The "I'm sorta tired of playing SvC chaos" thread

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
as opposed to the "IM SICK OF CHAOS" thread

cause really for me, my group of fighting game fan friends, and most people at the arcade we hang out at to play it, we are just sorta...tired of it.

Having a guy decimate 20 people in a row with violent ken just soured my taste for it last night. People of all sorts of skills and all sorts of characters tried, but Violent Kens insanely damaging supers/combos made it a futile attempt.

And if it isnt VK, it's someone killing with Chun-Li or Iori. And that's really about it...no one even bothers with the other characters anymore.

And it saddens me. I had some of the funnest matches when i used my ken against dhalshim (the guy who i made it my mission to beat cause he was just really skilled), the insanely long matches i had with a guy who used tabesa, earthquake matches, etc.

I hate to say this, but there is only one other fighter that really no one plays anymore around here:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

And i think this is the new MvC2, it is just too frusterating to beat these insanely good players. Not because of THEIR skill, just because of the super powerful characters they choose.

as much as i hate (and i mean HATE) to say it, CvSNK 1 and 2 are much, much more fun to play.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
I disagree.

I think it's strange that Violent Kens dominate, I never found him to be that difficult, and i think that his DMs don't have that much more priority over many others, they're all pretty easily blockable.

I think that the game will become more interesting if you can just learn to play against him...

I still think that Kyo and Iori are very very powerful, but you can also have very dangerous Shikis or Mr. Karates.

I think they implemented most of the characters in that game rather well.

Geese and Zero are another story though...

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
V. Ken pretty much starts with a one-round advantage since he can juggle a super into an exceed (insanely easy to do!). the rest of his repertoire is nothing special I feel - maybe his teleport is a little too good.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
People always choose dominating characters such as V.ken, Terry, iori, chunli, etc.. because they are appealing to use and not to mention very effective.Not many people are willing to use balrog or the other weaker characters when playing human opponents.The game has limited choice and those dominating characters will always be used just like in any other game.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
Devil_Gans said:
The game has limited choice and those dominating characters will always be used just like in any other game.

its not like any other game. Chaos is sorta lumped in with MvC2 cause of the tiers.

In the tourneys i have played in, say the GGX2 one i was in, everyone picked different people and no one really dominated with any one character because it has some of the best balance character wise i have ever seen.

there shouldn't be "weaker" characters in Chaos. GUile should suck as much as he does, CHun-li shouldnt have so many devestating supers, etc. Its just too unbalanced

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
but thats the cool thing...if it is unblalanced, and you beat chun, iori etc with someone like balrog, youre a hero! its kinda cool, and anyways, who made the rule that fighters have to be balanced?

think of it from a different angle...

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
+++SLUG FLYER+++ said:
but thats the cool thing...if it is unblalanced, and you beat chun, iori etc with someone like balrog, youre a hero! its kinda cool, and anyways, who made the rule that fighters have to be balanced?

think of it from a different angle...

yea that is a cool angle, but that should be reserved for just dan and a few other characters.

my angle is that if only 4 or 5 characters are who everyone uses because they are so much more powerful than the others, why even include the entire roster.

and balrog was a mean motherfucker in CvSNK2, as were a majority of the characters.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Yeah, I'm starting to get bored of the game myself.. but I don't have anyone to play against. So all I have is 1P, which grows old quickly. SSV is dominating my time now, and I think it's great so far. I just wish I had some human competition.

DEXTERPAWN

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i play mvc2 i think if u can find the right openings u can gat the power houses. whos fualt is it if they keep pickin iori? if u dont like the challenge dont play.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Why do you have to worry about Ken's DM? Most of the time you just have to use your own DM and both of your characters will just fly through each other with neither taking damage.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Heck, I would just be happy to find some arcade competition. I have some friends that play with me, but they are no match. I can decimate them with Guile like its my job, and that would be insulting to hardcore fighters.

I am happy with my homecart, though, and it should stay in my possession for a while :)