His design was meant to mirror Mixed Martial Artists and his design was probably based on real life fighters, Kazushi "The Gracie Hunter" Sakuraba or Caol Uno. He's also based on manga character Baki Hanma from Baki the Grappler.
His appearance in The King of Fighters XI was meant to be added as a surprise for fans. Developers had to completely rearrange his moveset from Buriki One to better fit the KOF style.
He is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
Gai Tendo is a fighter of the martial arts system named Total Combat or Total Fighting Art. He hails from Japan and heard news of the upcoming Buriki One tournament and decided to enter to test his skills. During the tournament, he started a rivalry with american boxer Rob Python. Gai Tendo is good friends with Seo Yong Song and Takato Saionji.
He has made several cameos in The King of Fighters series.
Very brash and noisy, Gai is the type of person that doesn't think before he acts. He is a fighter at heart.
His fighting style, Total Combat is based on Mixed Martial Arts. He fights with chain combos of punches, elbow strikes, kicks and shin kicks.
- In High Gear - Buriki One, King of Fighters XI
- King - King of Fighters XI (Arcade version only)
- Buriki One
- The King of Fighters '99 Evolution - As a Striker only character
- The King of Fighters 2000 - As a Striker for Takuma
- The King of Fighters XI - Potential mid-boss and unlockable character
- The King of Fighters: Battle de Paradise - Striker
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - Chae Lim's Another Outfit-Variation G (with white top, like Buriki Girl Hinako), background cameo
- King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match - background cameo in the Italy stage, in the 3rd and 4th rounds
Buriki One artwork
- Gai Tendo Portrait.png
Gai Tendo Buriki One portrait
- Gai Tendo Alt Portrait.png
Gai Tendo Buriki One alternate portrait
- Seo Yong Song, Gai Tendo & Takato Saionji .jpg
Gai Tendo and friends by Hiroaki