Super boot...interesting update

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
Yes it displays an osd gui to select games from, otherwise you wouldnt know which game your in.

I assume these 8 games run through an attract mode ?

The games don't run through in attract mode. When the system is powered on, it starts off with the first game on the list (Super II, I believe) and it will not cycle through to another game until the select button wired to the cart is pressed.

The soft dip settings also don't reflect the change in games unless the system is rebooted after a new game is selected.

The additional passthrough PCB must have some some other function than the OSD by working in tandem with the MVS PCB. Withouth the passthrough, if you attempt to change games while the game is in attract mode (or when playing) the whole thing just fucks up and crashes. The only way to change games without any glitches is to let the MVS cycle to a cart in another slot and hit the select button while the other slot is in use. At least, that's how it works on my 2 and 4 slot. I'd be curious to see how a AES or 1 slot user would get around this.

Gakman

n00b
And what are these games ?
They are some boots, OK, but hacked too.
What the difference between original releases and thes one ? (My interest : Metal Slug 6 Plus ???)

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Gakman said:
(My interest : Metal Slug 6 Plus ???)
Cheapo hack of Metal Slug 3.

All the others are the same; just hacks of other games in the series.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
SpamYouToDeath said:
Cheapo hack of Metal Slug 3.

All the others are the same; just hacks of other games in the series.

The "PLUS" is a hack of a hack, I think in this version you become a fatty most of the time. Thats what the plus is on the other MS hacks anyway.
I have not had the misfortune of playing it.

n00b
Azathoth said:
The only way to change games without any glitches is to let the MVS cycle to a cart in another slot and hit the select button while the other slot is in use. At least, that's how it works on my 2 and 4 slot. I'd be curious to see how a AES or 1 slot user would get around this.

I'm using a consolized MV-1A (a one-slot board) and I have no problems at all. I can hit the game select button at any point and the game switches fine; basically it does a soft reboot upon pressing the button and the next game is the one that boots up).