Central ohio

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Not that I'm complaining but, who stickied this thread?

Jon

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Jon said:
Oh, boy, here we go.

Seriously, the only thing I fear going to this meet is freaking Mowery's pedophile ass with his Athena, and B. Jenet's "top-tier" air throw. Your Don Hwan pales in comparison.

I must warn you though, it's been like 4 years since I played you at Garou. I've gotten WAY better. Ask Chris if you don't believe me. I seem to remember you guys playing more "honorably". Last time I played Chris at Garou, all he did was trap me in the corner and LK, LK, LK, LK, HK...over and over. Now, I'm not saying I won't push you into the corner, but, (and you can ask Greedo and Terry330 on this), I WILL let you out. The only thing that I do that I find really cheap is Iori's command throw into the Madien Masher into the lightning..thing. I abuse that like a bastard. But, it's been around since KOF '96 (well, not the last part), just freaking get used to it!!!!

You all will feel the wrath of my Rock Howard and Iori Yagami!! Prepare for the Neo Geo CD pad, as well!!!!!

Jon

Hummm, concidering you havent played me in 4 years and how my D. Hwan pales in compairison is a bold statement indeed. We'll see just how much you have improved. We did play honorably, yes, and I still do...but I was also holding back. Your moves were predictive, so predictive in fact that I saw no real need to put forth any more effort than the bare minimum I needed to win. Not trying to be pompus, thats exactly how I played when you last played me. Every round, no matter what, the VERY first thing you would do is jump back and "Double Repuken!" If you have improved, and I'm very sure you have, it will be interesting to match the skills I've acquired since that time to see what you have learned and see how much you have improved. I think it would be awesome if you suprised the crap out of everybody and beat the hell out of us. Give me something to actualy challenge myself with and get better :) I've been in a slump lately, so a challenge is always welcome and accepted :buttrock: Here's to a good challenge Jon. ::bows at you::

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
yagamikun said:
Hummm, concidering you havent played me in 4 years and how my D. Hwan pales in compairison is a bold statement indeed. We'll see just how much you have improved. We did play honorably, yes, and I still do...but I was also holding back. Your moves were predictive, so predictive in fact that I saw no real need to put forth any more effort than the bare minimum I needed to win. Not trying to be pompus, thats exactly how I played when you last played me. Every round, no matter what, the VERY first thing you would do is jump back and "Double Repuken!" If you have improved, and I'm very sure you have, it will be interesting to match the skills I've acquired since that time to see what you have learned and see how much you have improved. I think it would be awesome if you suprised the crap out of everybody and beat the hell out of us. Give me something to actualy challenge myself with and get better :) I've been in a slump lately, so a challenge is always welcome and accepted :buttrock: Here's to a good challenge Jon. ::bows at you::

I didn't mean your Dong Hwan paled in comaparison to my Rock Howard. Just that your Dong Hwan paled in comparison to Mowery's antics.

Yes, I have improved massively at fighting games. I've been to a few tournaments and I like to play against friends, at arcades, etc. I don't get to play actual "human" opponents very often. Xenia sucks, you can ask anybody. I make up for this by putting the game on Level 8 difficulty. It doesn't QUITE make up for the randomness you get by playing a real person...but, it is damn close. Definitely makes you ready for any typical fighting game scrub you might come across.

I'm a bit rusty myself. No human opponents and no GOOD, WORKING CD pad make it tough. I'll get one here real soon and try to practice up. I seriously think you will be surprised. Look forward to seeing you there.

Jon

Kristoff

Another Striker
Woo! Look at the competition fly. I'm just glad people are interested in playing some games. Speaking of... While we'll have all of this great opportunity for competition, are there any other games out there that people are interested in playing. Tekken 5 has been my thing lately and I'm always curious to see how people hold up in VF4:Evo.

They may not be Neo specifically, but they could be fun for a couple of rounds between Neo games.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Ladies?

I'm almost 100% postive you'll be the only one there.

Some of us have been single for years. :( :crying:

Jon

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Jon said:
Ladies?

I'm almost 100% postive you'll be the only one there.

Some of us have been single for years. :( :crying:

Jon

Hummm...I dont know if I'd be admiting to that or not :lol: :lol:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Directions!

All right here we go:

Take I71 or I70 to Columbus outerbelt I270

Dublin is a Northwest Suburb of Columbus.

Exit I270 at Sawmill Rd.

Go north on Sawmill

Turn left at Hard Rd. (3rd light) Hard rd. will dead end on Riverside Dr.

Turn right on to Riverside Dr.

My house is approx. 1/3 mi. north of Hard Rd. Directly off Riverside.

The Traffic signal for Wyandotte Woods is directly in front of my house.

My address is:

7859 Riverside Drive.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Also, I'm going to suggest to everyone that because it's hard to turn (weird angle) into Kurt's driveway that you turn from the median right before the traffic light he mentions in his post. Riverside is very busy most of the day. Just be patient and careful and you should be fine.

I'm also going to recommend we have some sort of sign, possibly two; one for both sides of the street. Believe me, the first time you go to his house, you probably will pass it.

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Jon said:
Also, I'm going to suggest to everyone that because it's hard to turn (weird angle) into Kurt's driveway that you turn from the median right before the traffic light he mentions in his post. Riverside is very busy most of the day. Just be patient and careful and you should be fine.

I'm also going to recommend we have some sort of sign, possibly two; one for both sides of the street. Believe me, the first time you go to his house, you probably will pass it.

Jon

Yeah, it is a shittly angle. If you happen to be heading south down riverside you wouldn't be able to make the turn. And odds are you will probebly pass it. So you will have to go back to hard road and come again heading northbound. I usually get in the middle of the road and basically make my own turn lane in the yellow painted area so cars can pass me.

Maybe if we just set a chair or something out there in the little bit of yard there is there?

If you are looking for the house number you won't have much luck, I really never even see his house till I pull all the way in. You kinda have to guesstimate by looking at other numbers.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah the angle into my driveway is a bitch I'll put a sign up.

I should have some sweet shooter PCBs by then if anybody else is a fellow shmupster :)

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Alright, I've been playing a lot of 2k3 as of late and I'm ready to roll. I definitely plan on making this one, can't wait.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
:)

A perk of being a mod and from Ohio.

I'm trying to clear my schedule so that I can make it. I probably won't know until the day of or the night before though.

Jeff

Jon said:
Not that I'm complaining but, who stickied this thread?

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah, I hope we have at least 7-10 people over. That would be truly awesome.

Jeff, is there any way to put component video on a supergun? I'll probably bring mine with me, so you can take a look.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Incidentally, Kurt, what would be a good time for everyone to come over on the 30th?

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Also kurt, It would probebly be a good idea to pm the people who are suppose to be coming that I posted in my first thread and give them your phone #. If you are to busy let me know and I will contact them.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Yes. I'm not sure what you have, but I've installed the Neobitz board for a couple people into their MAS sg. I'm not sure there would be enough room in a Sigma though...

Jeff

Jon said:
Yeah, I hope we have at least 7-10 people over. That would be truly awesome.

Jeff, is there any way to put component video on a supergun? I'll probably bring mine with me, so you can take a look.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
JMKurtz said:
Yes. I'm not sure what you have, but I've installed the Neobitz board for a couple people into their MAS sg. I'm not sure there would be enough room in a Sigma though...

Jeff

It's not a Sigma or MAS unit. It's homemade. Works remarkably well. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Hopefully, Kristoff, the guy who made it, will be there as well.

Jon

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
This is coming up this saturday so I'm getting some practice in on the KOF.........but mostly 2003.

What years do you guys play the most/have the most experience with? Currently the crew here is playing 2k3 a ton (-HIM) I'd love to see how my skills match up to some other players. Can't wait to play some neo at a meet-up again............

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
This is coming up this saturday so I'm getting some practice in on the KOF.........but mostly 2003.

What years do you guys play the most/have the most experience with? Currently the crew here is playing 2k3 a ton (-HIM) I'd love to see how my skills match up to some other players. Can't wait to play some neo at a meet-up again............

We (myself, Terry330, and Greedo) mostly play Garou: MOTW, Last Blade, SVC: Chaos, and a couple of the KOF's...but, not 2K3. The reason? As far as KOF's go, it's vastly inferior to 98, 00, and 02. Sorry if that offends anyone. But, just put them side by side and you'll see what I mean.

Does that mean we won't play it with you? No, not at all. Although, if you plan on playing that particular game, you may want to bring your copy...because I know I don't have it...and, I'm pretty sure Kurt doesn't either.

Something we have not really talked about is the setup that's going to be there. Kurt has one TV he's dedicated to Neo Geo to, one he has set on its side for vertical shooters, and a VGA monitor for other games. I'm planning on bringing my TV as well as a Supergun for Neo MVS and other JAMMA games. We MAY need one more TV as well as another Neo AES...maybe...depending on how many people show up.

Also, make sure everyone brings controllers, games, etc. Anything interesting you'd like to show everybody (ie. rare, unusual games..on just about any system) I myself would love to see. If you plan on bringing CD games, I recommend you take the games out of the case and just bring the CD itself...put them in one of those CD zipper cases. No telling what may happen, this is just a precaution.

I'll contact Kurt to see if he has any other things he needs everyone to know before coming. Also, if you do really plan on coming, please let myself, Terry330, or Greedostick know. I'd really like to get a more definite idea about how many people are showing up. Just PM one of us. Thanks everyone for your patience and hope to see you all there.

Jon

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Jon said:
We (myself, Terry330, and Greedo) mostly play Garou: MOTW, Last Blade, SVC: Chaos, and a couple of the KOF's...but, not 2K3. The reason? As far as KOF's go, it's vastly inferior to 98, 00, and 02. Sorry if that offends anyone. But, just put them side by side and you'll see what I mean.

Woah ---- I know my KOF and I agree that 2k3 is inferior to 98 and 2k2 (I own them both) and I have a good bit of experience with 2k as well. However I would not use the word vastly. No offense taken I'm just as happy to play 2k2 if your all up for that.

I like 2k2 better, but only by a hair. I'm really fond of some of the combos that are possible within 2k3s system (what with tag and timing diffs) and I was hoping that someone else might be into it as well.

It's a real shame that Duo was included and things like c.B, qcf+Cx3, qcf+B, c.C, qcf+
B (repeat) is present, but I don't think it ruins the game. Give it a chance if you haven't played it heavily with decent competition.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Woah ---- I know my KOF and I agree that 2k3 is inferior to 98 and 2k2 (I own them both) and I have a good bit of experience with 2k as well. However I would not use the word vastly. No offense taken I'm just as happy to play 2k2 if your all up for that.

I like 2k2 better, but only by a hair. I'm really fond of some of the combos that are possible within 2k3s system (what with tag and timing diffs) and I was hoping that someone else might be into it as well.

It's a real shame that Duo was included and things like c.B, qcf+Cx3, qcf+B, c.C, qcf+
B (repeat) is present, but I don't think it ruins the game. Give it a chance if you haven't played it heavily with decent competition.

I think Playmore tried too hard to make it like MVC..with the tag system, or whatever. A couple things really annoyed me about the game. First off, the Leader system. Only one of your characters can do all of their moves. Which makes it really annoying when he gets beaten and your other characters are stuck with inferior moves. Another thing is the fact that alot the moves you were able to buffer (ie. Iori's command throw into Maiden Masher, and Kyo's double kick into Orochi Nagi) are gone. Well, gone is a strong word. You can do it, but, you have to wait until the entire movement is over before you can do the second part. Kind of annoying.

It sounds like you're really into comboes. I look forward to playing against someone who actually knows what they're doing.:)

Jon

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Jon said:
It sounds like you're really into comboes. I look forward to playing against someone who actually knows what they're doing.:)

Me too, It should be a good time. And definitely some valid points about 2k3. I take it in another light maybe. I like the leader system because it makes the tag system viable. Quite often if you think it through you can save the leader for abusing his move - It's only one move after all, but it can make a difference if you save it.

It's very true that some combos and a bit of buffering is gone. It can be hard to deal with but with a little practice all that stuff comes back. It took me forever to get some things down, but I don't even notice it anymore.

Can't wait for saturday, I was brushing up on my Garou today, it had been quite awhile. Next up is Last Blade 2

Last edited:

Kristoff

Another Striker
Hmm.. yeah, so this weekend is rolling up already. I just took my car to CarEx for repairs, hopefully it'll be golden by Saturday. I'm still hoping to at least stop by for a bit either way.

Anyone have an idea of what time your meeting up? Noon'ish 'till wheneva'?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Kristoff said:
Hmm.. yeah, so this weekend is rolling up already. I just took my car to CarEx for repairs, hopefully it'll be golden by Saturday. I'm still hoping to at least stop by for a bit either way.

Anyone have an idea of what time your meeting up? Noon'ish 'till wheneva'?

About the time...I will probably be there around 11 am. So, yeah, noon should be fine with Kurt, I'm guessing. I'll PM him later to make sure.

BTW, Chris, if you need a ride, let me know. I will come and get you. I would hate to do this thing without you and Mike. I'm not sure I told you this, but, I got a new car, so, it won't be as hard on it like my old one. Just let me know via PM.

Incidentally, I have tons of games for other systems. So, I need to know if you guys want me to bring anything specifically. I guess only Kurt or Greedo would be able to tell me because they're the only ones who've seen some of my stuff. But, if any of you have any requests I may be able to bring some interesting stuff by.

Jon