Which is better FIGHT CLUB "Book or Movie?"

Which is better FIGHT CLUB "Book or Movie?"

• Fight Club (MOVIE)

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Fight Club (BOOK)

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wondering which of you guys preferred which version over what. I love the film... but the book was light years better in elborating the lot of it, plus some noticable differences.

Which would you prefer?

Mercenary X99

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I like them both almost equally, but the ending of the film far surpasses the book.

I especially like the introduction of Tyler in the book.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
I like them both almost equally, but the ending of the film far surpasses the book.

I especially like the introduction of Tyler in the book.

right on my train of thought

I thought it was a cooler that they took on the credit card companies instead of the museums as they did in the movie.

I can't vote, they are both good for equally good reasons

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Man, I really can't vote on this. I don't think either one is better than the other really, just different. I liked how in the book the main character gets totally fucked up when he picks all those fights though. The way he wrote that scene was just really cool for some reason.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but I have to admit I probably would have had a hard time following the book had I not seen the movie first. It was very different than most things I had ever read.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
the roker said:
"IF IDIOTS COULD FLY THIS WOULD BE A FREAKING AIRPORT...."

wow, I don't like fight club, so I'm an idiot? the movie was a pretentious POS, and I'm sure the book was the same, since it was based off it. OMG let's TeH fight, it's cooll!!!!!!!11

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
DashK said:
wow, I don't like fight club, so I'm an idiot? the movie was a pretentious POS, and I'm sure the book was the same, since it was based off it. OMG let's TeH fight, it's cooll!!!!!!!11

hey hey

Frankie says relax

I think it's the guidebook to every disillusioned American male in his late 20s, that and Office Space.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
DashK said:

but volcano high+xbox=quality, huh?

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
The best thing about the film was how that their world ending plan would have little to no effect on anything.

Made me laugh.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
This is my favorite movie ever. I've been search for th original hardcover that came out in 96' but I've been told it's been phased out my the paperback so I'm going to have to get it used somehow. The book has alot of stuff the movie doesn't. Personally if I were you I'd get the collectors edition dvd.
:buttrock:

DashK said:

Have you even seen the movie? Because if you did you'd know that it has very little to do with fighting at all. If you look at the title of the thread it asks which is better not whether you think it sucks or not. So do everyone a favor and STFU.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
the one i dont have to read...
so ...movie i guess....

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
FormlessOne said:
This is my favorite movie ever. I've been search for th original hardcover that came out in 96' but I've been told it's been phased out my the paperback so I'm going to have to get it used somehow. The book has alot of stuff the movie doesn't. Personally if I were you I'd get the collectors edition dvd.
:buttrock:

Have you even seen the movie? Because if you did you'd know that it has very little to do with fighting at all. If you look at the title of the thread it asks which is better not whether you think it sucks or not. So do everyone a favor and STFU.

yeah i saw the movie, brad pitt was horrible in it. and the movie contradicted itself so many times, it was nothing more than an extended music video.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
DashK said:
yeah i saw the movie, brad pitt was horrible in it. and the movie contradicted itself so many times, it was nothing more than an extended music video.

What parts did it contradict itself in?

Kusanagi2004

NEST Puppet
Haven't read the book, but I've heard it's a great piece of work. The movie, however, is an excellent film. Most of the people who knock it either didn't ever take the time to watch it, or decided to hate it because they weren't paying enough attention to actually realize what had been going on the entire time. The movie had so many references to things that certain people really go through that the people who saw them were able to identify with it. I know a guy who needs fight club. He goes to work at Kinko's and is supposed to work an 8 hour shift. They keep him there 3-5 hours longer than he's supposed to work everyday. He's allowed a lunch break, but can't leave the building. He comes home late everyday, order's Mazzio's pizza, and then goes to sleep. On his day's off he's in a coma. The guy's as skinny and unhealthy as a rail. I call this the rinse and repeat person. Nothing changes, and nothing will until acted upon by something else. I think he needs to get togther with some people and beat the hell out of each other. Maybe it'd knock some sense into the guy.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Kusanagi2004 said:
Haven't read the book, but I've heard it's a great piece of work. The movie, however, is an excellent film. Most of the people who knock it either didn't ever take the time to watch it, or decided to hate it because they weren't paying enough attention to actually realize what had been going on the entire time. The movie had so many references to things that certain people really go through that the people who saw them were able to identify with it. I know a guy who needs fight club. He goes to work at Kinko's and is supposed to work an 8 hour shift. They keep him there 3-5 hours longer than he's supposed to work everyday. He's allowed a lunch break, but can't leave the building. He comes home late everyday, order's Mazzio's pizza, and then goes to sleep. On his day's off he's in a coma. The guy's as skinny and unhealthy as a rail. I call this the rinse and repeat person. Nothing changes, and nothing will until acted upon by something else. I think he needs to get togther with some people and beat the hell out of each other. Maybe it'd knock some sense into the guy.

No offense, but I think he should just find a new job.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kusanagi2004 said:

Is this person you?

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I read fight club immediately after I saw the movie. It is such an amazing work of fiction. While we're on the subject, has anyone read any of palaniuk's other books? I'm curious to see what else he's done.

Matt

wolvie

Hello, My Name Is Aaron Lewis, I'm A Scammer!
hahaa you wanna know a nutt case,
palahniuk is a genuis, ive even got a lye kiss,
i have all his novels, 1st edition to the mass market paperback.
shit i even have the playboys that his stuff was printed in.
i have a ARC copy of fight club signed!
jesus christ dont get me started on this stuff.
the movie was great but in the book, there was no im jacks so and so, its all joes and barbras and shit, gotta love national geographic. any one wanna see pics of my books le me know.
ive got a sting mask that i got at a reading he did in origan
. i have the uk first editions too, i have about 57 copies of his books, i cant wait to recieve his dvd. its gunna be the shizzie fo nizzie. the head bone is coneccted to the neck bone.

shit i need my meds.:buttrock:

wolvie

Hello, My Name Is Aaron Lewis, I'm A Scammer!
lilluby, surviovor, diary, invisible monsters,

amen to chuck,
read them all.
read them now.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
wolvie said:
hahaa you wanna know a nutt case,
palahniuk is a genuis, ive even got a lye kiss,
i have all his novels, 1st edition to the mass market paperback.
shit i even have the playboys that his stuff was printed in.
i have a ARC copy of fight club signed!
jesus christ dont get me started on this stuff.
the movie was great but in the book, there was no im jacks so and so, its all joes and barbras and shit, gotta love national geographic. any one wanna see pics of my books le me know.
ive got a sting mask that i got at a reading he did in origan
. i have the uk first editions too, i have about 57 copies of his books, i cant wait to recieve his dvd. its gunna be the shizzie fo nizzie. the head bone is coneccted to the neck bone.

shit i need my meds.:buttrock:

Let's see them