Yes Epic! FREE Titans Expansion pack for Unreal Tournament 3

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Still have to play around with this, but it looks like they added quite a bit of content. This brings it a little more up to par with the other games in the series as many people complained that there were a lack of maps. Favorite DM map so far is one where you're under the ocean. There's a time slowing powerup that makes your enemies move slower. I'm not sure what happens in multiplayer, if other people slow down or they just remove it completely in multiplayer. Plus there are a couple of maps that make a return like Turbine and a modded version of Koos Galleon.

Plus they finally added split screen for the PS3 version. :buttrock:

My only complaint so far is that much of the music is either the same or slightly remixed. I actually really like the music in the series and UT '04 had new tunes for many of the new maps. I would have paid for maps with all new music, but at least the price was right. ;)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Ut is an all-hitscan noob fps :/

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
People still play this?

I never even started.

But people still play this?

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
If only UT3 didn't suck. And I think there's still a group playing this crap. Most of us went back to UT2k3/4.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
People still play this?

I never even started.

But people still play this?

Nope, almost nobody plays it online. Even though I play 04 online, I still love the art style of 3 with its grim, dark atmosphere. So it's mostly bot matches in 3 for me.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Almost nobody is ever online for the PC version. I've seen the PS3 version before and it plays much slower than it's PC counterpart.

Like most said, I still think 2k4 is a better game.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
If only UT3 didn't suck. And I think there's still a group playing this crap. Most of us went back to UT2k3/4.

I never left UT2k4. UT3 is mysteriously absent from my operating system. :emb:

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
I got the PC version when it first came out and there were major problems with it I agree, bugs, high system requirements to name a few. Now, with all that was done to it, it's actually a lot better, but I think the initial negative reviews scared most people away so they will never give it a second chance. Maybe next time they won't rush UT4 (and I'm hoping there is a next time).

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I still play it.

I think it's a really fun FPS. The deathmatch is a lot of fun. The new expansion is great.

I've been getting into Quake Live a lot recently though and I'm preferring that game.

Reality Check

World Hero
I give a go when Steam was offering it for free. I didn't like it. I found the gameplay generic, the campaign is a glorified tutorial and I hated the visual style. It looked like the ugly step child of Gears and Quake. I liked Unreal Championship on the Xbox alot more.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I got the PC version when it first came out and there were major problems with it I agree, bugs, high system requirements to name a few.

I actually thought the system requirements were rather low given the amount of eye candy (aka.coded very well). Was a ton of original bugs though.

My main issue is still wondering if people are somehow cheating, despite punk buster. This thread made me wanna play for a few hours earlier and it was pissing me off the way sometimes I'd spawn and someone would run by and drop me with one 3-round burst from the enforcer (the right click attack).

Even with all 3 shots being head shots at point blank, that will not remove 100 health. Me and my friend tested it out by doing it to each other and all 3 rounds as head shots removes either 63 or 64 health (it varied sometimes between the two). Knowing this as fact, how were people killing me with it when I had full health ? They didn't have the damage amp either.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
^punkbuster doesn't stop people from cheating, all it does is stop age-old hacks and lag you.

today's cheats are commercial and tailored, the problem being that they can be pretty hard to detect.

then again, after getting owned the first thing that springs to mind is "they must be cheating"

human nature and all that

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
then again, after getting owned the first thing that springs to mind is "they must be cheating"

I'm not one to accuse people of cheating for being good, which is why me and my roommate took the time to do a LAN game purely for the purpose of seeing how much damage a right-click enforcer hit to the head will do. We proved that it's impossible to one hit kill with it.

But yeah, it gets irritating to hear people say (or type up) "you're cheating" everytime you win a match. You'll almost always get that if you're able to pull off shock combos while you're running and jumping around. I know 2k4 has some cheat that'll auto-guide your beam to allows hit the shock core for you, so anytime you can honestly do it, people assume you're using that cheat.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Isn't UT Pure a community coded mod? I wouldn't be surprised if there are a decent amount of cheats for UT3, but I don't know because I got rid of the PC version and have the PS3 version now.

Plus from what I remember there were a ton of complaints on the UT forums where people listed their specs, and it should have run the game fine, but they ran into performance problems. Guess it had to do with some specific rigs and buggy coding. I also remember Gears came out for the PC at the same time and some people couldn't even get it to run. So the games were rushed for sure. At least the PS3 version is pretty solid, and in it's current state it's anything but crap.

I still play it.

I think it's a really fun FPS. The deathmatch is a lot of fun. The new expansion is great.

I've been getting into Quake Live a lot recently though and I'm preferring that game.

Yeah it's pretty good isn't it? I also like the Warfare map called Cold Harbor where you have to control nodes all the way on top of a hill, and depending on who controls it, missiles will fly in and strike the opposing teams core. Looks cool.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Isn't UT Pure a community coded mod? I wouldn't be surprised if there are a decent amount of cheats for UT3, but I don't know because I got rid of the PC version and have the PS3 version now.

Plus from what I remember there were a ton of complaints on the UT forums where people listed their specs, and it should have run the game fine, but they ran into performance problems. Guess it had to do with some specific rigs and buggy coding. I also remember Gears came out for the PC at the same time and some people couldn't even get it to run. So the games were rushed for sure. At least the PS3 version is pretty solid, and in it's current state it's anything but crap.

Yeah it's pretty good isn't it? I also like the Warfare map called Cold Harbor where you have to control nodes all the way on top of a hill, and depending on who controls it, missiles will fly in and strike the opposing teams core. Looks cool.

I just tried Cold Harbor last night. What a cool level! I'll definitely be playing a little more Warfare mode. I found that Warfare takes a lot of team work and sometimes it's a bit difficult to get everyone to work together.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I'm really happy they are releasing this for free on the psn. It's a butt load of new content. UT3 sales must have been even worse than I thought....

I would recommend picking up UT3 now(it's damn cheap) because this titan pack is really worth playing.

Khan

New Challenger
I played UT like a religion back in the day, played them all quite alot except 2003 I just didnt think much of that. UT3 has been a step in the right direction but because of the lack of support gamers decided to ditch the game due to epic shitting all over us. I still play the game its one of the few FPS games that actually require skill, and its gone back to the fast pace of the original UT plus I like the warfare mode.

But epic messed up by not listening to the community and going console....not that I blame them as you go were theres more money in the end.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
I played UT like a religion back in the day, played them all quite alot except 2003 I just didnt think much of that. UT3 has been a step in the right direction but because of the lack of support gamers decided to ditch the game due to epic shitting all over us. I still play the game its one of the few FPS games that actually require skill, and its gone back to the fast pace of the original UT plus I like the warfare mode.

But epic messed up by not listening to the community and going console....not that I blame them as you go were theres more money in the end.

I think one of the reason people were pissed off at the PC version is that it lacked customized graphics settings. I remember disliking the blurry effect and wanting to turn off anti-aliasing. To do that, you had to edit the .ini files, which was not as user friendly as if they were menu options. The other UT's (except for 04) were ported, but the PC versions before weren't stripped down.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
I'm really happy they are releasing this for free on the psn. It's a butt load of new content. UT3 sales must have been even worse than I thought....

I would recommend picking up UT3 now(it's damn cheap) because this titan pack is really worth playing.

I've owned since XMAS 2007 but yea, you can get it for $15-$20 @ places like Walmart or Best Buy

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Hmm, I might pick up the PS3 version now. I doubt my current PC could run it any better.