The Official Virtual Console (VC) Thread, Updates Weekly!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
You forgot ExciteBike.

Sega just announced that VF2 (Genesis), Wonderboy in Monster Land, and Alex Kidd were coming to VC sometime soon.
Oh well, since i have a famicom i've haven't had much use for there NES stuff.

I'm still waiting for super punchout&super metroid :annoyed:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
J. Max said:
Great. Genesis VF2. :oh_no:

Who in the fu....why.......what the hell......askghekf8fiejfpjfep.

Makes. No. Goddamned. Sense. At. All.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV on SNES is the game for today.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Like you guys havent played Mario 3 and Metroid before.

Quit fucking whining.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Nesagwa said:
Like you guys havent played Mario 3 and Metroid before.

Quit fucking whining.

Seriously dude, get Nintendo's dick out of your mouth already.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I got no beef with Romance IV, but it does suck that they couldn't release a couple more this week.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
i'll download devil's crush and truxton when they come out.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Whats today's release? Nintendo's press site hasnt given any info yet... God I hope ActRaiser or Mystical Ninja is somewhere in there.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Ive been waiting, but they wont update till noon eastern time at the earliest.

Sigh.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777546p1.html

Releasing today on Wii's Shop Channel are three titles. First off is the highly-anticipated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES (600 points), followed by N64 classic Star Fox 64 (1,000 points), and Dragon's Curse for the TurboGrafx16 (600 points). Each title is worth the price for any Virtual Console guru, as they're welcomed additions to the VC library.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Can anybody recommend Dragon's curse? Is it difficult? How long does it take to play through?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Kind of a random, but related question: Do you think Wiis with a bunch of VC games on them will sell for more in a few years? I'm just wondering if people could justify charging more if they had a bunch of games on their Wii?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Why is Ninja Turtles 600 points, when the rest of the NES games are 500? They should have put Turtles in Time on it instead.

What is Dragon's Curse all about?

@Weevus: I've seen some Wiis on ebay that have sold for a bit more because they had a bunch of VC stuff on them. In a few years, I would think that if you had a serious collection of games, it would fetch a decent amount.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Aaron D said:
Why is Ninja Turtles 600 points, when the rest of the NES games are 500? They should have put Turtles in Time on it instead.

What is Dragon's Curse all about?

@Weevus: I've seen some Wiis on ebay that have sold for a bit more because they had a bunch of VC stuff on them. In a few years, I would think that if you had a serious collection of games, it would fetch a decent amount.

Yeah, what's up with original Ninja Turtles being the game you put out on VC first? It's incredibly difficult and while I guess it's fun, it's not nearly as good as some of the other Turtles games.

Anybody get Starfox 64? I'm planning on downloading that one when I get home. One of my all-time favorites.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
What's new today? I'm too lazy to go find it.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Galaga™ (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Players control their fighters, with their unique ability to combine with other fighters and shoot down the invading aliens. Aliens attack in formations using a variety of attack patterns. Rescue a captured fighter to combine with it, forming a Dual Fighter with twice the firepower. Earn Perfect Bonuses more easily by using a Dual Fighter on the Challenging Stages. Galaga was released in 1981 and became an instant classic with its innovative fighter-combination system and varied enemy attack patterns.

BRAVOMAN™ (Turbografx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): The village of Nitta has been invaded by the army of Dr. Bomb, an evil scientist who is plotting to take over the world. Facing this crisis is Bravoman, who received his powers from Alpha Man to stand up against Dr. Bomb in the name of justice. The village of Nitta consists of 22 stages - action stages that take place on the ground and shooting stages that take place underwater. Action stages use a unique control system in which the height of a jump and the distance of an attack changes depending on how long players hold down the button. Players collect the Luck Symbols that appear when they defeat enemies and give them to Lottery Man to get recovery and power-up items. Stop Dr. Bomb and bring peace to the village of Nitta and the rest of the world.

Alex Kidd™ in the Enchanted Castle (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): When King Thor was kidnapped, his son, Alex Kidd, held out hope that his father would return to their kingdom on Planet Aries. Finally, it was revealed that he was being held captive on Planet Paperock. As Alex, players race to his rescue through 11 levels, battling enemies and avoiding obstacles while winning coins that will buy special items and vehicles. At the end of each level, players encounter a boss and enter into a match of "Rock, Paper, Scissors." Throwing the right symbols puts players ever closer to bringing King Thor home; throwing the wrong symbols squashes them beneath a heavy weight.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Galaga™ (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Players control their fighters, with their unique ability to combine with other fighters and shoot down the invading aliens. Aliens attack in formations using a variety of attack patterns. Rescue a captured fighter to combine with it, forming a Dual Fighter with twice the firepower. Earn Perfect Bonuses more easily by using a Dual Fighter on the Challenging Stages. Galaga was released in 1981 and became an instant classic with its innovative fighter-combination system and varied enemy attack patterns.

BRAVOMAN™ (Turbografx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): The village of Nitta has been invaded by the army of Dr. Bomb, an evil scientist who is plotting to take over the world. Facing this crisis is Bravoman, who received his powers from Alpha Man to stand up against Dr. Bomb in the name of justice. The village of Nitta consists of 22 stages - action stages that take place on the ground and shooting stages that take place underwater. Action stages use a unique control system in which the height of a jump and the distance of an attack changes depending on how long players hold down the button. Players collect the Luck Symbols that appear when they defeat enemies and give them to Lottery Man to get recovery and power-up items. Stop Dr. Bomb and bring peace to the village of Nitta and the rest of the world.

Alex Kidd™ in the Enchanted Castle (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): When King Thor was kidnapped, his son, Alex Kidd, held out hope that his father would return to their kingdom on Planet Aries. Finally, it was revealed that he was being held captive on Planet Paperock. As Alex, players race to his rescue through 11 levels, battling enemies and avoiding obstacles while winning coins that will buy special items and vehicles. At the end of each level, players encounter a boss and enter into a match of "Rock, Paper, Scissors." Throwing the right symbols puts players ever closer to bringing King Thor home; throwing the wrong symbols squashes them beneath a heavy weight.

Probably gonna pass on those. Been enjoying Soldier Blade. I love the music! I'm just deciding what to do with my last 900 points. I hate how there's nothing to buy less than 500.:angry:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Wow, mixed bag this week.

Punch-Out!! = kick ASS.
Bonk's Revenge = pretty good.
Virtua Fighter 2 (Genesis) = OMGWTF!?!?!?!

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Wow, mixed bag this week.

Punch-Out!! = kick ASS.
Bonk's Revenge = pretty good.
Virtua Fighter 2 (Genesis) = OMGWTF!?!?!?!

thank god. i was fearing more mediocrity.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've never played the bonk games... are they any good or should I just stay away if I haven't played them by now? In other words: did they age well? They always looked pretty cool to me...