Timeharvest cbox stuck in arcade protect.

Terrella

Bashful Neophyte
Hi guys,

Got a timeharvest cbox from AliExpress. I put it in arcade protest messing around. I cannot get it out of this mode since it will not let you in to the bios. I read that you can set dip 1 on the board but the geniuses at timeharvest removed the hard dips. Also there was mention of a test button fix for this but I cannot find that on the board (heard that might be a Jamma pin). What are my options short of shorting the battery?

Attachments

• 93C85DE6-0C38-4901-83DD-F2E0A137ADBA.jpeg
    93C85DE6-0C38-4901-83DD-F2E0A137ADBA.jpeg
    1,013 KB · Views: 4

Terrella

Bashful Neophyte
Hi guys,

Got a timeharvest cbox from AliExpress. I put it in arcade protest messing around. I cannot get it out of this mode since it will not let you in to the bios. I read that you can set dip 1 on the board but the geniuses at timeharvest removed the hard dips. Also there was mention of a test button fix for this but I cannot find that on the board (heard that might be a Jamma pin). What are my options short of shorting the battery?
Oh this is a 1B

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
All you have to do is cut a piece of wire,expose both ends.You touch one end to the ground point and the other to the point you want to activate.
So if you want to activate dip one just touch both points aligned with the number 1 and keep the wire touching those points before turning your unit on.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If you still have the edge on that unit,touch the ground point on the edge at point 1 or 2 of it and then touch the other part of the wire to point 14,if not the top,try the bottom point..just check a Jamma edge diagram..
The key is just using a piece of wire exposed on both ends and knowing which points to touch while one end stays touching the ground connection.
BB

SignOfZeta

Butthurt Enthusiast
15 Year Member
WTF is this bastard garbage?

“Time Harvest” is the perfect name. You’ll spend hours undoing their moron slob conversion.

I don’t see any good excuse whatsoever to permanently fuck with a JAMMA PCB to consolize it. Do whatever you want, just make it reversible.

Terrella

Bashful Neophyte
WTF is this bastard garbage?

“Time Harvest” is the perfect name. You’ll spend hours undoing their moron slob conversion.

I don’t see any good excuse whatsoever to permanently fuck with a JAMMA PCB to consolize it. Do whatever you want, just make it reversible.
I know it’s crap. It was cheap, you get what you pay for. Just something to familiarize my self with the board. I won’t cry if I break it.

Terrella

Bashful Neophyte
All you have to do is cut a piece of wire,expose both ends.You touch one end to the ground point and the other to the point you want to activate.
So if you want to activate dip one just touch both points aligned with the number 1 and keep the wire touching those points before turning your unit on.
BB
Thanks. Will try that. Will any ground pout do or do I need it somewhere on the board itself?

Terrella

Bashful Neophyte
I know it’s crap. It was cheap, you get what you pay for. Just something to familiarize my self with the board. I won’t cry if I break it.
Further more… it won’t even play my Neo sd flash cart. Just get the cross hatch. It play other games fine though. Not sure what it could me. Voltage perhaps?