What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Played Strikers for a few hours last night and got reasonably drunk. Needly to say i was f***en useless at Neo Driftout after that.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
I'm ashamed to say I haven't even put it in my cab since I bought it and played through it about a year and a half ago (bought mine from Tomcat, too). I love the concept and art design; I just wish it was a little more polished and the gameplay was deeper.

I hear what your saying but it's still worth a play through if u can get it for the right price.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Tonight I've just played through 8Man on Free Play

BD38C85C-4221-4FA1-9A8C-F3D7FF9691A6-9833-000004BA5E20F105_zps31cb05c2.jpg

The Cyber blokes hands trying to get me shit me up :-)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Definitely an awesome game. Top 3 shooter on the Neo for sure.

Yeah, it's hard to pick a number 1. Strikers, Blazing Star, and Viewpoint are all awesome for so many different reasons.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Had a fighting game night last night with Breakers Revenge, Waku Waku 7, KoF 98, and KoF 2000 in the cab. It was a lot of fun. Surprisingly to me at least, everybody (mostly fighting game novices) liked the KoF games the best. But we did get to play each game for a while.

NEO-GEO man

There is never enough time in our sessions here for getting into new ground on fighters, so we generally stick with FF Special and KOF 94-96...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
We had a good few hours to play, but KoFs dominated most of that time. We only got to play about 15 matches on Waku Waku 7 and maybe 8 matches on Breakers Revenge. I love Breakers and find it super accessible and fairly well balanced. I couldn't believe that the other people didn't really care for it.

Next time people come over I'll probably throw SamSho II, FFS, and RBFF2 into the mix.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Breakers[Revenge] RULES.

Capcom gets out cap-comed on the neo. Love the speed, combos, music...from games of its' era, I prefer the Visco offering.

Only real complaint I have against it, is against Revenge. Missed an opportunity, w/ such a bare-bones update.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I have never played Breakers yet.

Shame on you. Find one and play it immediately.

Only real complaint I have against it, is against Revenge. Missed an opportunity, w/ such a bare-bones update.

I agree. There's not much difference between the two and I'm not sure why they even bothered with the sequel to be quite honest. Also, it's such a blatant rip off of SF2 that I'm have no idea how they got away with it. I'm glad they did though because they're great games. Like you said, fast paced and tons of fun.

NEO-GEO man

Righto, ill track it down ASAP. Which is better or are they both good?

Not that ive played Puzzle De Pon! either, but there was a "revision" of it and apparently its not much change. Only two chips are different in there too.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Shame on you. Find one and play it immediately.

I agree. There's not much difference between the two and I'm not sure why they even bothered with the sequel to be quite honest. Also, it's such a blatant rip off of SF2 that I'm have no idea how they got away with it. I'm glad they did though because they're great games. Like you said, fast paced and tons of fun.

Consider Capcom tried to sue Data East over Fighter's History, they were probably watching over FHD instead.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

They are both good; you can't go wrong with either one. That being said, if you can get Revenge, that's the one I would go with. The differences are subtle but they do make the sequel just slightly better IMO.

Things they changed:

-New character "Saizo"
-Intro changed to accommodate the new character
-A lot of the presentation was enhanced such as the fighter select screen with improved artwork for the characters

It's not much and the gameplay remains exactly the same. If you already own Breakers there is definitely no need to pick up the sequel but if you have neither, I think Revenge is the better pick. Hope that helps.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

Not that ive played Puzzle De Pon! either, but there was a "revision" of it and apparently its not much change. Only two chips are different in there too.

To echo pipes, I've got Breakers Revenge and I am very happy with it. I'd also pick that one up over the first Breakers game, if you can.

I have both Puzzle de Pon! games, as well. They are virtually the same game (same gameplay), but Puzzle de Pon! R has new/different stages. They're both fun games, but if you only want one, Puzzle de Pon! is a lot cheaper and easier to find than the sequel - and it'll provide you pretty much the same experience.

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
I just ran through KOTM2, what a terrible game. Seriously that game is designed to steal from people, not even a game the entire thing is a trap.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just ran through KOTM2, what a terrible game. Seriously that game is designed to steal from people, not even a game the entire thing is a trap.

Strange, a buddy of mine and I went through the game on about 2 bucks each. I really like the game, the first one is horrid.

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
Strange, a buddy of mine and I went through the game on about 2 bucks each. I really like the game, the first one is horrid.

You know, I didn't take into the account of two player and didn't use my charging moves yet. I just hammered through it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Just be careful not to pick up a power down in the later levels and you'll be fine.

NEO-GEO man

About to start a session... As we do, starting on NAM 1975...

Probably move onto the verts after that for abit, since i have recently aquired Aero fighters 2 and 3.

Hard to say where to go after that, got so many to pick from!!

NEO-GEO man

Ended up on Strikers after AF 2 and 3, then some Pop N Bounce, Burning Fight, Baseball Stars, Soccer Brawl, and finished up with some KOF 2003 and then 2000.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Just got a boot of Nightmare in the Dark don't judge me it at least runs sweet.