Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macaw

n00b
Blame the mame team. here is the email I got from a few WEEKS ago when I tried to send them the rom. I was being honest in saying I was planning on inserting some markers in the null space of the rom to make sure it would not be credited to someone else. Nothing that would show up in the actual game. Their loss.

WTF dude! What on earth is wrong with you to make you think you should be able to put your little hack in the rom to make sure you get credit when ALL the other prototypes/unreleased games in MAME have no such stupidity (Brain, Mad Motor, Riot, Command War, Recalhorn, Asylum, the list goes on...)

Seriously just think about it for a second and try to figure out how its possible for people NOT to think your a complete idiot.

Anyway, The MAME team states right there in that email that you can just release the rom yourselves with your hack and it will likely be put into other emu's. What is stopping you from doing this in order to gain the recognition of truly having the game and being the first to distribute it, considering there is zero chance now of the MAME team accepting your hack, therefore leaving the door open for someone else to provide a dump of the game and therefore steal all your attention?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Daaaaaamn!

Yeah, Chris, why not?

Liar.

WTF dude! What on earth is wrong with you to make you think you should be able to put your little hack in the rom to make sure you get credit when ALL the other prototypes/unreleased games in MAME have no such stupidity (Brain, Mad Motor, Riot, Command War, Recalhorn, Asylum, the list goes on...)

Seriously just think about it for a second and try to figure out how its possible for people NOT to think your a complete idiot.

Anyway, The MAME team states right there in that email that you can just release the rom yourselves with your hack and it will likely be put into other emu's. What is stopping you from doing this in order to gain the recognition of truly having the game and being the first to distribute it, considering there is zero chance now of the MAME team accepting your hack, therefore leaving the door open for someone else to provide a dump of the game and therefore steal all your attention?

Nothing like some good old fashioned NGF drama to bring a guy out of retirement. I'm only a few pages in to this thread and on the edge of my seat with anticipation for the news. But I swear... So help me god if I get to the end of this nonsense and there's no resolution/reveal. :very_ang:

Hey... there's a bunch of new smileys to choose from since the last time I posted!

:snack:

Criterionradiohead ;-)

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member

Hell of a 1st post, +1.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Lol @ freaking teh romzzzz. Lmao!

People don't even want freaked shit for free!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Blame the mame team. here is the email I got from a few WEEKS ago when I tried to send them the rom. I was being honest in saying I was planning on inserting some markers in the null space of the rom to make sure it would not be credited to someone else. Nothing that would show up in the actual game. Their loss.

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:10 PM
To: cray@♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Subject: The Last Odyssey

Hello,

BrianT of the Dumping Union here...

We have had an email forwarded to us regarding the NeoGeo proto Last Odyssey.

We, the Dumping Union and MAMEdev would be interested in 100% original non modified dump of the cart. If you can supply a clean 100% original dump of the cart please do so.

Neither group is interested in a hacked version that would contain “NGF” inserted anywhere as mentioned in the email. If this is your wish just release the rom set to the public and it will be included in other emulators. The dump might eventually end up in MAME but it’d be listed as a hack and not a true proto. Both groups are interested in preserving the actual arcade game as it was produced or sold. The Dumping Union and MAMEdev is not interested in drama from a release where a small group can say “We have the real data and you have our hacked up roms.” There was some controversy about the KOF99 proto when it was dumped and release with hacked credit initials. Now no one is 100% sure that that set is unmodified. This is not something we want to relive.

I can tell you though, that MAMEdev does indeed credit the dumper. If you were to supply a non modified rom set to MAMEdev (through me or otherwise) we would credit any name you wish. This is the standard practice. We have had thousands of games released and added all unmodified and each credited to the dumper.

So I would respectfully request you send a “clean” dump of the proto, if you so desire, so it can be preserved for the future and enjoyed by everyone.

Thank you for your time,

Brian

I will byte on this... Chris if you pass your modified dump to me I will see its added to kawaks, an updated version of the emulator released and have the game name in the game list 'Last Odyssey (modified prototype, by NGF)".

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I will byte on this... Chris if you pass your modified dump to me I will see its added to kawaks, an updated version of the emulator released and have the game name in the game list 'Last Odyssey (modified prototype, by NGF)".

Annnndddd it is ON!

I bet on the "kawaks is not prestigious enough for this rom" excuse

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
he never had the rom in thje first place. if he did he would just release it. ngf are all about ego trips. he claims this and that and retarded websites like assembler games believes this asshat

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Mike if you really did find a stock of KOF 2000 US carts I want one! lol

Yeah I'd actually throw down money for a Legit SNK untouched by NGF cart of Kof 2k. It's the only JP KoF cart in my collection.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Humm... maybe the kof2k carts sent back to ngf will benefit from also another kind of "seal"? (rom tampering?)

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Chris, sending your "modified ROM" is just a direct insult to the MAME Team, Dumping Union and Community testers. Once again NGF only cares about its false ego. Just fucking pathetic man.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
MAME team would give him credit without the freakedness on the rom, but they can't handle that. It's so silly. It's also a slap in the face to all NG lovers that they have to stare at some hacked in logo that has no place in the game. You did nothing to make the game. Credits are for developers, not for the ass-hole who dumped it into MAME. Imagine every fucking rom having some hacked in logos and credits to make sure the dumper, who did nothing but an illegal act, got credit. Give me a fucking break.

Post the freaked rom here, there is no loss. You'll finally prove you did have the rom, or at some point the game. Post it and I'll help fund TonK's plane ticket to your house so you can slap him

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

That solves that problem, awaiting the rom dump . . .

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
And with that, another turn.

But, there will be an excuse.

I'm sure that's what's gonna happen.

Most MAME/KAWAKs/NeoRageX/et al people won't give a fuck who released the ROM, though...that is, if there is a ROM...

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
Does anyone have contact with the folks at MAME that can clarify whether or not this is actually the situation?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
R
Does anyone have contact with the folks at MAME that can clarify whether or not this is actually the situation?

I sent an email to the Guru last night.

Hopefully he gets back to me.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
It's a key! A key to a file cabinet, owned by SNK, containing pictures, sent by Chris and Dion, of upper level SNK managers with farm animals, and demands to be the sole distributors of the US version of KOF 2000!

Damn I'm good

haha that was kind of funny.

my guess is you bought the ashes from one of the old tyme cremated SNK employees.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I figured out what the secret was the other day. Though I'll be a good chap and not pop the cherry before TonK is ready. ^_^

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Well, with the rise of Freaked Roms, I think I've finally seen everything the Neo scene has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.