Got one of those little SNK Gameroom Classics bartops

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Tighe, no got mine in MA, just outside of Boston.

Hey Waterborn, where did you get the bartop? I'm from Stoneham and would be def interested if I could find another one for a low price. :vik:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
update :finally got a pcb now i can do what i want

for anyone else pm me if you want the extra images for the system

Last edited:

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
forgot what the measurements were, but someone should see if the smaller 1B a member modded smaller would fit clean in one of these.

So I just picked up a single-slot full-sized cab this week and may consider selling my table top. Currently it has a single-slot MVS board in it as well as the SD board. Haven't been able to get the switching ps to work right yet though. Also have all three images (SNK/Taito-10/Taito-20). I live in MA. If anyone is interested in buying my table top, let me know. I may entertain some offers. Not looking to fleece anyone, just get back out of it what I put in. Since the unit is so heavy, not really looking to ship, but will listen to offers. I would consider a combo of cash and MVS carts if you have Metal Slugs up for grabs.

KingArt69

n00b
Hey - Got one of the SNK ones

Definitely interested in swapping the the img files. Was playing with my machine today and found the card. Found this thread on a google search. I tried to PM werejag, but it said i didn't have sufficient access. Anyone ever have any luck hacking the file? That would be great to add the MAME images...:}

Thanks!

ckidd3987

n00b
Hey guys,

I recently came into property of a poorly-cared-for SNK Gameroom Classics machine when my buddy moved out of state. I'm looking for some help with it.

It had issues with the control panel that were an easy fix and now the problem is the video image.

For some reason, the top of the image is about 2 or 3 inches below from the top of the screen, and directly above the image, an artifact of whatever's going on on the screen remains. Meanwhile, the main image flickers and is faded, seemingly like the refresh rate is too low or something.

HOWEVER!! After taking the back off the unit and prodding around, as well as removing the magnetic shield from the JAMMA board, the image was in the correct position, and perfectly lit up! The only problem this time was that the screen was shaking uncontrollably. Anyway, after a few minutes, it snapped back to how it had been before, i.e. faded and flickery and incorrectly-positioned.

My questions are thus; can the monitor be adjusted manually? if so, how, exactly? And, if it's not a tube adjustment problem, what parts of the PCB or JAMMA board do I need to look at replacing?

I've included some pictures:

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

and here are some of the actual image problems;

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

Thanks to all of you in advance!

ckidd3987

n00b
Thanks! I'll check that out later tonight and post results.

Meanwhile; Anyone got the master.img files for the Taito 10 and 20 games they can send me? I'd be interested in trying them!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Thanks! I'll check that out later tonight and post results.

Meanwhile; Anyone got the master.img files for the Taito 10 and 20 games they can send me? I'd be interested in trying them!

Sent you the links. Enjoy

ckidd3987

n00b
So, I tried manual adjustment today and had no success- the three pots that are close together are the colour adjustment pots and the ones on the other side--the furthest away controls the brightness, and the other two will not turn. I'm going to try another phillips head in a bit, but in the meantime the same problems exist. Either the image is flickery and in the wrong position-- or it's bright and in the right position but shakes badly.

thanks for your help, in the meantime.

xconwayx

n00b
So, I myself just came into one of these Game Room Classic arcade cabs. I got it for $105 at an auction. Not bad, but I want to add more games. I was doing some reading on the earlier posts. I took my machine apart and found the SD Card, now it looks like I need to crack it to be able to mess with it? Then do I just find the files of other games and over write what's on there?

I apologize, I am a total noob, but want to learn from my first machine.

Thanks guys

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
so far we have not been able to add roms but we do have copies of the other sd card for the other cabs

we can break the file open with a set of keys but we can not make a new file yet

xconwayx

n00b
so far we have not been able to add roms but we do have copies of the other sd card for the other cabs

we can break the file open with a set of keys but we can not make a new file yet

Again pardon me for being a noob, but you have copied of other SD cards. Does this mean you've transfered the game files to another SD card and have been able to play them or just have the files.

BankBank

n00b
hey folks. picked one of these up and looking to put a jamma pcb in (specifically 'star sweep', an awesome japanese puzzle game that is en route to me right now). i've heard many a mention of having to change the powersupply in order to use other jamma pcbs, any further insight?

thanks everyone

defor

Geese's Thug
So, I tried manual adjustment today and had no success- the three pots that are close together are the colour adjustment pots and the ones on the other side--the furthest away controls the brightness, and the other two will not turn. I'm going to try another phillips head in a bit, but in the meantime the same problems exist. Either the image is flickery and in the wrong position-- or it's bright and in the right position but shakes badly.

thanks for your help, in the meantime.

Not sure if your answer has been found or not yet...

Don't change the pots on the back of the tube board- look at the pots on the analog board on the bottom of the cab- I'm currently working on modding one for a friend who doesn't have the space for just about any other cab...

The pots on the bottom analog board are labeled well- my only complaints are a lack of proper contrast control as well as a bad geometry shift issue when high brightness screens are shown

I'm probably going to convert the cab to lcd anyway since he plans to run mainly newer systems...

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Anyone have a monitor bezel from one of these units? Mine got busted in transit and I could use a replacement.

Thanks,
Jeff

EagleTG

n00b
I just picked one of these up. Can someone PM me the link for the Taito images?

Much appreciated!!

EagleTG

n00b
Can you tell me where you got yours?

The craziest of random Craigslist finds. Someone e-mailed me about some Neo Geo stuff I had posted about... Had one of these. Total luck, honestly. I wish I had a lead on getting more of these. I did find a guy that has a couple of the monitor/power chassis boards, if anyone needs those.

Here's a pic of the one I got...
NeoGeoGameroomClassics.jpg