Garou MOTW 2 finally being made?

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Izlude said:
It felt more like another KOF than a Garou game.

MOTW doesn't feel like KOF at all, dude. Besides having only one plane of action, they are nothing alike.

Izlude

n00b
Frankfurt said:
MOTW doesn't feel like KOF at all, dude. Besides having only one plane of action, they are nothing alike.

Well, it feels like a KOF to me, because it surely doesn't feel like the Garou before it. The controls in the older games, especially the Real Bout series felt more loosened up and smooth, but the controls in MOTW feel alot more tight and fluid like KOF. Just my opinion anyways, but that's how I feel about them. One of my online buddies compares MOTW to Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Not Street Fighter 3 as alot of other people do), I'm not exactly sure how he see's that, but I can probably imagine.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Izlude said:
Well, it feels like a KOF to me, because it surely doesn't feel like the Garou before it. The controls in the older games, especially the Real Bout series felt more loosened up and smooth, but the controls in MOTW feel alot more tight and fluid like KOF. Just my opinion anyways, but that's how I feel about them. One of my online buddies compares MOTW to Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Not Street Fighter 3 as alot of other people do), I'm not exactly sure how he see's that, but I can probably imagine.

Let's see:

No Tag System
Emphasis on more Defensive play (Just Defend)
Completely different SDM/DM system
No Strikers or Tag (Post KOF 99)
Slower, Methodical Pace
Move Feinting
Darker, Lush art style opposed to Cartoony/Anime Look

I see how you and your friend have a point, because besides all that, they're exactly the same.
jerkit.gif
jerkit.gif

Last edited:

Izlude

n00b
VanillaThunder said:
Slower, Methodical Pace

Really? I always thought of MOTW being a pretty fast paced game, but then again I've seen very high level gameplay matches and they drag on forever, but matches I play againest online can end as quickly as 10-20 seconds, but that's just because I suck so much at the game. :lolz:

Izlude

n00b
megashock_330 said:
so is MOTW 2 coming or what :conf:

anybody know's?? :help:

From interviews I've read, they always say it's possible if there is enough demand for it. I remember I think like last year in an interview, they said Samurai Spirits Tenka would be the last SS game unless there was enough demand for another one, and surely enough, SNKP is working on a new (3D) SS game.

I wouldn't be too surprised if a new Garou game is made, not counting that slot machine.

kroko^unleashed

Rugal's Thug
i bet my pants on a new motw is coming next year right after the new kof :x
and a new street fighter too :O it`s because, let me say it in german: "ich habe es im Urin" <:

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
I just saw that the english translation of the Planet SNK-Interview still isn't there. Here their question about MotW2 (that means it's japanese-to-german-to-english, last step done by me, so no 100% accuracy guaranteed (at all):

Planet-SNK said:
What happened to the sequel to Garou: Mark of the Wolfes? The games' story isn't finished yet.

Mr. Hosoya said:
This question is often asked by japanese fans, too. Let aside the question how far we are still concentrating on the 2D sector, we sure know that we can't just leave the storyline like that. As you know, Rock from Mark of the Wolfes is featured in King of Fighters: Maximum Impact. So i intend to connect the Story, the remaining mysteries and the question about what's happening with Rock with the King of Fighters: Maximum Impact story and continue it. Until 2008 we want to clarify these questions within King of Fighters: Maximum Impact. Now I already said to much (laughs)

Bold text also by me, just for the people who are to lazy to read the whole thing.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Street Smart
Fatal Fury 1

Nobody gets it right on their first try.
Hey Man! Don't bash my multi layered stragetistical full fledge violent fest that is Street Smart.:loco:

I know it's kind of a crappy game in a good way though, or maybe I'm just nostalgic. I grew up with this game, when I was 12, and there was no Street Fighter & Co. yet, this game along iwth R-Type ruled my arcade for a while.

I think Fatal Fury one is fun, let me explain; for a person like me is fun, because of history, and nostalgic reasons, but I can't argue the fact that is clunky as hell!

Talking about history, het remember the post of the prequel to the Fatal Fury series? Now bear with me for a sec, Street Smart has Takuma & Young Gueese! (I'm such a fanboy sometimes!)

I figure out of most people here you would apprecciate this.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
electricgrave said:
Hey Man! Don't bash my multi layered stragetistical full fledge violent fest that is Street Smart.:loco:

I know it's kind of a crappy game in a good way though, or maybe I'm just nostalgic. I grew up with this game, when I was 12, and there was no Street Fighter & Co. yet, this game along iwth R-Type ruled my arcade for a while.

I think Fatal Fury one is fun, let me explain; for a person like me is fun, because of history, and nostalgic reasons, but I can't argue the fact that is clunky as hell!

Talking about history, het remember the post of the prequel to the Fatal Fury series? Now bear with me for a sec, Street Smart has Takuma & Young Gueese! (I'm such a fanboy sometimes!)

I figure out of most people here you would apprecciate this.

if you wanna talk clunky, talk AOF2. how can a game that came out 3 years later be more clunky than FF1? the king of Kunk?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
if you wanna talk clunky, talk AOF2. how can a game that came out 3 years later be more clunky than FF1? the king of Kunk?
As a matter of fact AOF2's great, I don't think is clucky at all, the AOF series play different to anything else except for 3, which is more friendly towards the common fighting player.

AOF 1 and 2 are more of a technical fighting game, where strategy counts a lot.

Now Fighting Fever is the king of all clunky games, I don't understand why some people make a big fuss about this game, plus I see some people pay way too much to get this game, I just don't get it, but to each it's own.

Last edited: