Tuff Job choice

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Well here is my daily sked as a Customer Service Rep...
7:30-5:30pm with one hour break = Answers costomer complains,e-mails,calls and sometimes even go to the "field" to sell our products(If that happens my work ends at around 7:30pm)
Its a Mon to Sat thing

Then

@8:00pm I work at our Internet Cafe up until 3am or even 4am depending on the the "flow" of customers= Provides tech support for customers THAT DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES AND SAVE THEM ON A DISK...quirks with certain games...Servers Ice Tea or Coffee...Logs in and logs off customers...
its a Mon to Sunday thing but on sundays I start out at 9am

All this for
P30,000 Philippine Pesos thats about $500.00 a month

If not for my Brother or my Bf I cant even buy anything...at the "cafe" esp when its past 3am the roads are empty and a lot of drunk guys pass by(not to mention that it seems that Im the last person to leave our shop)

Now Iv been offered jobs in the U.S and in Japan that would pay a lot more than what I make here...I dont know the work conditions in both those places I mentioned but they are all related to the Hotel Buisness...working for front desk...

Leaving the Philippines means leaving my bf and a life that iv always known...but I have to think about my future...WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE ME???

Btw, there are a lot of "illegal Job Placement Agencies" here and one nearly sent me off to Japan working as a "Guest Relations Officer" but after a very careful study and getting as much feed backs as I can get...working for that agency would make you land up as a hooker... Its a danger we filipina women face Whenever we go abroad to find work:( and going to another country means no friends and family

Thanks in advance for your advice:)
and also I would like to get to a point were I could buy my own things...

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Yeah, you'd get paid more for doing the same thing here...

but not that much more.

Plus it's probably more expensive to live here.

Unless your english is REALLY good you'll probably have a hard time getting a customer job... and probably end up working at a retail store.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Syxx573 said:
Yeah, you'd get paid more for doing the same thing here...

but not that much more.

Plus it's probably more expensive to live here.

Unless your english is REALLY good you'll probably have a hard time getting a customer job... and probably end up working at a retail store.

and how much do they pay in those retail stores...it may not be a lot higher than what I make but I dont think its a 7am to 3am thing:)

Thanks

Last edited:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Also is there a standard minimum wage law...If there is one how much would it be?:)

BIG

sony fanboy
Eliza said:
Also is there a standard minimum wage law...If there is one how much would it be?:)

There are,but they each vary from state to state.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I would'nt make the move if I were you unless given a work contract for at least 1-2 years. I don't know how old you are but just be very careful as you have alot of bastard people preying on others more than ever nowadays,meaning if you travel to another country and lose your job after a short period of time,who will help you?
-BB

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
BIG BEAR said:
I would'nt make the move if I were you unless given a work contract for at least 1-2 years. I don't know how old you are but just be very careful as you have alot of bastard people preying on others more than ever nowadays,meaning if you travel to another country and lose your job after a short period of time,who will help you?
-BB

The Agency would not give a contract and I dont even know if my stay in the U.S or Japan would be legal...I think most of you guys are aware of asians working in the states without the proper docs...

Thanks sir:)

Btw Im 23

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Eliza said:
The Agency would not give a contract and I dont even know if my stay in the U.S or Japan would be legal...I think most of you guys are aware of asians working in the states without the proper docs...

Thanks sir:)

Btw Im 23
You would be taken advantage of NO DOUBT Many of the Asians that work in the US are not OFFICIALLY under the jurisdiction of our city and state goverments. You would be brought to this country by most likely a fellow Asian who happens to be a US or JPN citizen and he would be your boss ,he will work you long hours for little pay and you will stay / live in closed quarters with at least 5-10 of your country men.You will most likely not casually mingle with American citizens,only serving them.It is my understanding that you will have to work for the boss until you've paid off all the expense to get you here plus room and board which is the catch because you would incur expenses everyday meaning it would be a very long time before you could become a free agent.
If you wish to leave your country,it be in your best interest to do it on your own terms.
-BB

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
BIG BEAR said:
You would be taken advantage of NO DOUBT Many of the Asians that work in the US are not OFFICIALLY under the jurisdiction of our city and state goverments. You would be brought to this country by most likely a fellow Asian who happens to be a US or JPN citizen and he would be your boss ,he will work you long hours for little pay and you will stay / live in closed quarters with at least 5-10 of your country men.You will most likely not casually mingle with American citizens,only serving them.It is my understanding that you will have to work for the boss until you've paid off all the expense to get you here plus room and board which is the catch because you would incur expenses everyday meaning it would be a very long time before you could become a free agent.
If you wish to leave your country,it be in your best interest to do it on your own terms.
-BB

"sigh"...I would be working as a secretary for about a year before this "BOSS" transfers me to a hotel...I was offered a place to stay in his house...with no rent fees but this is getting weird Im starting to get this feeling that your right...

drone9

Marked Wolf
all I can say is be careful!
from what you have mentioned these agencies seem a bit shady to me...
and don't fall fo the Dinkins!

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
drone9 said:
all I can say is be careful!
from what you have mentioned these agencies seem a bit shady to me...
and don't fall fo the Dinkins!

Its shady...but here everyone "seems" legit...until its really too late to find out

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Eliza said:
Its shady...but here everyone "seems" legit...until its really too late to find out
DOn't do it, I heard some bad horror stories of people who were lured by promises to work in the U.S. and the American dream, but once they get here they are stuck into jobs that pay even below minimum wage, or had their wage withheld, or their visa withheld and all kinds of hostage-ass tactics. Especially since the employers that seek the barely-working wage slaves nowadays go through several layers of bureacracy in their hiring process -- as in Company A hires Company B to hire Company C, D, E, F, G, H -- it insulates Company A from ever directly answering to legal challenges because they can hide behind the layers of bureacracy and claim that the employment agencies bungled the depiction of the work nature. NPR, NY Times recently did a series of stories on the shady practice of luring Asians and Latinos to the States then exploiting their visa status, and the recent shady employment practices of Halliburton's subsidiary KBR has also came to light in the NY Times.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
bokmeow said:
DOn't do it, I heard some bad horror stories of people who were lured by promises to work in the U.S. and the American dream, but once they get here they are stuck into jobs that pay even below minimum wage, or had their wage withheld, or their visa withheld and all kinds of hostage-ass tactics. Especially since the employers that seek the barely-working wage slaves nowadays go through several layers of bureacracy in their hiring process -- as in Company A hires Company B to hire Company C, D, E, F, G, H -- it insulates Company A from ever directly answering to legal challenges because they can hide behind the layers of bureacracy and claim that the employment agencies bungled the depiction of the work nature. NPR, NY Times recently did a series of stories on the shady practice of luring Asians and Latinos to the States then exploiting their visa status, and the recent shady employment practices of Halliburton's subsidiary KBR has also came to light in the NY Times.

If only life was better here...I will really think about it

Last edited:

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Dont trust anyone wanting to ship you off to Japan, someone will end up trying to sell you off as a japayuki. :tickled:

Which one of the billions of internet cafes do you work at? I was in a few while I was over there. The compass one in SM Manila and some other one.. I think in MegaMall. Everybody loves them some Counter-Strike over there.

My wife used to work in the Manila City Hall right across the street from the mall.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Ron McRae said:
Dont trust anyone wanting to ship you off to Japan, someone will end up trying to sell you off as a japayuki. :tickled:

Which one of the billions of internet cafes do you work at? I was in a few while I was over there. The compass one in SM Manila and some other one.. I think in MegaMall. Everybody loves them some Counter-Strike over there.

My wife used to work in the Manila City Hall right across the street from the mall.

Yup thats the term alright "Japayuki"...I work for an internet cafe called "Alexco"...its in Marikina

slerch666

updyke,
If you can get a job in the US and it will afford you enough money to have a place to live, food to eat and money to burn, I'd say go for it.

Of course, if the company was going to send you to Japan to become a prostitute, I'd be DAMN careful about someone sending you to the US as well. That's some scary, fucked up shit.

As far as leaving the BF and family, you just have to weigh the benefits with the pit falls. Is it worth moving to make more money, only to be friendless and famililess? Or do you want to be stuck working your ass off, but still have friends and family. It's all on where you put your priorities.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Marikina, is that where the Hard Rock Cafe is, or is that Makati.. or something else with an M...
I forget the names of places, usually I ask my wife "have I been to insert village name here" then she tells me the land marks I'd remember. She's asleep right now.
One thing I do remember is thats its hard walking around being a 6 foot tall young white american without every single eye on you. :annoyed:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Ron McRae said:
Marikina, is that where the Hard Rock Cafe is, or is that Makati.. or something else with an M...
I forget the names of places, usually I ask my wife "have I been to insert village name here" then she tells me the land marks I'd remember. She's asleep right now.
One thing I do remember is thats its hard walking around being a 6 foot tall young white american without every single eye on you. :annoyed:

Its Makati SiR! :)

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
slerch666 said:
If you can get a job in the US and it will afford you enough money to have a place to live, food to eat and money to burn, I'd say go for it.

Of course, if the company was going to send you to Japan to become a prostitute, I'd be DAMN careful about someone sending you to the US as well. That's some scary, fucked up shit.

As far as leaving the BF and family, you just have to weigh the benefits with the pit falls. Is it worth moving to make more money, only to be friendless and famililess? Or do you want to be stuck working your ass off, but still have friends and family. It's all on where you put your priorities.

Im thinking...thinking

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If I were you, I wouldn't do it...unless you were 100% positive of the job and life you would have.

Recently I was reading an article in National Geographic about slaves...the slaves of today. It was fucking scary to see how many people are sex slaves and debt slaves in the world. When I mean debt, I don't mean you went and got too many credit cards kinda debt. Its when they offer to take you to another country and offer you a job and when you get there they tell you that you owe them for the trip/job and they make it nearly unpayable. Then when you get it payed off, they turn around and sell you to someone else and your debt then starts over.

If I remember correctly, you posted your pic in a thread and you were quite attractive. You WILL be a target to these coyotes that pray on young women and then force them in to prositution. Pretty, young asian girl = easy pray.

There are many legit ways to come to the US. If you are really interested I would suggest to start by saving the money to be able to fly her on your own and come and visit. The key is to NOT accept offers from anyone else that you don't know because there is the chance they are going to try and fuck you over.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
broken said:
If I were you, I wouldn't do it...unless you were 100% positive of the job and life you would have.

Recently I was reading an article in National Geographic about slaves...the slaves of today. It was fucking scary to see how many people are sex slaves and debt slaves in the world. When I mean debt, I don't mean you went and got too many credit cards kinda debt. Its when they offer to take you to another country and offer you a job and when you get there they tell you that you owe them for the trip/job and they make it nearly unpayable. Then when you get it payed off, they turn around and sell you to someone else and your debt then starts over.

If I remember correctly, you posted your pic in a thread and you were quite attractive. You WILL be a target to these coyotes that pray on young women and then force them in to prositution. Pretty, young asian girl = easy pray.

There are many legit ways to come to the US. If you are really interested I would suggest to start by saving the money to be able to fly her on your own and come and visit. The key is to NOT accept offers from anyone else that you don't know because there is the chance they are going to try and fuck you over.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

Thank you for the compliment and the warning...and I also wish you all the luck life could ever give:)

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Shit, fuck all them agencies and their summer camp tactics.
Don't do it.!
The safest way is to do it, is to do it yourself.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
So far these things are more on the U.S side...How about Japan?...I know that a member here warned me...and Im very thankful:)

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Daklighterx said:
Shit, fuck all them agencies and their summer camp tactics.
Don't do it.!
The safest way is to do it, is to do it yourself.

I missed this post...Those agencies are unfortunetly all over our place...