The Official Virtual Console (VC) Thread, Updates Weekly!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND TWO VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Aug. 4, 2008

The list of available games for Wii™ owners just keeps on growing as we add another trio of titles to the Wii™ Shop Channel. This week's lineup features Old West thrills, supernatural chills and a little blue hedgehog whose name you're sure to recognize. Thanks to Nintendo's WiiWare™ downloadable game service and the classic-filled Virtual Console™, building your own blockbuster video game library has never been easier.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Wild West Guns (Gameloft, 1-2 players, Rated T for Teen—Violence, 1,000 Wii Points): Draw your revolver to see if you're the fastest gun in the West. Adjust your speed and precision as targets or enemies appear in front of you. Point and shoot to earn more points. You can aim at anything, so be sure to explore the environment for elements that will earn you more shooting points. Identify your enemies among the characters you encounter, but don't shoot at innocent citizens. Take part in an Old West-style train attack, or challenge your skills in a variety of increasingly difficult shooting challenges in other beautiful, classic and lively Western environments. As you progress through challenges, you'll earn medals and rewards, making for nonstop, addictive action. Play in a two-player multiplayer mode where you and your partner can combine points, or play against each other to find out who's the fastest gun in the West.

Virtual Console

Sonic The Hedgehog™ (Sega Master System, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Based on the original Sega Genesis version, Sonic The Hedgehog was re-created as the first Sonic game for the Sega Master System. Not just a straight port, this version includes new stages, bosses, some different zones and a level map. The most noticeable difference, however, is that the Chaos Emeralds have to be found within certain stages other than the Special Stages. Dash through six Zones (including special zones that were only available for the Sega Master System version) and face Dr. Eggman (a.k.a. Dr. Robotnik) at the end of every Zone.

SPLATTERHOUSE™ 2 (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated M for Mature—Blood and Gore, Violence, 800 Wii Points): SPLATTERHOUSE 2 is the sequel to SPLATTERHOUSE, released only on the Sega Genesis. A few months after escaping from the first mansion in SPLATTERHOUSE, the main character, Rick, once again encounters the Terror Mask and must use its powers to rescue his beloved Jennifer. Rick will need to punch, slash, smash and even chainsaw his way through a haunted mansion against unspeakable horrors and terrifying bosses to make it out alive.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.
Nice that splatterhouse 2 is on the vc but still no,Ys Book 1&2 i'm starting to wounder if noa has a problem with hudson :rolleyes:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND TWO VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Aug. 11, 2008

If your idea of a superhero is someone with an invincible ego who can type e-mails while wearing boxing gloves, then the Wii™ Shop Channel has great news for you. The legendary Strong Bad (from the popular Homestar Runner Web series) makes his eagerly anticipated WiiWare™ debut this week. For even more laughs and clever gaming kicks, you'll also find a satirical space-age shooter on the Virtual Console™, along with a classic billiards game for those who prefer to keep their feet planted firmly on the ground.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner (Telltale Games, 1 player, Rated T for Teen-Crude Humor, Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, 1,000 Wii Points): Charming. Suave. Awesome. These are the words Strong Bad would use to describe himself. In a world gone mad, only one man can be trusted to save the day. A man with an attitude. A man called Strong Bad. As the star of the Homestar Runner Web cartoons, Strong Bad has been answering e-mails (in boxing gloves), pranking his friends, pummeling his enemies, and making people with questionable taste snort milk out of their noses for years now. And he's branched out to star in Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, a monthly five-episode series. In Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad's plans to beat the snot out of Homestar backfire, and he ends up with an unwanted houseguest cramping his style. Now he needs to get life back to normal by any means possible. But wait, there's more: Teen Girl Squad comics, achievements, funny costumes and arcade games. You can even send pictures and messages to Wii Friends using Strong Bad's computer. So how about it? Can you handle Strong Bad's style?

Virtual Console

Break In (TurboGrafx16, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone-Tobacco Reference, 700 Wii Points): Gather up to four players for an authentic game of pool right in your own home. Choose from six billiards games including 9-Ball, Rotation and Carom (a game played without pockets). Use Simulation mode to calculate the perfect shot, or select Action mode and check out what went wrong with your missed shots. With all that to choose from, Break In gives players-from beginners to experts-all the elements necessary to enjoy a great game of pool. But it doesn't stop there. Select Technique to practice your angles or even go for a trick shot. Get some help from the CPU and hone your skills. With Break In, you'll be a pro in no time.

Star Parodier (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 900 Wii Points): Star Parodier is the hilarious spoof of the classic Hudson shooter Star Soldier. In this parody, there are three playable ships for players to choose from: the ingratiating PAROCEASER, the hot-headed BOMBERMAN, and the ever-so-introverted PC-ENGINE. Players control one of these unique and original ships and set off to blast their way through eight stages on the planet PAROSON. The comical characters take the color and flavor of the Soldier series to the next level and are guaranteed to leave players mesmerized. In addition to the normal game mode, there are also the familiar two-minute and five-minute attack modes, making Star Parodier the complete package that is sure to have players coming back for more.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Geez...who is Nintendo fooling with the stupid Neo Geo VC releases? $9 for Neo Turf Masters? Go buy it on the compilation along side many other games for $20. Anyone would be a fool to pay that much for one title...

I am still waiting impatiently for Earthbound...

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
on the wii vc today

MEGA MAN NES 500 Wii points
Neo Turf Masters Neo Geo 900 Wii points

WiiWare

Midnight Pool 800 Wii points

lgb

n00b
Here we go, Europe...

Super Mario RPG - SNES - 900 points
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels - NES - 600 points

See? NoE doesn't hate you.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Here we go, Europe...

Super Mario RPG - SNES - 900 points
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels - NES - 600 points

See? NoE doesn't hate you.
Well they seem to suport europe better then the u.s :mad:
Mean..while noa treats there fan base here like shit for the vc release,far as how they keep it down to a trickle or some delay shesh.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Well they seem to suport europe better then the u.s :mad:
Mean..while noa treats there fan base here like shit for the vc release,far as how they keep it down to a trickle or some delay shesh.

We got Super Mario Bros. 2 (the Japanese one) here eons ago man.
I bet Super Mario RPG will arrive here too, there's just too many damn people who wanna play that game.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Super Mario RPG and Clu Clu Land.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Am I the only one who had no idea that Alien Crush Returns is being released on WiiWare? Just saw the trailer today. Hopefully it's coming to the US.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice

Sept. 8, 2008

School's back in session, but it's not the only place to get your brain buzzing. This week's additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel include a challenging new puzzle game available via WiiWare™, plus a pair of crackling Virtual Console™ actioners to keep your imagination raging between classes. Even if your school days are behind you, this latest lineup of downloadable titles will help get you fired up for fall, fueled by the one-of-a-kind fun of Nintendo's top-selling Wii™ system.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Groovin' Blocks (Empty Clip Studios, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): A music-based game like no other, Groovin' Blocks adds innovative musical game play to an addictive action/puzzle game foundation. Play to the rhythm of the music to increase your score, and try to hit "Superbeats" to double your multiplier. Go for the high score in each of the 27 stages as you collect stars to unlock 15 levels of power-ups. Groovin' Blocks features three skill levels, from the accessible Casual to the fiendish Hard mode. Play with your friends in co-op mode or against them head-to-head. Head-to-head brings it up a notch as the power-ups now become attacks on your opponent. Play head-to-head with people of all skill levels using a golf-style handicapping system.

Virtual Console

Final Solider (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Mild Fantasy Violence, 700 Wii Points): A vertically scrolling shooter from the well-known Soldier series. In the 23rd century, invaders from the future suddenly attack Earth. Controlling a fighter created by the world's scientists, you rise to meet the enemy. Collect power-up units, such as LASER, E-BEAM, FIRE and MISSILE, and then equip them in Options to launch a variety of attacks. For each of these weapons, you can freely select from three different types in SET-UP. Anticipate enemies' strikes and deftly switch between weapons to defeat the invaders. In addition to NORMAL GAME, there are also 2 MINUTE GAME and 5 MINUTE GAME score-attack modes. The most perfect blend and balance of any game in the series, Final Soldier is a title you don't want to miss.

Cho Aniki (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone and Older—Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, 900 Wii Points): The odd world in this shooter made for quite the conversation piece in its day. Players control either Idaten or Benten, celestial warriors out to bring an end to the tyrannical rule of the emperor of Planet Builder, who holds muscular prowess to be the supreme virtue of the universe. Aided by able-bodied muscle-head options Adon and Samson, they must battle to defeat the emperor's army across five stages. Use the buttons to fire away and lay into the Builder forces. Power up your character and options with protein from defeated enemies to have them "bulk up" with a yell, and take their macho battle to the next level.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
today on the Wii VC

Mega Man 2 NES Wii Points 500

WiiWare
Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free Wii Points 1000
Potpourrii Wii Points 800

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
WiiWare

Mega Man 9 (CAPCOM, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 1,000 Wii Points): Mega Man fans, the wait is over! The classic Blue Bomber that debuted in 1987 is back with the ninth installment in the classic series. It's a new adventure for Mega Man done in an 8-bit style-graphics, music and gameplay are all like you remember them.

PLÄTTCHEN twist 'n' paint (Bplus, 1-8 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): PLÄTTCHEN twist 'n' paint is a crazy, challenging puzzle shooter that delivers more than 100 hours of fun, supporting up to eight players simultaneously. Guard the birth of ZeLeLi and free them from the menace of the evil black Shadow Plättchen. Play as one of the countless FantasyMEs and fight as an astronaut, butterfly, car or football against sharks, cowboys, asteroids and skulls in numerous, fabulous fantasy Worlds. Use items and multipliers in combos to fight yourself to the top of the high scores and find the perfect way to solve a level. Go wild in three completely different game modes of PLÄTTCHEN twist 'n' paint with more than 300 levels. Twist cooperatively with your friends or compete through many multiplayer modes.

Virtual Console

Super Dodge Ball (NES, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone-Mild Cartoon Violence, 500 Wii Points): In Super Dodge Ball, you take control of the USA Dodge Ball team and travel the world in an effort to become the best dodge ballers around. Step onto playing fields in countries all over the globe and use a combination of normal and super shots to help take down your opponents. But be careful, as some destinations have surfaces that can affect your footing. Manage the team as you think best, and swap out characters with other players that better fit your playing style. Two players can enjoy a head-to-head game or play a spirited round of Bean Ball, a six-character free-for-all. Three difficulty levels are available (Easy, Medium, and Hard); which one you choose will depend on your skill and courage. Do you have what it takes to lead Team USA to the ultimate prize and win the world championship of dodge ball?

Vectorman (Sega Genesis, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone-Animated Violence, 800 Wii Points): In the year 2049, mankind is forced to abandon an over polluted Earth and seek out other planets for colonization while the mechanized Orbots stay behind to clean up the mess. When the Orbot leader, WarHead, starts blowing a few circuits and causes a war among the mechanical brethren, a sludge pilot named Vectorman is the only one willing to step up and fight him. You'll morph into a speeding train, a power drill, a mechanical fish and a mighty dune buggy in this action-packed adventure. Equip yourself with weapons, pick up morphs and power-ups to defeat WarHead, and restore peace on Earth.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Kewl that MM9 is out now though i'll pass on the vectorman.

Beside i can play that on the sega genesis collection or the sonic one.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I just heard somewhere that Earthbound is coming out for Vitual Console. I think that its only been rated by the ESRB. Still good news, though.

Jon

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I just heard somewhere that Earthbound is coming out for Vitual Console. I think that its only been rated by the ESRB. Still good news, though.

Jon

Don't hold your breath...this game has been rated for some time and still hasn't been released...

...now watch it come out tomorrow...

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Secret of Mana(YAY), SFII: Special Championship Edition(liked it better than any of the Super Nintendo ports) and World of Goo. Not a bad VC/WiiWare week.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I bought World Warrior when it first came out thinking they wouldn't release Champion, then they released Turbo, now I'm glad I didn't buy Turbo to find Champion. But now I can call my friend a chump for having to buy all three.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Turbo on SNES and "Special" Championship Edition on the Genesis are more or less the same thing. Most of the Turbo stuff is in there and you can actually play it in fast speed too.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Yeah, but Champion plays after than Turbo, my friends and I still play it on Genesis, but only at the top speed where a match can be as quick as just a few seconds. Some reason I can't play Street Fighter II any slower and keep interest.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah, but Champion plays after than Turbo, my friends and I still play it on Genesis, but only at the top speed where a match can be as quick as just a few seconds. Some reason I can't play Street Fighter II any slower and keep interest.
Yeah, I believed it was faster.