

I mean look at it, if you want to waste your time playing trash like that go ahead.

You're so cool Mr I buy shit games hardcore SNK fan. All the mainstream gamers are in awe of your ability to purchase fucking bad games and play them anyway because you're an SNK diehard till the end. Everyone is so jealous.
Why, thank you.

In return, may I say how jealous everyone is of you for your ability to cut through all the bullshit and decide for everyone what the worthwhile games to waste our time on are. Yay, 3s and VF4 forever! ............(yawn)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
MI was fun for a few days, the engine was cheesy and the voices terrible but the gameplay was enjoyable.

Here's hoping MI2 plays better than the first.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i woulda' liked it, if it just had a damn arcade mode! and no english voices...or at least good ones.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
and you laugh at tekken?

you said you only played it for a few days too

tekken 2 is probably more complex and deep than this fucking garbage

seriously, I'm realising how marred all your opinions are as gamers, you've all been here so long you have no idea what a decent game is anymore, see how long it took you to get re4, because you were probably all wrapped up in a polygon terry bogard for 'a few days'

great time spent, how hardcore your 2d neo elite friends on this forum must have thought you were for playing a 3d snk game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
kernow said:
and you laugh at tekken?

seriously, I'm realising how marred all your opinions are as gamers, you've all been here so long you have no idea what a decent game is anymore, see how long it took you to get re4, because you were probably all wrapped up in a polygon terry bogard for 'a few days'

great time spent, how hardcore your 2d neo elite friends on this forum must have thought you were for playing a 3d snk game.
This forum has terrible balance and zero gameplay (and very little depth). Wouldn't your time be better spent playing VF4 evo?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
kernow said:
and you laugh at tekken?

Tekken is alright. I already know if I want to get good at it I'll need to pump in some serious time, that's something I'm not interested in doing right now. I've been playing Kof for 10 years now and am set in my ways. My biggest gripe with Tekken is gravity is a velocity in the game when in reality its an acceleration, hence the moon gravity. I can't wrap my mind around the distorted physics engine.

Besides, you know the only reason I laugh at tekken is to get a rise out of fanboys. :chimp:

You know, my friends and I do things other than play video games whether they be on this site or not. You might want to get outside a bit more often.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yes sir, thats an admittance to being sonned if I ever saw one. :eek_2:

Magnaflux said:
Tekken is alright. I already know if I want to get good at it I'll need to pump in some serious time, that's something I'm not interested in doing right now. I've been playing Kof for 10 years now and am set in my ways. My biggest gripe with Tekken is gravity is a velocity in the game when in reality its an acceleration, hence the moon gravity. I can't wrap my mind around the distorted physics engine.

Besides, you know the only reason I laugh at tekken is to get a rise out of fanboys. :chimp:

You know, my friends and I do things other than play video games whether they be on this site or not. You might want to get outside a bit more often.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Honestly, Maximum Impact wasn't a terrible game. The problem was the fact that it played like about 5 million other 3D fighters we've all played. The characters were there, the moves were there, but the gameplay felt dumbed down compared to the 2D KoFs. As a result, I played it for about a week and haven't gone back to it since. Compare this with other KoFs where I usually play them for several months before I start to get tired of it.

If Playmore wants MI2 to be successful maybe they should go back and play some '96 or '98 and try to remember why KoF was good in the first place.