Got one of those little SNK Gameroom Classics bartops

J. Max

judas,
I know that a lot of you guys think that these things suck, but hell, it's a JAMMA cabinet and I only paid $60 for it. I'm going to put a real MVS board in it, but I have a question. I know that the MVS-1C is small, but does anyone know the exact dimensions of it? I'm going to replace the SD Card board in there, and I need to see if I can get it in there.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Could you post a pick of the inside of the bartop unit?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You could basically remove the joys and buttons from the Control Panel(cap the holes),add some ports on the front of the control panel and replace the PCB
BB

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yeah i want one now if 60 bucks

replace the cpl with a new mdf cpl one neogeo related.

Last edited:

J. Max

judas,
I got it for $60 + Shipping on eBay. (Shipping was $100, which is not cool, but the thing weighs 70 lbs.) Not a bad little deal for a mini-cab like that...

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
So how are you supposed to play KOF 95 and Slug 2 w/ a 2 button control panel?

-B

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
billd420 said:
So how are you supposed to play KOF 95 and Slug 2 w/ a 2 button control panel?

-B

The SNK version has 4 buttons per player.

J. Max

judas,
They also make a Capcom version with six buttons, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Sweet deal there buddy...not as bad as I thought it would be. Hell for 160 it's a damn great deal.

J. Max

judas,
Yeah, I don't think it's worth the $500, but $160 (with door-to-door shipping) seemd reasonable. I'm kind of curious if I can stick more ROMs on the SD card...I'm going to be like a mad scientist once I get this thing.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Congrats! I wouldnt mind having one of those myself. It's a shame how close the first player buttons are to the second players stick on the SNK cab though.

J. Max

judas,
Unfortunately, I play video games most of the time the same way I have sex...by myself. (Yeah, I'm married...)

slugnoid

Another Striker
i like how the review says that there's slowdown in MS2 and thats not normal... lol

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
That's great, I'd have gone for that myself if nothing else other than to set it up as a little 1-slot or jamma cab.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
J. Max said:
I know that a lot of you guys think that these things suck, but hell, it's a JAMMA cabinet and I only paid $60 for it. I'm going to put a real MVS board in it, but I have a question. I know that the MVS-1C is small, but does anyone know the exact dimensions of it? I'm going to replace the SD Card board in there, and I need to see if I can get it in there.

The dimensions are:

8.66" (W) x 6.7" (L) x 3.5" (H)

If you need an MV1C board let me know I got 4 of them.

J. Max

judas,
A few pics: (I haven't gotten a chance to open it up yet...)

snkcab1.jpg

snkcab2.jpg

snkcontrols.jpg

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
When you searched ebay, what terms did you use. It seems I'm having a hard time finding any on the old bay.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
That thing is auctually really cool. Are you sure it has a jamma harness in it? I would have guessed it would just be the roms.