Hanzo Hattori (World Heroes)
Template:CharacterInfoboxHanzo Hattori (服部 半蔵, Hattori Hanzō) is the protagonist of the World Heroes series. He is Kotaro Fuuma's rival. In his initial planning stages, he bore a very striking resemblance to Ryu from Street Fighter. Hanzo's hairstyle and padded outfit were devised to give his design its own uniqueness. His IQ from his World Heroes profile is listed as "unfathomable".
He is based on the historical figure of the same name, who was head of a clan in Iga. He also shares the same name as Hanzo from the Samurai Shodown series. To avoid confusion between the two, this character is sometimes called by his first name, "Hanzo" (ハンゾウ, Hanzou). His weapon, Masamune, is also named after the legendary swordsmith of the same name.
Hanzo is the young and rigorous leader of the Iga clan. After Fuuma beat him when he was 19, he declared the other ninja as his rival and trains to not lose to him again. Sent to a world unknown to him, he continues to train and obtain enlightenment as a warrior. He considers himself naive, though he has hopes to one day be the greatest.
Hanzou never refuses a challenge and despises evil, so when Doctor Brown invited him for World Heroes tournament he accepted right away. After winning the tournament and defeating Geegus, Hanzou leaves without attending the award ceremony. He enters the future competitions to not only face stronger opponents, but to also defeat antagonists who are usually the one hosting the competitions.
Hanzo is a very dedicated and stoic warrior, only thinking of the next battle. He refers to himself in humble terms, using the words sessha and dono when addressing others. He is usually very serious and focused until Kotaro's antics make him lose his temper. At times he exercises good will with the other fighters, as he is seen interacting with them in other endings.
Aside from these powers, he also has all the skills perceived to be had by ninjas (stealth, swimming, climbing, etc.).
- Pyrokinesis: Using his ninjutsu, Hanzo can emit blue flames. With this, he can throw blaze-tinted kunai, create a rising uppercut, and shoot blue energy from his hands.
- Invisibility - Hanzo can become invisible at will.
- Teleportation - Hanzo can teleport short distances.
Like several characters at the time of conception, he fights in a similar manner as Ryu.
- Public Hit & Missing Of Intense Light - World Heroes
- The last days of the runaway ninja -Fight- - World Heroes
- Intuition - World Heroes 2
- My Spirit is Blank - World Heroes 2
- Shooting Script - World Heroes 2 Jet
- Kenzo Takada - World Heroes series
- Tetsuya Tanaka - Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- Ryōtarō Okiayu - World Heroes 2 Jet cassette book
- World Heroes
- World Heroes 2
- World Heroes 2 Jet
- World Heroes Perfect
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash DS
- SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy - in Jeanne's ending
World Heroes artwork
World Heroes 2: Artwork.
World Heroes 2 Jet: artwork.
World Heroes Anthology artwork