Central ohio

willywalken

Quiz Detective
dayton

i live hear in dayton and would love to have a get together with some fellow neo homies! always a good time. just give me the info on what to do somebody. :buttrock:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Nice!!

Things seem to be shaping up well. I would be more than happy to have it at Terry330 pad. There's plenty of room and there will be plenty of games to play. Since i'm closest i'd bring my 2 slot and my gun. Jon could maybe bring his gun also if we needed it.

We pretty much have all the neo fighting games worth playing.

I would really like to get into this atomiswave and see some of the games.

You all should tell us what you have to bring so we can see if we need you to bring it. The less crap we have doubles of the less you would have to bring. I really don't think much would need to be brought when talking neo geo games, but there are a few I would like to play. We could really use a extra cd pad since jon's doesn't work right. Hopefully he got a new one by now.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Terry330 said:
I would be willing to have the get-together at my place. I'm located in Dublin about 2 min. away from the Columbus Zoo.

I have a fairly large driveway and live off a major road so my place would have parking capacity and be fairly easy to find.

I also have 2 TVs and a VGA monitor in the room with all my games and stuff.

The larger TV has Component & S-vid and the smaller has S-vid so we could easily have 2 neos setup at once and my Atomiswave or DC on the monitor.

I also have a Hyper 64 setup but I only own SS64 atm and only have Dolphin Blue on ATW. :( I would appreciate it if somebody could bring some other H64 & ATW games if we kick it here.

Just LMK.

Hey, I was playing some Neo with Kristoff tonight and we were talking about the Hyper. He has all of the Hyper fighting games (WA, both SS games, and Buriki) and we're down for some serious Hyper gaming. SS2 and Buriki expecialy.

Also, any SS3 players? Need to hone my Galford sillz if there are... :shame:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'd leave your projectors at home. You need some sort of screen to use them effectively. I've been to Kurt's house many times. It's a decent size, but, I really don't think we could fit 10 or so people there and two projectors. Two to three TV's will do just fine-trust me.

Count me in guys. I just have to give my work about two weeks notice before the date. Hopefully, I'll have a brand new Neo Geo CD pad by then.

Ore no chikara...misitearou!!!

Jon

Kristoff

Another Striker
Bah! You don't need a screen for the projector to look "good", sure it does make a helluva difference, but the point of having a projector is so that you can play the Neo on a screen that's the size of a wall! You've got to go over the top, what fun is it to not? :)

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
you don't need a MF'n screen for what we are doing, a nice white wall will be great!

count me in for what ever weekend is voted on, granted I'd only be able to make a Saturday event

by the way, will there be any booze allowed? :D

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'll post up directions to my place this weekend.

Yes smoking and drinking is allowed at my place ;)

A projector would be cool but I cant think any large white walls in my house it would work on.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
can always bring it for shits and giggles, and if it doesn't get used so be it, no loss.

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
I live in Toledo and may be able to make the drive. T-town representin' !!

I am trying to buy a house by the spring so I will have to see if I will be busy moving or not. It would be fun to go and meet some people with some interest in the Neo since I know nobody who gives a flying f*** here in Toledo.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Hey, I wasn't thinking. Is there a certain limit to the # of people you want over kurt?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah, I don't want to discourage anyone from coming, either. Terry's room is decent size. I can see it fitting like 10-15 people. More if he were to move out some furniture. It would probably be a good idea to move your couch against the wall adjacent to your sliding glass door.

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I figure I can fit like at least 10 cars in the driveway easily. If I move some stuff around inside we can fit like 15 people relativley comfortably with like 3 game setups going at once.

I'm more concerned that people actually come than running out of space.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
guess we would need some folding chairs then. I have a few lying around. maybe 4 or 5

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I guess it would be OK if you brought a couple folding chairs. I don't know about everyone else, but, I'm perfectly comfortable sitting indian style on the carpet.

I think the next thing everyone one needs to do is mark March 31, 2005 on their calendars to be free that day. Let your work know and try not to make any plans for that day.

I also think we need to discuss what games we need to bring. Try to keep it to a minimum. You'd be surprised how much you'll be playing Garou:MOTW over Fatal Fury 1. Kurt (Terry330) has a decent selection of AES games including Garou:MOTW, Metal Slug 2, X, 3 (I think?), etc. so, that's why I won't be bringing too much stuff. Refresh my memory, Kurt: What games do you have again?

Jon

PS: If ANYONE has a good working, good condition Neo Geo CD pad, let me know. I'll buy one if nobody does....

Kristoff

Another Striker
Okay, I'm confused. The first post in this thread says that this is going to be on April 31'st... April only has 30 days though... and then the last post mentions it being on March 31'st... which is a Thursday??

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Kristoff's right. How about April 30th? That's a Saturday...

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Jon said:
Kristoff's right. How about April 30th? That's a Saturday...

Jon

Yeah I originally said last saturday in april. Things must have got mixed up.

Jon, you have a PM coming

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Hola! Wow...it looks like the Ohio Neo Gathering is shaping up nicely. I'd say given how far out it is to pen me down for a tenative yes for attending. I'm also in Cincinnati like Kris and Yagamikun but on the other side of the I-275 loop. I just need to check with my jobs to see if the weekend is free for me to take.

As for what to bring, I dunno....I've got a couple of MVS games (Panic Bomber and Neo Bomberman) that I could bring (though I think the Neo Bomberman lacks sound...I'm thinking it's bootleg :confused: ).

willywalken

Quiz Detective
memories

if this gathering does really happen, someone please please bring a camera and take a ton of pictures. hopefully it will help in a more increasing east coast neo commuity.!!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I dont think we'll need folding chairs, I have quite a bit of seating options.

Games I have:

(AES)

KOF 96,97,98,99,00 & 01
Sam. Spirits 2,3,4 & 5S
Metal Slug X & 5
RB,RBS & RB2
MOTW
Last Blade 1 & 2
Matrimelee
Pulstar
Blazing Star
Shock Troopers
Kabuki Klash
SVC: Chaos

(Hyper 64)

Samurai Spirits 64

People will probabley want to bring:

KOF 02 & 03
Metal Slug 3
Puzzle Games (BAM,MD,TSS ect..)
Controllers of your choice.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I know I can bring KOF2K2-3. I could bring other systems, but, it sounds like everyone will be playing Neo Geo the whole time.

Jon

PS: Kurt, sorry I haven't been by recently. I'm kind of afraid to drive because my car's registration has expired. I'll be by in probably a few weeks once my car situation gets squared away.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I have Metal Slug 3 (MVS, I could bring my (very ghetto) consolized setup to play MVS on in case people bring a lot of MVS carts) I also have ROTD, Turfmasters, and Magical Drop 3. I also have a ton of other fighters (2k2, 2k3), but you mentioned most of em.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'll go ahead and bring my mvs setup since i'm close anyway. supergun system and a 2 slot with older bios. Think nothing after rage of the dragons is supported.

I want to play some last blade for sure. Really the only game i'm decent at besides samurai showdown 2, 3, and 4. I wouldn't mind playing some turf masters either, been missing it since I sold mine to jon. I could also bring baseball stars 2 but I think I would probebly be the only one who like it.

I know jon would LOVE to play some magical drop :buttrock:

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Magical Drop? Yeah, I really would love to play it. Provided you turned off the sound AND video!

Jon