The Official N-G.com Cooking Thread?

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Yesterday when I was making lunch I decided to make a quick "cooking" video on my cell phone. It's really just me making dipping sauce for steamed dumplings, but I noticed we didn't really have a cooking thread, so I figured I'd get this party started.

I've never done anything like this before. It was just a goofy idea that popped into my head because my phone camera was handy. Maybe it'll inspire some of you guys to make impromptu cooking videos.....or not!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i like this idea. being an out of work chef i'm always cooking here at home, never thought of taping it and putting it here. though most days its the usual boring business of meat and potatoes. but ever so often i go a bit nuts and make something i want to make. maybe next time i make a big dinner or something i'll record what i can.

i know gigaton chode is another chef on these forums. i don't know if we have any more aside from us two, but i'm sure he can cook up a video of something as well. maybe since my girlfriends parents are going on holiday next week i can make something elaborate. as they're the ones who wont eat a meal if there's no potatoes involved. i'm thinking cassoulet maybe. just need some duck, sausage, and a bit of herbs for a bouquet garni. i'll see what i can do when i get the chance. nice thread though.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Awesome!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single sauce.......or something. ;)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm all for this. Quick and tasty meals.