WTB: CMVS with HDMI Output

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hello All,

Long time enjoyer of Neo Geo, and looking to start a small collection again, sold all my systems and games many years ago.

I am looking to purchase a CMVS with HDMI output, UniBIOS, and US power supply/plug.

Is Jeff Kurtz still around? I had a system from him years ago that was great quality.

I am located in MN and can pay via Paypal or other method.

Thanks,
Jason

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
You're better off getting a CMVS that has an analog RGB output, then get an external Retrotink 2X SCART or 5X device.

It is generally too expensive to put a dedicated HDMI converter in a CMVS, not when such a converter is typically sold as an external device. You're likely to be disappointed by the video quality of internal HDMI mods on typical CMVS systems you may see, due to costs and the fact most HDMI converters not Retrotink are terrible.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Hello All,

Long time enjoyer of Neo Geo, and looking to start a small collection again, sold all my systems and games many years ago.

I am looking to purchase a CMVS with HDMI output, UniBIOS, and US power supply/plug.

Is Jeff Kurtz still around? I had a system from him years ago that was great quality.

I am located in MN and can pay via Paypal or other method.

Thanks,
Jason

@mods somebody needs their custom rank updated :keke:

@op: what HeavyMachine said. It’s the way to go.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The HDMI boards are currently out of stock.

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Does anyone know? Will the Hyperkin Neo Geo AES/CD DIN to HDMI cable work on a CMVS? Has anyone tried it? Thanks!

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get yourself a retrotink of some sort. 2x, 5x, 4k, etc.

Then get yourself some HDRetrovision RGB cables, (the ones for the Genesis work) and a NeoGeo adapter for said cable. Plug them in, done.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Does anyone know? Will the Hyperkin Neo Geo AES/CD DIN to HDMI cable work on a CMVS? Has anyone tried it? Thanks!
If it's anything like the other all in one HDMI cable/convertors it's probably pretty mediocre to terrible. I have used several on other retro systems and never been happy with them. Like everyone else said get some RGB or component cables and a converter/upscaler. It might be more expensive than some shoddy $20 cable but the results are worth it and you can use the convertor on other retro systems.

It's not 2005 anymore, there's no need to mod systems and use janky half assed cables anymore.

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
OK, sounds like a great idea. I found the retrotink 2x on the retrotink website, but can't find HDRetrovision RGB Genesis cables or anything about a NeoGeo adapter for that cable. Do you have some links I can use, or anyone selling a set of these cables? I want to purchase the correct things, but some of this stuff is not obvious to me or my google searches. I found HDRetrovision Component Genesis cables, but not RGB. Thanks for your help!

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You know, I watched a video and think I figured it all out. geez, confusing for someone who hasn't looked for these kind of cables before. I'm used to just buying a modded system in the old days :-)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, sounds like a great idea. I found the retrotink 2x on the retrotink website, but can't find HDRetrovision RGB Genesis cables or anything about a NeoGeo adapter for that cable. Do you have some links I can use, or anyone selling a set of these cables? I want to purchase the correct things, but some of this stuff is not obvious to me or my google searches. I found HDRetrovision Component Genesis cables, but not RGB. Thanks for your help!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If you care about quality, an HDMI mod should be pure digital (not analog conversion like most of the HDMI AESes on ebay). An external upscaler should be 1080p output. The Retrotink 2X is a decent product, but it's a half-assed measure with middling results compared to a full upscaler like the Retrotink 5X.