Video card help

ZeroMJ

Amusaka's Lacky
No lies need be told here.

I am an Everquest fiend.

Recently when the game got new patches and lots of things were changed, I was unable to play on my good computer. So I am currently playing the game on an HP Pavillion 8755C. The PC has 512 Ram, but it also has a video card (not even) called an Intel 82810E Graphics Processor. This card is built in, its crap, and its not supported by the game. This causes the advanced graphics to be terribly glitched. It also makes the terrain and just general look of the game very choppy. The problem that gets me though is that the game disconnects about every 30 minutes, or when things get to intense for the card (about everything ranging from lots of enemies to combat casting). So I am wondering what kind of GOOD video card (GeForce 3 or something) can actually go in this computer. I have heard from a few computer guys that HP screws with the inside of the case to make their PCs smaller, so there might not be room for a good video card, but I'm hoping there is. Can anyone check compatibility? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
ZeroMJ
[QB] This causes the advanced graphics to be terribly glitched.
haha, advanced graphics in everquest? wink Surely you jest. Anyway, what you need is a pci video card, as your system lacks an agp slot. Pretty much any newer pci card will blow the 740i based 810e graphics away. If you're looking for something on the cheap a geforce fx 5200 is fairly common in pci and should run eq fine.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i cant help you with the hp aspect, but i can make a suggestion.

do not get a geforce3. get a 4, and do NOT get an mx, make sure its a ti.

the reason? last time i checked prices were so close it just wouldnt make sense to get a 3. i got a chaintech gf4 ti4200 64mb tv out for $120 in march, excellent deal, and im sure its come down some. <a href="http://www.newegg.com" target="_blank">www.newegg.com</a>

is the intel integrated? if so, you'll probably have to change a jumper. i had to do that with a friend's pc once. most manufacturers let it auto select or set it in the bios, but hp didnt, dunno if they changed that.

and make sure you have an agp slot, the short green one. i know some mobo's may advertise agp graphics, but thats just the built in and theres no real slot.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
His MB lacks an agp slot, sonic. :( And last I checked there aren't many TI pci cards. :\

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
You could buy a new computer or build your own.....

Forget getting a new monitor, just buy a new box and the components. 2 gig of ram should keep you going for a while, Thta's what I plan to add to my shuttle pc (when it arrives on friday).

And the bestest video card on the market should let you play most games in full 60fps...