Working Designs Fans, check this out

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
im a very big working designs fanboy. how is growlanser anyway? quality rpg or what?

they have lost a lot of their magic though. they were fucking amazing during the lunar/dragon force days. seems like a lot of the stuff they bring over now isnt so great. arc the lad was so dated by the time it finally arrived. lunar repackages were cool.

nobody will ever beat their packaging though. at least stateside,

slerch666

updyke,
If Growlanser wasn't a quality RPG, do you think WD would have it?

Also, check out that release date, then add 6-8 months to get the REAL release date. :D

I'll be first on the list for this at my local EB...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
theyve brought over quite a few generic, boring rpgs in the past, which is why i asked.

FatGuy said:
Heihachi-san
Eric Draven

tisk al-la tisk

PS. I agree with feelgood that WD games can be hit or miss. They have had their hayday and the packaging rocks but there is only so far aesthetics can take you.

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Here's how I see it.

A few years ago, in the early PS years...

If anything RPG or anime related came to the states it was pretty special.

But now that anime is pretty mainstreem, and they are brining out a lot of the Japanese RPGs, it's not so special anymore.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
WD Golden Era:

- Turbografx (Exile 1 & 2, Cosmic Fantasy 2)
- Sega CD (Lunar Silverstar, Lunar 2, Popful Mail)
- Sega Saturn (Dragon Force)

......that's it

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Alundra was pretty damn cool. Never played 2, heard it sucked.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Working Designs is the NGF of videogames. They take other people's games, slap their name on it, and then that little punk victor ireland goes on usenet and acts like he's God for doing so.

I like the lunar games, but if I could play them in english without supporting that company I would in a heartbeat.

Matt

slerch666

updyke,
I've yet to play a WD released RPG I didn't enjoy. I have the Arc collection, but never started 3. I was Arc'ed out by that point.

MKR on the Saturn was a bit lacking, but whatever, it came out what, 5 yrs late? :loco:

Elemental Gearbolt kicked ass, big time, with the Guncon. Silhouette Mirage was fun as hell. Thunderforce was a good one as well.

Dragon Force was THE best WD game, but it would have been great no matter who released it, so long as they didn't fuck the story over and the gameplay.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Force said:
They take other people's games, slap their name on it, and then that little punk victor ireland goes on usenet and acts like he's God for doing so.

umm he almost deserves to. they have been releasing "untouchable, unprofitable" games for years, long before it became cool to release games like dragon force or lunar or popful mail.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
slerch666 said:
MKR on the Saturn was a bit lacking, but whatever, it came out what, 5 yrs late? :loco:
Yeah, I had my copy pre-ordered 3 YEARS before it came out. No joke.

From what I understand of it, when they bought the licence the origanal japanese company had lost all of the game's code due to a harddrive crash. All the graphics and FMV's were there but they had to rebuild the game engine code from scratch.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
working designs is a good company. so what they released games here in the states, that before there was an ebay we would have never heard of. so what they took silouette mirage and made it harder. so what they completely changed popful mail and made it better. there may not be as many cut scenes but i think it is funner.

anyway, somebody's gotta do it. just so happens it's working designs. and as for victor ireland. he has been involved in so many games it's insane. pretty much every turbo game that is good he was involved in.

i guess what i'm trying to say is if you don't like it don't buy it. be thankful that there is a company that is willing to release these games for us.