Garou MOTW 2 finally being made?

CyberAkuma

n00b
dubdubdub said:
You would think they would utilize the AW some more, considering the amount of hardware already installed and active in current arcades in Japan. I am sad to see that system go so soon :(

Eh, the more I look back on it, the more that the AW seemed to be more or less an aborted affair on so many parties' ends, such that it practically seemed to be a repeat of the story that made up the CPS3's life.

The AW wasn't supported all that much...not even by its main publisher, Sega/Sammy. And many other developers decided to stick with the likes of Naomi and its sequel. It seemed more to me that the AW was just the poor, maligned bastard that only got attention every once in a while (thanks to the likes of GGIsuka, the KOF games, Metal Slug 6 and HnK), but in all other respects, it almost seemed like Sega/Sammy only used it as a transitional phase before heralding their new Lindbergh and Aurora boards.

The story seemed to be the same on SNKP's end, in that, the AW was only meant to be a means for them to get back on their feet after they left their old home, the MVS. Now that they're more or less ready to spread their wings, they move on too, and now the TX2 is their base of operations.

So, while I feel some what sorry to say good-bye to the AW, again, it's just like the CPS3 was to me. A good system that was doomed to be rendered obsolete sooner than expected, thanks, in no part, to the system's own "family" not supporting it well enough...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hopefully this news means a sequel, I've had heaps of fun with MOTW and a sequel would just be awesome.

All I need now is AOF4 and i'll be st. ;)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
mainman said:
Well you asked where are all the unknows were coming from.

You don't care when I joined. So you base a person standing in the community on post counts and popularity and not what they contribute or their senority. A noob can open a acount and drive their post up to the thousands and become better know than someone who has been here from the start and at the same time not even once have commented on anything neo or arcade related in general, hell thats what the more popular member here do.

If we go by that standard than more than 90 percent of the members here are unknow and such opinions are subject for judgement from the more socially active members as yourself. I didn't post for drama I was just posting about a possisible follow up to MOTW. Your very first post on the topic was a drama starter and didn't even include a comment on the subject itself.

True but at that time fatal fury was a new ideal, when playmore continues a establish franchise they have a product that needs only new ideals added because they already have templates in the saga for comparison

ha ha

and I'm supposed to be about drama

I can't wait for you to write a few more paragraphs

after these few lines of thoughts . . .

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
With out a doubt in my mind, if MOTW2 is coin op it WILL be on Type X2. This really stinks however for us non-arcade op fans. The Type X2 is just plain EXPENSIVE and will be for a long time. Us fans are going to either have to wait for a port, or clunk down $2500+ for a MOTW2 setup.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but that would be sick if a new MOTW dropped. MOTW is to Fatal Fury as 3rd Strike is to Street Fighter, 2d fighting perfection.

-Big Bill

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I swear some of you guys just amaze me... How can you not like Samurai Showdown 6?

Quit turning the topic into a sausagefest.

SS6 kicks ass.

I'll have to write Playmore and inform them of American customs. Judging from those pictures on page 1, Playmore got it all wrong.

Terry would never ride bitch. :mad:

You people complaining about Fatal Fury should be slapped. That game is still awesome.

SSS

neo retired
gamejunkie said:
I swear some of you guys just amaze me... How can you not like Samurai Showdown 6?

Quit turning the topic into a sausagefest.

Because it looks like it was turned over to Capcom in their Darkstalkers/ VS. series era.

CyberAkuma

n00b
billd420 said:
With out a doubt in my mind, if MOTW2 is coin op it WILL be on Type X2. This really stinks however for us non-arcade op fans. The Type X2 is just plain EXPENSIVE and will be for a long time. Us fans are going to either have to wait for a port, or clunk down $2500+ for a MOTW2 setup.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but that would be sick if a new MOTW dropped. MOTW is to Fatal Fury as 3rd Strike is to Street Fighter, 2d fighting perfection.

-Big Bill

Well, if it means anything to ya, the fact that the TX2 is basically a bunch of PC hardware implies that it will be both easy to dev for...and easy to port from. :D So, logically speaking, it shouldn't be that long to wait for a home console port for any given TX2 game...at least, as long as SNKP doesn't do anything uttterly assinine like Arc Systems is doing with HnK (MARCH 07?! AFTER ALREADY A WHOLE YEAR OF WAITING?! WTF~!?).

If the Wii ends up being the most "2D/low production value-friendly" console of this next generation, I could easily see the TX2 and Wii being good business partners...:D

And also....

Originally Posted by TRIEU of snk-capcom.com

As some of you may have read in some of our previous articles and around the internet, the sequel to Mark of the Wolves was about 75% done, which was originally planned for the NEO•GEO MVS/AES release. Because of SNK's situation at the time, it was postponed and was later revisited; however, with so many new systems out now, there is no point to release a game that is outdated in terms of it's graphical presentation.

What we have confirmed is that there will be another Mark of the Wolves, but one that is made from scratch, from the artwork, sprites to the game engine itself.

MOTW's sequel or it's extension will be unveiled first on Taito's arcade board and later ported over to the home consoles.

Well, if this is true...then huzzah! Huzzah in the highest! :mr_t: :chimp: :buttrock:

manly_pirate

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This is awesome news. Why would anyone not want a sequel? Even if it's shitty it's not like it will make any of the other Fatal Fury games less fun and there's a chance it will be great. And more Blue Mary is always good :drool_2:

Gowcaizer

Armored Scrum Object
To be honest I havent like the SNK-Playmore's games at all, lets say SNKvsCapcom Chaos, Samurai Shodown Tenka and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (I liked it but not too much as I was expecting), and still games like KOF 98, FFRB, FFRB sp, FFRB 2, Last Blade, the old Metal Slugs and course Garou are better than them all, I hope that if they are working in a secuel of MOTW(the best game and the greatest saga on the NeoGeo IMHO ) I only hope they dont shit it all, is a great game and it deserves an excellent secuel if not, leave it alone.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
CyberAkuma said:
And also....
Trieu posts his guesses as if they were facts.

TRIEU said:
What we have confirmed is that there will be another Mark of the Wolves, but one that is made from scratch, from the artwork, sprites to the game engine itself.

MOTW's sequel or it's extension will be unveiled first on Taito's arcade board and later ported over to the home consoles.
...is a guess. Same as he's been guessing about a release of a new MotW for years now. As new circumstances come about, like SNKP changing hardware, he changes elements of his guesses -- that's all. Nothing is confirmed.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
When asked about MOTW2 in interviews, they always say something like "We're sorry, we try to find other ways to finish the story". They often mentioned Maximum Impact, which contains Rock Howard. Such a DVD could be another means to "finish the story".
Still think that a sequel is rather improbable.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
I think he would... he's the submissive to pretty much every chick he's ever had a relationship with. :p Blue Mary could put him on a leash. :p

Now Rock would never ride bitch. Geese would never ride period, but if his limo was busted and he needed to take his woman-of-the-moment's bike, he'd kick the chick to the curb first then drive off laughing. :)

Re: MOTW 2: I need to see confirmation on SNKP's homepage before I believe it's on the way. Regardless, here's hoping SNKP can port for the X2 as good as they did for the Atomiswave.

Last edited:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
SS6 kicks ass.

I'll have to write Playmore and inform them of American customs. Judging from those pictures on page 1, Playmore got it all wrong.

You people complaining about Fatal Fury should be slapped. That game is still awesome.

We should have been on that at OVGE.

Yeah, Terry on the back had me going WTF?... But you know, I would probably ride behind too just so she could break wind for my hair.
:kekeke:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I'm suprised so many people actually want SNKP to release MOTW2. Especially after seeing what SNKP has done with the other SNK properties they've put their hands on. Do you people really want to see another one of SNK's masterpieces drug through the mud?

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
I'm suprised so many people actually want SNKP to release MOTW2. Especially after seeing what SNKP has done with the other SNK properties they've put their hands on. Do you people really want to see another one of SNK's masterpieces drug through the mud?

wtf are you talking about, i mean the first couple of games they made sucked but have you played kof XI it's a fucking ace, i wouldn't mind motw2 if it was as good as XI:make_fac:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
That argument held a lot more water before their last few releases.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
SouthtownKid said:
That argument held a lot more water before their last few releases.

No one slung nearly as much shit Playmore's way than I did, especially around
time SvC came out...but the fact is, they've been on a real roll lately. KOFXI is
fucking ace, I enjoyed SS Tenka and MS6 was very well done. I still don't know
if they're ready to take on a game with the storied pedigree of MOTW but if they
wanna give it a shot I'd love to play it.

It's got to be nothing short of amazing to really satisfy the fans though, that's for sure.

Robert

20 Year Member
Loopz said:
time SvC came out...but the fact is, they've been on a real roll lately. KOFXI is
if they're ready to take on a game with the storied pedigree of MOTW but if they

It's got to be nothing short of amazing to really satisfy the fans though, that's for sure.

That's exactly what I wanted to write.
The last Playmore games were more than good and I really want to see what they can do with the MOTW franchise.
The original game wasn't a success so I'm a little surprise to see a sequel but the 15th garou anniversary could be the right time....

CyberAkuma

n00b
Robert said:
The original game wasn't a success so I'm a little surprise to see a sequel but the 15th garou anniversary could be the right time....

Well, that...plus the fact that SNKP doesn't necessarily have to worry about piracy nearly AS much as they did back when MOTW came out, also paints a nicer picture for a new MOTW game.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Loopz said:

100% my sentiments.

I was skeptical going into Tenka/Kof XI but now I'm confident SNKP can make a good garou. The new team moving onto

There's still a bit of stink in Kof XI from SVC, I hope they finally purge that out if MOTW II ever sees the light of day.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
from the new games snp released KOFXI was the only decent one fore me. 2k1 and 2 are fun and also pretty good. 2k3 is meh. MS4, 5 and 6 aint all that IMO. SSv/s/tenka are all fucked up IMO. but still, i got hopes for the new KOF and MOTW. they should have learned from their errors and successes. at least i hope so, playabilltey has been prettty good so far. so if they make the game and everything good theres no reason why this game cant be good.