Here is a new MMA thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I think JBJ ends up being stripped of the title at some point, with the fight cancelled in the next couple days, and then Gus offered the match against AJ for the vacant title.

Kevin Iole is the most influential writer in the sport and he's calling for both those things. Dana is gonna realize that the UFC will look awful if they don't finally say enough is enough with Jones, and that this is the right precedent, not sitting by and doing nothing.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I remember the night Jones was supposed to fight Shogun for the title. Some bullshit happened outside the arena where Jones chased down some robber and the media blew him up. I was talking to my friend, telling him how I thought it was complete horseshit and I don't buy the whole superman/bible guy persona that he's so desperately trying to put out there. He told me I couldn't handle the fact that a christian could be a good person, do good deeds, AND be an amazing cage fighter.

Every time Jones news comes out, whether he's getting other girls pregnant, does coke, cashes cars into street lights while drunk, or flees the scene after hitting pregnant women, I always send my friend a Facebook message saying "yo dude have you heard...."

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I remember the night Jones was supposed to fight Shogun for the title. Some bullshit happened outside the arena where Jones chased down some robber and the media blew him up. I was talking to my friend, telling him how I thought it was complete horseshit and I don't buy the whole superman/bible guy persona that he's so desperately trying to put out there. He told me I couldn't handle the fact that a christian could be a good person, do good deeds, AND be an amazing cage fighter.

Every time Jones news comes out, whether he's getting other girls pregnant, does coke, cashes cars into street lights while drunk, or flees the scene after hitting pregnant women, I always send my friend a Facebook message saying "yo dude have you heard...."

My cousin is like that, I've been riding him all day

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
It's sad that people are suddenly acting like Rumble has Superman esq take down defense, I like Rumble but c'mon son dude is a complete "stand & bang bro" kind of guy who looks at the whole fighting off your back as "shit bitches do"

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It's sad that people are suddenly acting like Rumble has Superman esq take down defense, I like Rumble but c'mon son dude is a complete "stand & bang bro" kind of guy who looks at the whole fighting off your back as "shit bitches do"
Yep- DC opened as a slight favorite, think he was at -150 last I saw. Though it was only +120 on Rumble, so there's hardly any room past the vig. I like Cormier to win, assuming he gets his cardio up.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Yep- DC opened as a slight favorite, think he was at -150 last I saw. Though it was only +120 on Rumble, so there's hardly any room past the vig. I like Cormier to win, assuming he gets his cardio up.

Yeah I'm thinking DC takes this

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Kimbo Slice vs. Ken "seriously you guys why all the funny looks I swear I'm not juicing" Shamrock tomorrow night in Bellator.

While I LOL heartily, I also plan to watch it.

edit: nice piece here on Deadspin about Shamrock. Gonna be an ugly fight, almost guaranteed- Shamrock's entire strategy will be takedown takedown takedown, and Kimbo will try to stand at all costs.

Shamrock is entirely too old for this. He's going to get KO'ed, and quickly.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Seeing as who knows how much juice Ken is on will his body actually go down when his brain says "hey we've been ko'd guys so fall down now"

Seriously how do we know that man isn't actually the walking dead ala Bender when he became human?

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bellator was hilarious. Shamrock looked like he had zero business being in that cage. Of course, the ending looked, shall we say, less than kosher to a lot of people, I mean how the hell do you not finish with that RNC? Given the speckled history of #2 MMA promotions in the U.S. (and the world, I guess, look at Pride), it seems halfway plausible that the fight was fixed. It probably wasn't, but it could have been.

Bloody Elbow thinks Kimbo should fight Lashley next. Um, I don't really think Scott Coker wants to have Kimbo fight someone who can just wrestlefuck the shit out of him.

Now let's see Daniel Strauss and Patricio Pitbull in the UFC.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Greg Howard (on Deadspin) thinks it's most likely that Shamrock fights Royce Gracie next. Makes sense, given that Gracie was at the last show and all.

But damn, that would be brutal. Royce never did learn to strike worth a shit, and Shamrock is, well, elderly. Royce would probably approach the fight like a BJJ match (like in those Sakuraba fights where striking was perfectly legal but neither guy threw a single strike). And he'd probably tap Ken in a minute or two.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Aldo hurt, McGregor fight likely off. That's a bad blow for the UFC, that was by far the biggest-money fight they had scheduled for quite a while.

edit: McGregor says he's still fighting, regardless of Aldo's status. Interim title fight against either Edgar or Mendes seems possible.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Aldo hurt, McGregor fight likely off. That's a bad blow for the UFC, that was by far the biggest-money fight they had scheduled for quite a while.

edit: McGregor says he's still fighting, regardless of Aldo's status. Interim title fight against either Edgar or Mendes seems possible.

Yeah man, i was really looking forward to this fight. But Aldo still might fight if he can, since the payout will be so large

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
There have been so many injuries of participants in championship fights the last couple years. I would personally like to see the UFC ditch the interim belt idea and have the real belt on the line. If the current champ is injured tough luck, he can win it back when healthy. In addition, always have another fight on the card with 2 top 10 guys from the same weight class, insuring you have a quality guy you can pull from that match up need be.

As for The Bellator card, yea Ken has nothing left. He looked in good shape for a 51 year old though. Having said that I would like to see him fight Royce.

Lashley would toss Kimbo around the ring and wear him out in under a round. At least going in Kimbo vs Shamrock had that factor or the unknown, either guy could win it.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Dillashaw/Cruz would be a great fight, but I can't disagree with TJ when he admits he doesn't think Dom can stay healthy.

Maybe after DJ finishes clearing out flyweight for the second time he'd go for a superfight.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
how is no one talking about rousey getting knocked the fuck out?

looks like the biggest fish in a very small pond found a bigger body of water to swim in. :keke:

also a great win from ben nguyen- he's going to be interesting for his weight class.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
how is no one talking about rousey getting knocked the fuck out?

looks like the biggest fish in a very small pond found a bigger body of water to swim in. :keke:

also a great win from ben nguyen- he's going to be interesting for his weight class.

Lol holy shit, that fight was awesome.

Holm put on a clinic last night.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Lol holy shit, that fight was awesome.

Holm put on a clinic last night.

she finally faced someone who was a striker first. look what happened.

couldn't have happened to a more deserving fighter.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Rousey's boxing is terrible. She chases, drops her hands, doesn't move her head, can't slip punches, has terrible footwork. Just telegraphing punches and sticking her chin out. No idea how to take an angle or cut off the ring. This fight was over after the very first punching exchange.

I mean, you can count the number of half-okay boxers in MMA on one hand but Rousey is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Also that heavyweight fight was a fucking joke. MMA still has a long way to go before the in-ring action is as precise and nuanced as boxing. Wlad Kiltschko knocks out any UFC heavyweight inside a minute.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Holm made Rousey look like an amateur and really deserves the belt. Rousey has been on trick pony and brawler and has got the others to play her game. Sure she was talented compared to the earlier opponents but there has been ones that could have won Rousey with better game plan.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
No it isn't. Those heavyweights were slow, sloppy, and out of shape. If they got in the ring with Wlad it would be a worse beatdown than Holly gave Rousey.