What do Conversionists do with SAC'D parts

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
always wonder about this...

what sprung this question was from fakk2 alluding he provided working Fatal Fury 3 cart for the NG.DEV.TEAM to SAC to make a conversion for.

what do members do with the PCB innards? are they working Fatal Fury 3 carts to begin with?

Seems like a waste to throw away what might be a properly functioning Fatal Fury 3 before getting sacrificed, its a shame they be thrown away without getting restored somehow someday, especially when they were properly working once upon a time.

say members, maybe you all can donate/sell me your working Fatal Fury 3 AES PCBs (for a much much fraction of the cost of course) when you guys decide to SAC one of these. i for one, would like to restore them back as a working cart one day maybe.

hhhmmmm..... indeed :emb:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
evasyar said:
always wonder about this...

what sprung this question was from fakk2 alluding he provided working Fatal Fury 3 cart for the NG.DEV.TEAM to SAC to make a conversion for.

what do members do with the PCB innards? are they working Fatal Fury 3 carts to begin with?

Seems like a waste to throw away what might be a properly functioning Fatal Fury 3 before getting sacrificed, its a shame they be thrown away without getting restored somehow someday, especially when they were properly working once upon a time.

say members, maybe you all can donate/sell me your working Fatal Fury 3 AES PCBs (for a much much fraction of the cost of course) when you guys decide to SAC one of these. i for one, would like to restore them back as a working cart one day maybe.

hhhmmmm..... indeed :emb:

Keep in mind that normally the PCB boards are being used for the conversion, with the chips being replaced from the MVS cart (if we are talking about MVS to AES conversions). So normally the only thing "left over" are the AES chips from the original cart. I have heard of people swapping those chips back onto the MVS boards so in effect you still have a working cart.

I believe !Arcade! was the only other to produce their own boards for use with their conversions.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
actually I sent them the cart shell from a NOS Nam game and only sent them the Snaplock case from a Fatal Fury 3 cart that I have lined up for a future conversion. The Fatal Fury 3 will then one day become an MVS cart as I do backwards conversions from my sacced carts. When the game LH arrived I put the snaplock case back on the FF3 game and used a new Snaplock AES case from a different game. FF3 hasnt been touched yet.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
The resourceful young muffin named Superfamifreak cunningly makes frankencarts from the spare aes boards.

Fakk2

soulthug said:
The resourceful young muffin named Superfamifreak cunningly makes frankencarts from the spare aes boards.

Actually I personally met 4 people here in California that do Conversions, so as it turns out, many people everywhere do Conversions as they are a fun hobby to do and it does kill off some time. :) And while your at it you get to make Fatal Fury 3, Sengoku 3, Metal Slug 4, Samurai 3, Samurai 2, Super Sidekicks 2, and King of Fighters 96 more collectable games, lol.

SSS

neo retired
Fakk2 said:
Actually I personally met 4 people here in California that do Conversions, so as it turns out, many people everywhere do Conversions as they are a fun hobby to do and it does kill off some time. :) And while your at it you get to make Fatal Fury 3, Sengoku 3, Metal Slug 4, Samurai 3, Samurai 2, Super Sidekicks 2, and King of Fighters 96 more collectable games, lol.

I'll keep that in mind next time we have a neo gathering in the NJ/MD area. Instead of playing Last Blade and KOF, we can all bring somewhat common neo home cart games and rip them open and desolder for shits and giggles while we drink beer and order pizza.

Fakk2

SamuraiShodownSensei said:
I'll keep that in mind next time we have a neo gathering in the NJ/MD area. Instead of playing Last Blade and KOF, we can all bring somewhat common neo home cart games and rip them open and desolder for shits and giggles while we drink beer and order pizza.

Desolder some for me as I have a ton of KOF2k1 you can do. lol