Garou MOTW 2 finally being made?

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
SNKP does not have the best track record but hopefully they are learning. I hope that MOTW 2 turns out good.. but either way im excited to see a finished product since I loved MOTW so much it will be nice to see a continuation of it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
mainman said:
The character in my sig is from a franchise that was screwed up under the playmore banner.

Fixed
How can you say "unOWNED"? Your sig is a character CREATED under the Playmore banner. Are you saying you hate the character you have such a large sig of? I don't get it. In any case, I'd say SS5S is a much more on track game than SS4 -- which screwed up the franchise under the old SNK banner.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
How can you say "unOWNED"? Your sig is a character CREATED under the Playmore banner. Are you saying you hate the character you have such a large sig of? I don't get it. In any case, I'd say SS5S is a much more on track game than SS4 -- which screwed up the franchise under the old SNK banner.

Uh, what does character design have to do with game play, the two do not have to go hand and hand. Game play wise I did not like the Samurai shodown that character came from.

Samurai shodown 5 special was true to the franchise, well at least the arcade version was. The console port where censored which made them fell half assed and reduced them back to a cartoony feeling. Samurai shodown 6 totally jumped the shark, it felt more like waku waku 7 with swords. I have to disagree about samurai shodown 4, hell I have more respect for part 3 than 6 and I hate part 3

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Well, a new Garou game would be a better way of celebrating the series' 15th birthday than a Fatal Fury Hyper Anniversary Edition thats for sure.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
mainman said:
Yes but every metal slug after 3 was unbearable

So then you mean KoF XI was not terrible, correct? Therefore every franchise SNKP touched has not, "immediately turned to shit".

MS 4 & 5 were awful (most, if not everyone, would agree on that), if you are saying 6 is bad though...:loco:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
CyberAkuma said:
Is this even worth wondering about? Logic dictates that with all the other hoopla SNKP is giving with their "big move" to the X2, that any and all things that aren't going to be "straight to console/portable" releases will be on the X2. No reason to backtrack, is there?

You would think they would utilize the AW some more, considering the amount of hardware already installed and active in current arcades in Japan. I am sad to see that system go so soon :(

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
So then you mean KoF XI was not terrible, correct? Therefore every franchise SNKP touched has not, "immediately turned to shit".

MS 4 & 5 were awful (most, if not everyone, would agree on that), if you are saying 6 is bad though...:loco:

Ok how about on their first or even second attempt with a given game series they tend to drop the ball once or twice before they do something note worthy and in the case of samurai shodown they will screw up redeem themselves and then screw up again.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
where the fuck are all these unknowns coming from with their SNKP hate?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
alec said:
Well, a new Garou game would be a better way of celebrating the series' 15th birthday than a Fatal Fury Hyper Anniversary Edition thats for sure.
Unfortunately, if they want to have something in time for the 15th anniversary, they only have a couple months left to do it...and usually, we hear about the games pretty far in advance. It might be that the video is just a video, and that's all they're doing for the anniversary.

Neo23

New Challenger
I for one thinks snkp is getting better with their releases (except metal slug 3d), so I definitely welcome MOTW 2. No need to bash it yet, just try it out when it arrives, it may bring a surprise.

Last edited:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Would it be wrong to assume, that Playmore has directed more interest and attention from ignorant/mainstream/Capcom fanboy gamers to their games than SNK ever did?

Anyway, I hope this teaser is about a new MOTW and not some movie.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
roker said:
where the fuck are all these unknowns coming from with their SNKP hate?

If your referring to me roker I have been here 2 years longer than you have assuming you have not changed user name and even then I have been here since 2001. I guess I'm lesser know because I don't make as much drama as you and as such don't try to stand out, additionally I only hang out in two or three forums exclusively here and don't talk so much about unrelated things. My post count despite my almost five years membership proves that. I don't hate SNKP, I have never said I did. I am just stating their track record to date that they don't seem to get it right on their first try.

Neo23 said:
I for one thinks snkp is getting better with their releases (except metal slug 3d), so I definitely welcome MOTW. No need to bash it yet, just try it out when it arrives, it may bring a surprise.

Although slowly it is surely becoming true as others have pointed out using Metal Slug 6 and King of fighters 11 as examples.

Violent Ryo said:
Would it be wrong to assume, that Playmore has directed more interest and attention from ignorant/mainstream/Capcom fanboy gamers to their games than SNK ever did?

Better management, I'm not denying that, but management and development are two different departments and their R&D is just now starting to catch up to the other hand.

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
Dont get me wrong I dont HATE SNKP, Im just saying I was a little displeased with some of their work. Bringing up MS 4 and 5... I loved MS 1-3 now 4 and 5 were pretty interesting to play but it just lacked that origional luster that they did have, also I was completly baffled with the last boss of 5 but still felt pretty neat to fight.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
mainman said:
If your referring to me roker I have been here 2 years longer than you have assuming you have not changed user name and even then I have been here since 2001. I guess I'm lesser know because I don't make as much drama as you and as such don't try to stand out, additionally I only hang out in two or three forums exclusively here and don't talk so much about unrelated things. My post count despite my almost five years membership proves that. I don't hate SNKP, I have never said I did. I am just stating their track record to date that they don't seem to get it right on their first try.

I'm referring to you and others

I don't care when you joined

and if this isn't "drama" then I don't know what is

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
mainman said:
I don't hate SNKP, I have never said I did. I am just stating their track record to date that they don't seem to get it right on their first try.
Street Smart
Fatal Fury 1

Nobody gets it right on their first try.

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
SouthtownKid said:
Street Smart
Fatal Fury 1

Oh my... fatal fury 1... I feel bad for my buddy who has the Genesis port of it :kekeke:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
roker said:
I'm referring to you and others

I don't care when you joined

and if this isn't "drama" then I don't know what is

Well you asked where are all the unknows were coming from.

You don't care when I joined. So you base a person standing in the community on post counts and popularity and not what they contribute or their senority. A noob can open a acount and drive their post up to the thousands and become better know than someone who has been here from the start and at the same time not even once have commented on anything neo or arcade related in general, hell thats what the more popular member here do.

If we go by that standard than more than 90 percent of the members here are unknow and such opinions are subject for judgement from the more socially active members as yourself. I didn't post for drama I was just posting about a possisible follow up to MOTW. Your very first post on the topic was a drama starter and didn't even include a comment on the subject itself.

SouthtownKid said:
Street Smart
Fatal Fury 1

True but at that time fatal fury was a new ideal, when playmore continues a establish franchise they have a product that needs only new ideals added because they already have templates in the saga for comparison

Last edited:

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
GeoStigma said:

4&5 were mediocre, but at least they had some kick-ass music to make up for it.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I swear some of you guys just amaze me... How can you not like Samurai Showdown 6?

Quit turning the topic into a sausagefest.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
MattMan said:
Oh my... fatal fury 1... I feel bad for my buddy who has the Genesis port of it :kekeke:

Did the Genesis version have load-times like the SNES version?

:hcb: :forw: :A:
Aregedena-Fino!!

Last edited:

MattMan

Galford's Armourer
Shoe-A-Palooza said:
Did the Genesis version have load-times like the SNES version?

:hcb: :forw: :A:
Aregedena-Fino!!

Im not sure I havent played it yet, but I think im goann have too just to see what its like.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
To mainman:

For a guy who has been in the scene for a while, I'm surprised how you can make such assumptions about SNKP.

They've been in financial and copyright turmoil for a very good while. Only up until recently have they gotten their feet planted in the floor and are able to go full force with making their games. So techincally years 2003 and 2004 can be excused as its not that they didn't want to put effort into their games, its just that they couldn't.

mainman said:
True but at that time fatal fury was a new ideal, when playmore continues a establish franchise they have a product that needs only new ideals added because they already have templates in the saga for comparison

SNKP is all about bringing something new to the table; I noticed that with their fighters especially, the only thing that they pretty much borrow from older games is that the old game characters show up, but that's as far as they will go. They will go ahead and implement them in the new fighting game engines. They did it when they pretty much scrapped all the older KOF engines and started afresh with KOF 2k3, then finetuned it in KOF XI. They also did it with the SVC Chaos engine and fine-tuned it with NGBC. We now have reputable and balanced 2D fighters and things will only get better from hereon in.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
-Hibikster- said:
To mainman:

For a guy who has been in the scene for a while, I'm surprised how you can make such assumptions about SNKP.

They've been in financial and copyright turmoil for a very good while. Only up until recently have they gotten their feet planted in the floor and are able to go full force with making their games. So techincally years 2003 and 2004 can be excused as its not that they didn't want to put effort into their games, its just that they couldn't.

SNKP is all about bringing something new to the table; I noticed that with their fighters especially, the only thing that they pretty much borrow from older games is that the old game characters show up, but that's as far as they will go. They will go ahead and implement them in the new fighting game engines. They did it when they pretty much scrapped all the older KOF engines and started afresh with KOF 2k3, then finetuned it in KOF XI. They also did it with the SVC Chaos engine and fine-tuned it with NGBC. We now have reputable and balanced 2D fighters and things will only get better from hereon in.

Yeah I know about their internal problems they where having but still they did what they did and published what they published. I give it to them they had to work within a budget and had to do what they did to survive but you still have to take it at face value.

What I mean about established is they have a huge list of characters and their franchises to draw upon that already have a fan base, their not reinventing the wheel just improving it. 2K3 was a radical upgrade to the game engine but nothing we haven't seen before, 3 on 3 tag action sound familar does it.

But yes as of lately things are looking better for them

Last edited:

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
A fighting game engine is more than just imitating ideas, it's about making it "work". This was their first attempt to implement a 3 on 3 tag match in the KOF series, which they did a great job in doing.

Oh and for the record, you're confusing engines and concepts. MVC2 engine != 2k3 engine.