Got one of those little SNK Gameroom Classics bartops

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
hahah.
i thought this was about a cocktail table.
color me dissapointed.
;(

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I bought one of these on Ebay from a retailer named (ricoporsche) they are nice little machines. I bought the Taito machine as well. He was selling them for 110-and 125 a piece. 75 for shipping. Neo Geo Forever, if you're near Miami, Florida, I'm sure you could save the shipping and pick one up.

I have pics of the inside, but I'm a little retarded. I don't know how to insert them here. A little help?

DSC05512.jpg

Last edited:

loegan43

15 Year Member
Alright, figured it out.:smirk:

DSC05518.jpg

DSC05524.jpg

DSC05525.jpg

DSC05527.jpg

SSS

neo retired
Cool, could you get a shot of the power supply? Also, can you tell what brand the monitor is? (not labled on the tube, but the chasis)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
loegan43 said:
Alright, figured it out.:smirk:

Hurray for taking the time and sharing!

Now a few myths have been revealed, all is left is finding out what kind of PSU does it have, this way we'll find ouy if it can support MVS, but I have a feeling that it just might.;)

Pas

Camel Slug
electricgrave said:
Hurray for taking the time and sharing!

Now a few myths have been revealed, all is left is finding out what kind of PSU does it have, this way we'll find ouy if it can support MVS, but I have a feeling that it just might.;)

The power supply only outputs 5v. So you would have to add in another power supply to get your 12v. Other than that it should.

As for the other changes...you would have to set your system to freeplay as there are no coin insert buttons/slots. The board auto coin ups when you hit the player start buttons. Not to mention you would probably want to add test and service switches and remove the wiring for the menu button on the cab (could rewire it to test or service if you wanted I guess).

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Pas said:
The power supply only outputs 5v. So you would have to add in another power supply to get your 12v. Other than that it should.
No you don't, some MVS boards can run with 5V alone.

Pas

Camel Slug
electricgrave said:
No you don't, some MVS boards can run with 5V alone.

I thought you needed 12v for the audio amp...so without it you would loose speaker output...or am I mistaken there? I only have experience with a few MVS boards and havent tried running any without 12v.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Man, I wish I'd picked one of these up now when I saw them on sale at Target or wherever it was. Was the only one I ever saw in-store and it was on clearance. I figured it was a pile of crap, though, and didn't even consider buying it. Seems I should have now :(

On ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNK-Playmore-NE...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A little too rich for my blood, though. Maybe once the remodeling at the house is done, I'll pick on up and put my MV-1 in it........will it fit? :p Won't have room for a big red any time soon, but it'll be nice to have the neo in it's own cab.

Last edited:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
They look kind of cool.. Just want to see MOTW or any MVS running on it before I run out for one. Where is the proof?

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I was running Garou on a PS LCD, and it looked great, but I'm also curious how the display on those monitors is. I heard it looks pretty good.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Originally Posted by SamuraiShodownSensei

Cool, could you get a shot of the power supply? Also, can you tell what brand the monitor is? (not labled on the tube, but the chasis)

The monitor brand is IRICO, chinese. Here is a link to their website (good for a laugh)

http://www.ch.com.cn/en/index.htm

"Creator for Happy Life of Mankind"

I will disassemble the machine and get a better picture of the power supply tomorrow.

loegan43

15 Year Member
MVS one slot (MV-1C) runs in this cab but...

Originally Posted by Pas

I thought you needed 12v for the audio amp...so without it you would loose speaker output...or am I mistaken there? I only have experience with a few MVS boards and havent tried running any without 12v.

is correct. No audio. Here are some pics. Super Baseball 2020 on screen, plays, but no sound.

DSC05698.jpg

DSC05699.jpg

DSC05694.jpg

MV-1C will fit with some rearranging.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
awesome news! so it may be possible to use a different power supply then and have it fully functional? Nice.

Judging from those pics, though, it seems unlikely that an MV-1 would fit in there (guess I should start looking for one of the smaller alternatives should I decide to give this a shot someday).

Or perhaps one would fit along the left wall there?

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
loegan43 said:

I've never played that game. Is there supposed to be some cut off on the sides there? I'm guessing no. That button set up does look uncomfortable however. Awesome none the less.

creamcorn

n00b
Got mine today! Came a little banged up(side coming loose) but it seems most do?! Yep its a kinda cramped for 2 player games but it still has the cool factor going for it. I wish they would of put in a vertical shoot or something in place of that lousy golf game.....or maybe one less fighting game.

loegan43

15 Year Member
creamcorn said:
Got mine today! Came a little banged up(side coming loose) but it seems most do?! Yep its a kinda cramped for 2 player games but it still has the cool factor going for it. I wish they would of put in a vertical shoot or something in place of that lousy golf game.....or maybe one less fighting game.

Yeah, the SNK countertop I have came banged up too. The packaging is pretty sparse for a 60 pound machine. I was able to pound it back together, though I will most likely disassemble the entire thing and attempt a MVS one slot cab out of it.

loegan43

15 Year Member
FormlessOne said:
I've never played that game. Is there supposed to be some cut off on the sides there? I'm guessing no. That button set up does look uncomfortable however. Awesome none the less.

Sorry, didn't have time to adjust the monitor. You are correct there appears to be some cut off on the sides. The pics don't do the monitor justice. Pretty good picture for a 14" monitor.

Pas

Camel Slug
Mattroid said:
awesome news! so it may be possible to use a different power supply then and have it fully functional? Nice.

Judging from those pics, though, it seems unlikely that an MV-1 would fit in there (guess I should start looking for one of the smaller alternatives should I decide to give this a shot someday).

Or perhaps one would fit along the left wall there?

The problem with that is that if I remember right you would have to put in an additional one as the power supply that is in the unit also has the monitor adjustments on it. I guess you could just tie the grounds together and it would probably be ok but I dont know...there isnt alot of room in there.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
what kind of wood is that made of? If one were going to mod this thing (or attempt to) into a countertop Neo, it looks like it'd be cheaper to just get one of the Bubble bobble ones or whatever, strip the thing, sand down/repaint the sides, and modify the control panel. You'd save $50 and probably end up with a better little cab overall.

If anyone actually gets this thing fully running, let us know. I'm seriously considering this as a holiday project. I'd repaint it red, whip up a nice CPO for it, and add some side art to it. That would be sweet.

klin

n00b
I just bought one from the seller from FL.

What is that memory card thing under the warranty sticker on the jamma board?

Could it be a standard memory card which can be updated to other games?

Kevin

loegan43

15 Year Member
klin said:
I just bought one from the seller from FL.

What is that memory card thing under the warranty sticker on the jamma board?

Could it be a standard memory card which can be updated to other games?

Kevin

It's an SD card. I do not know if it can be updated with other roms. Might be possible.