Thanks for the ability to post here

Whippy

Banned
Hello all. I go by Whippy online as a reference to an ice cream truck.

I had been having issues registering, and I think it had something to do with my browser's security settings. I wanted to say thanks to Rot for the help and advice that he gave me on the issue, and after a few failed attempts I think I got it worked out.

I have an MV-1c that I got pre-built, and have already "modified" it by adding a coin cell battery backup, and in my spare time I made a few arcade sticks for it. I look forward to reading about all the great info that is consolidated here by many experts on the platform!

Again, thanks Especially to Rot of whom I wasted quite a bit of his time!

-W

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
4066539328_2574f90140.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
to Rot of whom I wasted quite a bit of his time!

I deal with part of the backend stuff.... alongside what I like to do here which is mainly chat shit all day...

Meh... enjoy the forum...

The lads already have a pool going to see how long this new crop of members last...

xROTx

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Welcome aboard, Whippy! The SNK Neo•Geo is the most hardcore video game system and this is the most hardcore place to talk about it!! :cool:

Whippy

Banned
Meh... enjoy the forum...
I knew that I needed membership here when I contacted you with the issues I was having and your response was something to the effect of "Oh, its you....Again". I was enjoying the atmosphere before I got here, and glad to be able to get involved. Don't take it the wrong way, I enjoyed out brief conversations.

24 hours if it's a C-Box... 7 hours if Filthy Rear chimes in. 3 if Madman was still here.
There is a perfectly good reason why I bought a c-box LOL. I learn from taking things apart. I have never owned an arcade board before, and the Cbox has enough faults that are already apparent enough that I am getting ideas for my future sale of it with my own customized mvs wants/needs. I have already had it totally broke down and added a battery holder back to it.

Thanks!

this is the most hardcore place to talk about it!! :cool:
I noticed that. Users here are more exuberant than most other places allow, and I find it relaxing to know that more colorful language is perfectly acceptable. Aside from a solitary capcom fighting game, the only arcade games I enjoyed was metal slug. I played the shit out of them, and can remember sinking $10+ per setting when it was new. It is one of the most perfect side scrolling games out there.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Very cool story. Do you have a Patreon?

Whippy

Banned
Very cool story. Do you have a Patreon?
No. I don't tweet, facebook, snapchat or any of the likes. However, if you message me directly I will gladly give you my address to send checks or money orders.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Welcome - enjoy posting

Have you posted pics of your setup yet?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Welcome to the friendliest of internet places where everybody is fucking perfect one 100 percent of the time!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
. I wanted to say thanks to Rot for the help and advice that he gave me on the issue, and after a few failed attempts I think I got it worked out.

You should PM Rot a dick pic to say thanks.

Whippy

Banned
Welcome - enjoy posting
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Have you posted pics of your setup yet?
I have not yet. Eventually I will get over to the collections gallery. I have nothing spectacular, just a prebuilt MVS and some diy arcade sticks connected to a Console Tube TV.

You should PM Rot a dick pic to say thanks.
Isn't that a requirement for all new members? That is what he told everyone right?

You forgot to mention he likes them oiled up to.
I use only the finest Stihl Chainsaw bar lubricant.

Welcome to the boards.
Glad to be here! Many thanks!

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you. Thus far, if the atmosphere is anything like this thread, I am going to get along quite nicely.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It's always fun to see people's custom sticks, post 'em!

Whippy

Banned
It's always fun to see people's custom sticks, post 'em!
They aren't perfect, but I am not a carpenter. Its just a pine box with 1/4" oak exterior dyed jet black and covered with way too much high gloss finish.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
that actually looks great man! Reminds me of the old MAS sticks I started out with. Very cool.

Whippy

Banned
that actually looks great man! Reminds me of the old MAS sticks I started out with. Very cool.
I appreciate the compliment. I almost built a 2 player unit, and would have but considered the weight and portability of it to be a pain in the ass. Even these little things are heavy for what they are. They are 9" x 11-1/2" x 4-1/4" tall with sidewalls that are 1" thick. They are beefy. I think a 2 player unit would have been too bulky for my tastes. These are almost cute to the point that they are very easy to use, and my kids can beat on them. I was using up some leftover lumber from other projects, and somehow I still managed to spend a few dollars because I wanted a certain look. The Happ sticks feel splendid to me, and it is what I am used to....however, they require quite a bit of depth that other brands don't need which is why they are so thick.

Last edited: