Central ohio

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
A friend of mine who plays a pretty mean LB2 and a decent Art Of Fighting team is going to hitch a ride with me if thats cool?

Even if we don't use it, I'm bringing along my MVS system and my games (just in case). We'll probably show up around 1:00 or so.

Kristoff

Another Striker
The wheels in motion

Okay, so my car is all kinds of aces compared to what it used to be. I'm no longer terrified to drive it (it's tricky to claw at the dashboard like a panic stricken cheerleader and drive at the same time).

So... I'm definitely going to swing by at sometime tomorrow with Yanko and Mowery... maybe a few extra people. I'm thinking sometime in the afternoon for a couple of hours.

I'll bring the hyper games too.

And for Mike (YagamiKun), I do believe he has to work the job fair at the Kings Island deal, so he's probably a no go.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
OK sorry I haven't posted more in this thread. I have been without internet access for about 2 weeks now. Should have the new G4 up and running by next week.

I figure since most people are having to drive some distance we start setting up at around noon. People should start showing up by about 1:00. Just show up with whatever you want/need to play.

I would appreciate if we could get some arcade sticks for the DC. Also my supergun does not have neo control ports so we probabley won't be using mine. And if someone can bring an AES w/ uni bios 2.0 so we can play SSVS.

Please try and bring your own drinks,food,smoke ect..

I will have a sign up at the top of my driveway, just remember:

It's directly across the street from Wyandotte Woods and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Hope to see you guys tomarrow.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, talked to my boss today and got Saturday off. Will try to be there around noon or so with my supergun, tv, and about 15 or so MVS games. See you all there!

Jon

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Had a good time, well worth the trip to play some fighters with other neo fans!!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah, it was pretty good. You'd think there'd be more people interested in doing these things, but, having been trying to do a Neo Geo get together for years, that is probably about as good as it gets.

I was pretty surprised that Lasujin and his buddy actually were willing to drive that far. I'm glad they did though, had some pretty good competition at Garou and the KOF's. (My Iori and Rock are a bitch, aren't they? :mr_t: ) Your Ryuji Yamazaki on 2003, though...that really ended alot of matches. I had no idea that he runs into his LDM...nuts.

Anyway, we'll try to do something like this again. Perhaps this summer. Till next time.

Jon

Kristoff

Another Striker
Glad to hear everything turned out well!

I made it as far as Columbus before the day took a different turn. Everybody knows, that's how it goes.

Maybe a few smaller get togethers would be fun too, hell maybe even one that I could *gasp* actually make it too. Sometimes I honestly wish my life wasn't so all over the place, but it comes and goes.

Did anyone take any pics? It'd be great to see some of the crew!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Hate to dissapoint you, Chris. It was just myself, Terry330, Greedostick, and Lasujin there. There were other people there, but, they weren't forum members. So, not much of a "crew" persay.

It was definitely better than the last two "gatherings", (if you really want to call them that), but, nothing huge. There were a few decent matches going on, though. I was definitely impressed with Lasujin's Garou skills.

Oh, well. We'll try again. Hopefully, this summer we can try to develop more interest in this sort of thing to plan another one.

Jon