what charges will officers face in the Breonna Taylor murder case?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Maybe focus on this issue rather than yelling about Trump and fascism.

Complaints about fascism are distracting people from valid complaints, which are about the police state. Got it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Everyone did focus on this issue and it seems like it's legal for me to enter your home and shoot you if I have a badge on.

They definitely have more leeway than they should. I support police reforms such as getting rid of qualified immunity, demilitarization, etc.

You were very anti-Trump in 2016, what happened to Bernie?

I'm still anti-Trump but the racism and fascism hysteria is unwarranted and a distraction. Same goes for some 87 year old corporate friendly ostensibly liberal judge keeling over. The only reason I'm voting for Biden (a proven pathological liar, war criminal, and one of the prime architects of the prison industrial complex... a friendlier brand of fascism, if you will) is he is significantly better on environmental issues. BLM, virus response and all the other noise is virtually irrelevant to me in the face of the climate change.

The other major threat no one talks about is nuclear annihilation. Despite all the anti-Russia propaganda, Biden is a marginally better choice here as well. I think Trump has better anti-war instincts but is prone to irrational acts and insists on being advised by neocon maniacs.

Bernie got cucked again in the 2020 primary and I'm fucking pissed about it. Once again, America is stuck with two terrible Presidential candidates and no viable third party option. The political system is just as rigged in favor of the rich and powerful as the criminal justice system. As long as things do not fundamentally change, the human race will remain on a path to destruction. So excuse me if I don't give much of a fuck about BLM or abortion rights.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Outright pathetic.

Idk. I like Joe Rogan, and I like Bernie. But there’s a weird intersect between the Bernie fans and the Joe Rogan fans, where we see the Bros, who come off as wannabe Chad fuck boys in search of a religion. So they lap up the RT talking points and crusade against “not left enough” democrats (aka the electable Dems) and moan about the shit that was never a bargaining point in the first place, and then they feel disenfranchised and disconnect from the society around them. That’s basically wyo.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
having a warrant doesn't absolve an officer of wrongdoing. The warrant was for the arrest of a person who was not there, based on wrong information. At the point that we realize the warrant is void, all acts by the police stemming from that warrant are also void of legality. In this case, a competent DA (not some Cameron) would charge these 3 men under manslaughter at the minimum, going as far as 2nd degree murder. Instead, they spent 6 months laying low before presenting a lot of documents that would portray Breonna Taylor as Jamarcus Glover's partner in crime. Yet the warrant still did not say that the police were there to arrest Breonna Taylor. The idea of Taylor as a criminal was a mere afterthought to protect the careers of three white murderers.

There is also the problem of the no-knock question. The officers stated they announced themselves as the police. Kenneth Walker stated that he asked who was there, and no one responded. So you have a question of proper procedure. Daniel Cameron has been trying to argue (strangely, as the prosector) that the police did announce and this was not a no-knock situation, which would absolve the police of wrongdoing. But why would Walker shoot if he knew they were the police? Why would the 911 call have Walker telling the operator that "someone kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend"?

The procedure and legality is not settled just because a guy who Mitch McConnell is very close to says so.

I'm sure it was just your average, run of the mill 12:25 AM warranted search.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ignoring the criminality of the act, what legal remedies does Taylor’s family have against the state?

It’s clear others are responsible for the culmination of this incident. I don’t think all of the actors involve can state they were operating in good faith. Or perhaps they were negligient their duties?

If the warrant was dead wrong in the first place then who is responsible for that? And what if any repercussions will there be?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I appreciate that you see the world for what it is.

But there's a point where we should expect/demand things to work as intended, rather than going "neener neener" where it often fails.

And my argument is that things ARE working as intended. So again, is the best thing to do to hold some random cop to account for a system that has been put in place for generations now? That's just throwing someone under the bus for political obfuscation of the actual problem. Does that actually help anyone or black people in particular?

To undo this system means to undo the grasp on power and policy that statists have held over this country for years. Undo the drug war. Undo overfunding our military to the point where surplus equipment trickles down to every bumfuck PD in America. Berating the borderline high school dropouts that fill the ranks (although they are certainly worthy of some scorn) does little to curtail policies of excessive traffic enforcement of urban populations (i.e. minorities) or criminalizing victimless crime.

This is not a Trump problem as I evidenced with Biden's realignment to 'law & order' messenging after the last round of Floyd protests.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ignoring the criminality of the act, what legal remedies does Taylor’s family have against the state?

It’s clear others are responsible for the culmination of this incident. I don’t think all of the actors involve can state they were operating in good faith. Or perhaps they were negligient their duties?

If the warrant was dead wrong in the first place then who is responsible for that? And what if any repercussions will there be?

The warrant was allegedly granted because Jamarcus used Breonna's address or phone number on a parking ticket that he was appealing (the mental state of a violent drug dealer can be complicated).

I would want to attack the documents that Daniel Cameron manufactured post mortem, and sue the DA office for defamation, and obstruction of justice. I would tie McConnell to it through extremely likely emails under the kingpin statute for a RICO case. Then Cameron and McConnell can spend the last 6 weeks of their lives getting buttfucked to death in a concrete cell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And my argument is that things ARE working as intended. So again, is the best thing to do to hold some random cop to account for a system that has been put in place for generations now? That's just throwing someone under the bus for political obfuscation of the actual problem. Does that actually help anyone or black people in particular?

To undo this system means to undo the grasp on power and policy that statists have held over this country for years. Undo the drug war. Undo overfunding our military to the point where surplus equipment trickles down to every bumfuck PD in America. Berating the borderline high school dropouts that fill the ranks (although they are certainly worthy of some scorn) does little to curtail policies of excessive traffic enforcement of urban populations (i.e. minorities) or criminalizing victimless crime.

This is not a Trump problem as I evidenced with Biden's realignment to 'law & order' messenging after the last round of Floyd protests.

you posted the link comparing two shooters in no-knocks, with two very different outcomes. The white guy claimed he was afraid his home was being intruded, and was protecting his pregnant girlfriend. The black guy's defense was similar. White guy went free.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Fox's Napolitano says grand jury erred in Taylor case: 'I would have indicted all three of them'

“The law that permits the police to return fire and to defend themselves does not permit them to shoot blindly, aimlessly where they can’t see the target and they don’t even know [who] or what they’re shooting at,” Napolitano told "The Briefing" host Dana Perino. “I would have indicted all three of them and let them assert their affirmative defenses at the time of trial.”

For Lithy:

“The public seems to think this was a no-knock warrant, the grand jury heard there were knocks and shouts of ‘police, police.’ The public needs to know what the grand jury heard,” Napolitano said.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fox's Napolitano says grand jury erred in Taylor case: 'I would have indicted all three of them'

“The law that permits the police to return fire and to defend themselves does not permit them to shoot blindly, aimlessly where they can’t see the target and they don’t even know [who] or what they’re shooting at,” Napolitano told "The Briefing" host Dana Perino. “I would have indicted all three of them and let them assert their affirmative defenses at the time of trial.”

For Lithy:

“The public seems to think this was a no-knock warrant, the grand jury heard there were knocks and shouts of ‘police, police.’ The public needs to know what the grand jury heard,” Napolitano said.

it's a tough sell if Ken's 911 call is entered into evidence, which it should be, but since Mitch-so-white is running this case from the shadows, may not be. The call has Ken saying they're being attacked. That's not something a person who knows he is talking to the cops will do. "I'm being shot at by police, send more!"

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
it's a tough sell if Ken's 911 call is entered into evidence, which it should be, but since Mitch-so-white is running this case from the shadows, may not be. The call has Ken saying they're being attacked. That's not something a person who knows he is talking to the cops will do. "I'm being shot at by police, send more!"

Regardless of what type of warrant was issued it doesn't matter, it's still not proper procedure.

Better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6 seems to be the new law of the land.