VIDEO ADDED! - I'm Making a JAMMA Compatible Arcade Shooter - Come Play It for Free!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
lol it looks good. Kinda looks like Cotton, but if it was a ship and all the enemies were zombie like creatures from Metal Slug 3 (plus those flying mantis')

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
This is something I would absolutely invest in. I am in the design phase as the art director for a game my friends and I want to make. This is inspiring me to get my ass in gear and start scanning my drawings. Lack of time has always been an excuse but I just need to make the time.
I can't wait to play your game dude.

Don

Camel Slug
World Premier at a brewery, that is some badass shit.

For-Neo-Geo-2.png

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If this becomes successful, can we see a Neo port of it? Sorry if someone already asked this.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey dudes, because you all have been so supportive, I'm going to be filming some off monitor footage of the first stage as sort of a exclusive thank you for the forum. It won't be a big production, but you'll definitely get to see a lot of the game in action.

I'll talk a bit about the process, hardware and our plans for the future in the vid as well.

Expect to see it posted in the next day or so. Stay tuned!!!

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
looks great ! looking forward to see the finished product :)

so, is this coded in linux/SDL or win32/DX ?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I am definitely interested to hear how the test play turns out.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Whatever you guys settle on for hardware is likely to become something other folks would be interested in developing for. It would be great if we saw a grass roots arcade development movement! :D
-ud

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey guys, as promised...here is a exclusive video for this forum. You can scour the internet, but there isn't anything near this amount of footage of the game anywhere. We really haven't tried to get the word out yet because we've been so heads down on the game.

All that I might ask from you guys is that you help us spread the word about the game on other forums/commuities and if you feel inclined, follow us Facebook or Tumblr to get the latest updates.

http://www.facebook.com/skycurser
http://tumblr.skycurser.com

WATCH IN HD!!!

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
This looks great! How about bringing it to MGC in Milwaukee in April?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
.... is it just me or does this game capture the neo "feel" tremendously better than NG: Dev titles do? I could really see buying this, for neo, or as a dedicated standalone pcb. it really looks great so far.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Does it? One thing I noticed is that the enemies in this game barely shoot anything at you. Can you think of any other neo shmups like that?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
ehh, maybe not. just feels of the era i suppose. reminds me a bit of andro dunos a small amount, other than that? no i wouldnt say its similar to any neo shooters.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
This looks great! How about bringing it to MGC in Milwaukee in April?

We are definitely going to be at Midwest Gaming Classic in April. We were just invited/sponsored at the event by a group of industry guys that I have a tremendous respect for. I'll definitely post more details on that once i can officially share!!!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This actually looks decent.

I like the "meat hell" style you've described. Point blanking with the katana seems fun.

I will say though, the voice overs are corny in a bad way, and I'm generally a fan of voice samples.

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I will say though, the voice overs are corny in a bad way, and I'm generally a fan of voice samples.

I mean if that's the feel you're going for, then go for it. But I agree. It may be a little much.

Other than that, I like the way it's shaping up. At first I kinda felt like the player sprite was a little on the big-ish side, but after watching the video a few more times, it totally fits. Kinda adds claustrophobia into the mix, which just adds to the frantic gameplay when bombarded with enemies.

I don't know much about programming, so no judgements on this next statement. Is kill count tracking the only way you'll be keeping score? Maybe adding conditional score keeping for different things would add to the replay value. Like kills with the katana or each weapon, time limits on bosses, stuff like that. Just an idea.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't ever plan on being involved in the making of a game, so I might as well give away my magical voice over suggestion.

Use a LO-FI-ish recording of a non-English speaker saying something quasi-cryptic in English .

Much creepier than Shao Khan. If you'd like to put me in the game's ending credits, feel free.

Last edited:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
I don't ever plan on being involved in the making of a game, so I might as well give away my magical voice over suggestion.

Use a LO-FI-ish recording of a non-English speaker saying something quasi-cryptic in English .

Much creepier than Shao Khan. If you'd like to put me in the game's ending credits, feel free.

Ha ha. I'll definitely keep that in mind man! I hear what your saying, but I was absolutely OBSESSED with MKII when it hit the arcade...I feel like I have to have at least a small wink to the series in SKYCURSER. Maybe we will make an option to swap out for a engrish version as well.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member