Here is a new MMA thread

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Looks like Rousey started to believe in her own hype, instead of sticking to Judo and Jujitsu where she ruled, she wanted to show after beating Bethe Correia that she is also the world best in kick boxing as she hardly tried any take downs but Holm has 18 years of kick boxing experience over her .
I couldn´t believe Rousey´s trainer telling her she was doing fine when she was already beaten to a bloody mess telling her to keep her hands up and continue instead of telling here to take Holm the fuck to the ground asap.
I bet if she gets a rematch it will go to the ground fast .

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
This one was different due to what happened at the weigh-in. She was even vocal about it on her IG. I knew she was going to lose already. Even in the first moments of the fight she kept chasing Holly, probably thinking she was like her last opponent...lol

It wasn't different at all, Rousey does the same shit every single time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It wasn't different at all, Rousey does the same shit every single time.

No, those times she was acting like she was mad. This time she really was mad because contact was made at the weigh in. That's why she stayed on her feet trying to box with her, she didn't want to submit her, plus her added "confidence" for striking because of the last fight didn't help at all. This is all stuff you learn when you study boxing. Just like how early knockdowns can mess your head up and screw your gameplan because you think you are clearly overpowering someone so you try to go for the kill instead of using logic.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
No, those times she was acting like she was mad. This time she really was mad because contact was made at the weigh in. That's why she stayed on her feet trying to box with her, she didn't want to submit her, plus her added "confidence" for striking because of the last fight didn't help at all. This is all stuff you learn when you study boxing. Just like how early knockdowns can mess your head up and screw your gameplan because you think you are clearly overpowering someone so you try to go for the kill instead of using logic.

You must've missed it when Ronda got pissed off during TUF because of the woman who talked shit about her mom. Ronda got mad. Like, really fucking mad. She was all over social media and talk shows talking about it.

I mean, that's just one time. Ronda is known for being angry and a complete bitch to her opponents. This one wasn't really any different.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
fUloVaL-Imgur.gif

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You must've missed it when Ronda got pissed off during TUF because of the woman who talked shit about her mom. Ronda got mad. Like, really fucking mad. She was all over social media and talk shows talking about it.

I mean, that's just one time. Ronda is known for being angry and a complete bitch to her opponents. This one wasn't really any different.

The reason why this one was different is because that time you are talking about, she wasn't really training on striking yet. So she still focused on her ground game. With Holms, she wanted to use her new "skill" and punch her in the face repeatedly. But I know what you mean about her attitude, I'm just saying that now that she is learning to strike she tries to incorporate it when she shouldn't.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea so Conor McGregor knocked out Aldo in like 8 Seconds. Aldo was crying. Weidman got his ass kicked. Interesting fights yesterday.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Conor is such an asshole, I was hoping he'd lose. But it was funny seeing the pre-fight conference with all the fighters where he was talking mad shit, it was hilarious.

Break out the red panties baby it's a celebration! :lolz:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Prelims and middleweight title were good. I feel for Aldo, he didn't deserve to go out like that and I hope he gets a rematch.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Saku got annihilated by Shinya Aoki today at Rizin. Fuck any promoter willing to continue booking the guy:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
That Gabi Garcia is a big dude:

Oh, and of course the Fedor fight was a joke:

It's nice how Fedor got to fight someone with an even less-imposing physique than his own.

Last edited:

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
anyone here watch UFC 195? I thought the card was fantastic and it was one of the best events ive ever seen besides the lawler vs condit decision which was horrible and I though condit got jobbed. I had condit winning 1,3,4 and I didnt think the fight was close at all and I was honestly shocked by the decision. I wish that the UFC could get there own judges and not have these boxing judges in nevada (or any other state for that matter) judging MMA fights I mean thats like having a basketball referee go and referee football it doesnt make any sense, they are totally different sports. I thought this was just as bad of a decision as the GSP johnny hendricks fight.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
anyone here watch UFC 195

i saw the card and decided to pass. its hard to tell these days if the card is going to be good or not. There has been so many where id think the fights would be awesome but turn out rubbish.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
i saw the card and decided to pass. its hard to tell these days if the card is going to be good or not. There has been so many where id think the fights would be awesome but turn out rubbish.

thats true I have had many cards that turn out to be a disappointment but I still buy almost every card cause I love MMA no matter who is fighting, I just like to see great fights

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holm vs. Tate and Connor vs. RDA at UFC 197.

The UFC apparently learned the strike while the iron's hot lesson, finally, judging by the McGregor match. I think he gets toasted by RDA, but that match is big money, and if Connor pulls out the win, so much the better for the UFC.

Tate ought to beat Holm if she fights even half-way smart (as opposed to Ronda fighting zero percent smart).

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Tate ought to beat Holm if she fights even half-way smart (as opposed to Ronda fighting zero percent smart).

The best thing for Dana/ rousey is for Tate to beat holm. That way rousey can get an immediate title fight when she returns without the trouble of having to face holm.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
The best thing for Dana/ rousey is for Tate to beat holm. That way rousey can get an immediate title fight when she returns without the trouble of having to face holm.

agreed but I dont think tate even comes close to beating holm though.