The Official 2016 College Football Thread

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
The Big 12 is a massive joke.

Baylor vs Texas, they have already scored 4 TD's in less than 5 min.

Just kill the conference please.

Edit: FSU > Clemson

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
They already killed themselves by not expanding.

They said they didn't want to hurt the competitive balance. What a joke. Can you honestly tell me that adding teams like Houston, Boise, BYU, and Colorado State would be any worse than Iowa State or Kansas?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Big 12 is a massive joke.

Baylor vs Texas, they have already scored 4 TD's in less than 5 min.

Just kill the conference please.

Edit: FSU > Clemson

No expansion indicates that Texas and OU still run the show, so blame them for the decline of the Big 12.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some more undefeated teams went down today
Wyoming beat #13 Boise State, 30-28
#11 Wisconsin beat #7 Nebraska, 23-17 in OT
Texas beat #8 Baylor, 35-34
Oklahoma State beat #10 West Virginia, 34-20

Florida State is hanging tough with Clemson, too. We'll see how that plays out.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
war damn eagle

Hope TN can clutch again

FSU too late to clutch...

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Typical Tennessee season.

At least the Florida streak is reset.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
They already killed themselves by not expanding.

They said they didn't want to hurt the competitive balance. What a joke. Can you honestly tell me that adding teams like Houston, Boise, BYU, and Colorado State would be any worse than Iowa State or Kansas?

Has the conference definitively said no to expansion?

Its my favourite conference, but I can't argue with the sentiments in this thread.

Dalvin Cook did all he could to beat Clemson. Those penalties on the last drive were back breakers.

famicommander

15 Year Member
#2 Clemson lost to unranked Pitt
#3 Michigan lost to unranked Iowa
#4 Washington lost to #20 USC
#8 Texas A&M lost to unranked Ole Miss
#9 Auburn lost to unranked Georgia
#14 Virginia Tech lost to unranked Georgia Tech
#17 UNC lost to unranked Duke

suck it, college football playoff committee

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
bum clouds
no one wants to see OHST and Bamers

90s

Umm... I still think its going to be Alabama and OSU at the end.

BTW, ESPN is now trying to get the BiG XII champion in the playoff, what a joke.

There is only one undefeated school left, so the Big 10, ACC, and PAC12 Champ is going to have at least one loss, maybe more than one loss before everything is all done. Its a reach, but if Oklahoma, with losses to Ohio State and Clemson (was it Clemson?) wins the Big12 without a conference loss, I could see the argument for it. It could only be Oklahoma though, and even then, it would be tough.

What I took away from this weekend is that this year, there is BAMA, and then there is everyone else, pretty far behind.

EDIT: Actually if WV wins their remaining games they would be Big12 Champions with only one loss. Still, considering how fucked up the conference is, the most realistic chance a Big 12 school has to make the playoff is to go undefeated in the regular season.

Last edited:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
There is only one undefeated school left, so the Big 10, ACC, and PAC12 Champ is going to have at least one loss, maybe more than one loss before everything is all done. Its a reach, but if Oklahoma, with losses to Ohio State and Clemson (was it Clemson?) wins the Big12 without a conference loss, I could see the argument for it. It could only be Oklahoma though, and even then, it would be tough.

What I took away from this weekend is that this year, there is BAMA, and then there is everyone else, pretty far behind.

EDIT: Actually if WV wins their remaining games they would be Big12 Champions with only one loss. Still, considering how fucked up the conference is, the most realistic chance a Big 12 school has to make the playoff is to go undefeated in the regular season.

Oklahoma lost to Clemson the last 2 years in bowl games, it wasn't even close in either game.

This year they got their ass kicked by Ohio state and Houston.

90s

Oklahoma lost to Clemson the last 2 years in bowl games, it wasn't even close in either game.

This year they got their ass kicked by Ohio state and Houston.

That loss to Houston is looking real bad right now.

Oh well, its pretty much the defacto Big12 championship game this weekend Oklahoma vs. WV. :buttrock: Even with all of the ineptitude of the conference, it should still be a good game. Might as well enjoy while the conference still exists. That whole not expanding thing is still stupid; most conferences would be all for growing, but not the Big12.

90s

Please fire Charlie Strong right now

Texas celebrations after the ND win seem really hilarious now.

Lets put this in perspective. Before this win, Kansas was on a 9 game losing streak, a 19 game losing streak in the conference, and (this is the one I almost couldn't believe) had not beaten Texas since 1938.

How badly is it going for you when you lose to the most inept program in the Big12, and possibly the power 5?

The conference is a trainwreck, but damn if its not entertaining. All Texas schools in the Big12 lost this week BTW. :lolz:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Texas celebrations after the ND win seem really hilarious now.

Lets put this in perspective. Before this win, Kansas was on a 9 game losing streak, a 19 game losing streak in the conference, and (this is the one I almost couldn't believe) had not beaten Texas since 1938.

How badly is it going for you when you lose to the most inept program in the Big12, and possibly the power 5?

The conference is a trainwreck, but damn if its not entertaining. All Texas schools in the Big12 lost this week BTW. :lolz:

Makes this even funnier looking back on it too....

TexasLOL.png

I wish Strong had done better there, he seems like a really good dude.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Almost thought Charlie Strong was going to cry.
During his little press conference thing sad stuff.
He was the man at Louisville and just had to chase
those dollars in Texas

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Good bye Charlie Strong, you had your chance.

If Alabama, Clemson, Washington and Penn State all win their conference championships I say Ohio State should be left out.

my playoff prediction

1.Bama
2.Clemson
3.Washington
4.Penn State

famicommander

15 Year Member
There is a 0.00% chance they leave out the suckeyes. OSU is already locked in.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Relegate the entire SEC East.

Kentucky is probably the best team.