Double Dragon 4

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
None of these games are long, and in the case of ZR, not enough replayability, but they never overstayed their welcome, either (being arcade games, of course).

"Replayability" is a term that's too arbitrary to apply to most arcade games IMO. Do you have a Zombie's Revenge world record high score? Well, then I guess there is reason to keep playing. But, like you don't want to because it's not fun anymore right? I don't think one should claim that a lack "replayablity" is the issue.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Disappointed and not too, interesting. I agree with the comment cel shading may have been a good idea as it does age very well. Look at stuff like Jet Grind Radio or Zelda Wind Waker as they still look very very good due to art style alone. It can work though, that River City Ransom sequel/remake on the 3DS out in the last few months is a solid entry mixing some 8bit art and not into a decent title.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I've always been interested in the iPhone / Android games, but I'm not planning to play any game on a phone:

Whats up k'_127. The iphone Double Dragon game is a lot of fun and is basically a graphical redo of Double Dragon Advance. However, the lack of physical buttons really does hurt the controls. I wouldn't say it's unplayable though.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
"Replayability" is a term that's too arbitrary to apply to most arcade games IMO. Do you have a Zombie's Revenge world record high score? Well, then I guess there is reason to keep playing. But, like you don't want to because it's not fun anymore right? I don't think one should claim that a lack "replayablity" is the issue.

You're right, and I don't mean to knock ZR like that. I like playing them time and again, but obtaining a world high score or 1cc isn't everything to me. What I mean by replayability in this case is what there is to ordinarily discover, such as the portraits in Deka 2, or the extra minigames in ZR- things offered, not arbitrarily set out to do aside from clearing the game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
You're right, and I don't mean to knock ZR like that. I like playing them time and again, but obtaining a world high score or 1cc isn't everything to me. What I mean by replayability in this case is what there is to ordinarily discover, such as the portraits in Deka 2, or the extra minigames in ZR- things offered, not arbitrarily set out to do aside from clearing the game.

I haven't played the game you mention and I feel I should as it has been praised a great deal. Personally though I feel the graphics are weird, I'm just glad such games are being made and yes, I reckon in that case you can see a clear vision present. They've been doing this type of thing since the Saturn days right?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
If you mean Dragon's Crown, yes the developers have been making similar games since the Saturn, but I haven't tried any one of theirs other than DC. I think the other games they've developed vary a bit in genre gameplay.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Ya get the 'arcade crew' to make a new game based on a port that was inferior in every way to the arcade version? Fuck Tradewest and fuck this shit too.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I don't know - I think I'll wait for a sale.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Going from this:

sdd01.jpg_

Back to This:

double-dragon-4-2016122693645_1.jpg

:oh_no:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Going from this:

sdd01.jpg

Back to This:

double-dragon-4-2016122693645_1.jpg

:oh_no:

Looks like they made the right choice.

BTW can we talk about that SNES DD? It was an abomination. The slowdown must've been some of the worst on the console. An absolute chore to play.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
^

I'd have to agree there too, looks good.

How about the DD on the Neo? what a load of shit.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
9:42 in your part of the land down under, did you eat/drink dinner yet

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Looks like they made the right choice.

BTW can we talk about that SNES DD? It was an abomination. The slowdown must've been some of the worst on the console. An absolute chore to play.

Don't get me wrong, I like DD II. It's just that the series evolved into such a better game, such as Double Dragon Advance which in my opinion is the best Double Dragon beat em up, why go back to the limitations of part II. Also more environmental traps in this game because those were highly loved in II, am I right??? =/

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm still bummed by the NES graphics but it does look really good. I particularly liked throwing a motherfucker into a hurricane kick.

xorthen

Banned
Super Double Dragon sucks, but it has cool moves. A bit too slow for my tastes.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Unlocking the enemies to play them in all modes is pretty cool....Too bad they don't have Ranzou and Chin from dd3 though.