What is your guilty pleasure Neo Geo game?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I guess Fatal Fury 1 counts as a guilty pleasure. Like someone else said, it rocks as a single player game. Heck, even 2 player is sweet because it offers 1P and 2P VS CPU. How many other arcade fighting games do that? Best part of Fatal Fury 1 is the terrible English artwork, I love it!

Fatal_Fury_Neo_Geo_Box_Art.jpg
Now that i can see as a guilty pleasure,while later games in the ff series out did it.The original fatal fury was kind of unique for it's time.For it having a 2ps vs the cpu and it's day to night transition.Beside it's u.s cover art looking like some thing out the movie roadhouse :rolleyes:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Samurai Shodown 4 all the way followed by 2

You made a enemy today:hammer:

Ha I was joking. Although I do have riding hero it fell in the back of my 4 slot cab and its been there for years. Its not even worth the effort to open the back and retrieve it. Forever there it shall stay, banished to its little corner of shame.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I guess Fatal Fury 1 counts as a guilty pleasure. Like someone else said, it rocks as a single player game. Heck, even 2 player is sweet because it offers 1P and 2P VS CPU. How many other arcade fighting games do that? Best part of Fatal Fury 1 is the terrible English artwork, I love it!

Fatal_Fury_Neo_Geo_Box_Art.jpg

Dalton.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I really cant stand that artwork it looks so boring.
I did like aggressors of dark kombat but for many years I thought there was no ending until I got the internet because the CD I had must have been faulty as when I won my eighth fight it took me str8 back to the first match again and I just presumed it was an endless battle mode as there were no bosses.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Concerning FF1's US artwork, I think I know what it's supposed to depict.

For starters, the guy in the white muscle shirt is probably Andy Bogard, with Terry getting punched off the bench. Why this is happening is because after every 1P & 2P Vs. CPU fight, it's a 1P Vs. 2P round. So if 1P and 2P are Terry and Andy, they'll be fighting each other in that round.

Mystery solved.

I don't quite know what where they're supposed to be, but a ferris wheel sounds plausible given how high up they are.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
IMO the original Fatal Fury game isn't so much a guilty pleasure but the US insert sure is, that is, if there's someone out there who actually appreciates it as a work of art and not just out of nostalgia. It's a disgrace compared to the JPN version.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't have any nostalgia for that artwork. I found that game a year or two ago and the artwork is so hilariously over-the-top, it's hard not to love it. :D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For me it is King of Monsters!!! Which was my first game!

how is that a guilty pleasure?

I should start banning people for their posts in this thread.

guilty pleasures are like, shit you should be embarrassed about, but you do it because you derive enjoyment from it. LoSJ is a guilty pleasure. MS4 is a guilty pleasure. Galaxy Fight is a guilty pleasure. Fight Fever is a Guilty pleasure.

But good games from their respective time periods are not guilty pleasures.

Esper Wizard

New Challenger
I don't want to get banned.

Many people (as shown earlier in the thread) hate SNK vs Capcom. I really like it. And it's true that the control is not nearly as tight as the one in King of Fighters. But I like the backgrounds, their names, the fact that they are desolate, the dialogs before the matches, the announcer's voice, and probably most of all, the fact that I can fight (or control) Capcom characters drawn and controlled in SNK style.

Don

Camel Slug
Burning fight and Ninja combat. The voice sampling in Ninja Combat and suddo klu klux klan men in Ninja Combat always make me laugh.

mikey

Marked Wolf
That looks more like Patrick Swayze on the front cover punching Terry off the bench

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Now I want to go buy a copy of Fatal Fury...

Chris

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I enjoy all of the Mahjong games even though I am terrible at them and playing them with a regular pad just plain sucks.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
That looks more like Patrick Swayze on the front cover punching Terry off the bench
I like i said Road House maybe when snk change the coverart for the u.s,they were fans of the movie ;)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
guilty pleasures are like, shit you should be embarrassed about, but you do it because you derive enjoyment from it. LoSJ is a guilty pleasure. MS4 is a guilty pleasure. Galaxy Fight is a guilty pleasure. Fight Fever is a Guilty pleasure.

But good games from their respective time periods are not guilty pleasures.
I pretty much said the same earlier in the thread. Someone (you perhaps?) should definitely undertake an official guilty pleasures list including RHero, LOSJ, NCombat etc. Probably Burning Fight too...

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
arrest and incarcerate any person who ever answers 'Fight Fever'. there is 99,8% chances this person is a psycho and a serial killer...

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
MS4 is a guilty pleasure. Galaxy Fight is a guilty pleasure.

Heh, totally forgot about those. Slug 4 definitely is one of my guilty pleasures as well, it's actually quite awesome if you play it for score. Compared to Slug 1 and 2 it rots away like a loaf of bread in a Slug level, though.

Galaxy Fight... well, the borderless levels seem like a neat idea at first but actually it's not that great. The partly interesting lineup gets spoiled by a whacky engine and a ridiculously unfair CPU AI if you play it in 1P. Ah well... it's not Fight Fever or LoSJ bad, you can actually get some fun out of it if you casually play it in 2P with a like-minded friend, and be it just or a good laugh. That is what my friends and I sometimes did on our weekly gaming meets. The big guy with the face of a snapping turtle and his anims are hilarious, as are the rest of the cast. I wonder what they were smoking when they put the lineup together. It's like Red Earth on acid.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Can Waku Waku 7 be called a guilty pleasure? I know it is not liked by all but ain't considered a bad game either.
I really love this game and playing with Mauru (which reminds me to Totoro) puts a smile on my face. :-)