Street Fighter the movie

Harry_Hearttrob

Geese's Thug
Huh, remember this old crap flick? I just finished watching it on SiFi, what a waste of 2 hours :oh_no:I forgot how fucking lame it was. There were only a few cool fights sceens , like when Guile was fighting Bison near the end. Guile was pulling off some sick looking moves. Otherwise everything else was lame. They made Ken look like a total fag too :oh_no:

Atleast their are some better flicks comming on tonight like Double Impact.

Last edited:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Even though SF sucked, it didn't compare at all to Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation. I mean, I don't even like Street Fighter at all, but MK2 was just crap. Hopefully they canned both MK3, and the rumored SF2 movies.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Harry_Hearttrob said:
I thought MK was a great flick. I never seen MK2 though.

Don't its SHIT, Mortal Kombat Annihilation, more like Mortal Kombat Abomination :lol:

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
I liked both MK movies. Some parts of MK2 were crap. However, smoke and cyrax made up for it :D

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Harry_Hearttrob said:
I thought MK was a great flick. I never seen MK2 though.

Don't its SHIT, Mortal Kombat Annihilation, more like Mortal Kombat Abomination, there's even a third with that woman terminator from the T3 :lol:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
MK2 the movie was SHIT, bad story, bad director (not that paul anderson is much better), and they killed off cage in the first 2 mins and lost some of the cast from the first film (raiden). The special effects were good though.

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
SF sucks.

Ryu and Ken scamming?
Honda and Thunderhawk journalists?
The laughable Blanka as a mutation from Charlie?

WTF!!!

MK was a fine movie.Not good, but just fun.Pity they didn´t get Van Damme to play Cage, as he was clearly inspired in the Belgian actor.

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I kind of enjoyed the Street Fighter anime.

You right.That Chun-Li vs Vega combat is breathtaking!!! :buttrock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Huh, I'm the opposite. I hated the SF animated movie because it was almost good, while I enjoyed the hell out of MK2 and (what I've seen of) the live action SF movie, because they dared to be awful. I love that one sceen in MK2 where the guy is standing on a rock and punching the most poorly-integrated CG monster in the history of cinema. It made me laugh in the theater to the point where I had trouble breathing. It wasn't just the bad CG, it was the bad actor obviously punching air and seeming to feel a little self concious, as if he already knew it was going to look like shit and he was going to look foolish. The first movie was better, but I think I may have enjoyed the second one more. No Christopher Lambert helped the movie also.

Vlad

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
I am not sure about MK2.Is the one where they become big monsters at the end and fight like Godzilla and company?

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
The 2nd Mortal Kombat movie was loads better than the first, at least it had some half decent fights in it. First film was total crap.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
The SF2 anime was awsome no doubt. The first MK was great, best fight scene was Lu Kang vs. Reptile and the 2nd movie was god awful. SF the live action movie sucked and I'm thankful the aren't making a sequel.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If you thought the SF movie was bad, you should've played the game that was based on it .... oh man - that was just awful.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've seen the SF2 movie and the Street Fighter Alpha one where Ryu has a brother. Alpha was crap, but SF2 was decent. I didn't really like the music in it though.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Who here other than me LOVED the Mortal Kombat television show about Lui Kangs father?

aria

Former Moderator
Meh, none of you understand the brilliance of Van Damme,

or the tragedy of Raul Julia's final film.

For SHAME!!!

:very_ang: :very_ang: :very_ang:

[this is like the 3rd time this movie has come up in the past month... uh, oh (bad joke alert!): Street Fighter Movie 3rd Strike!]

Shingo Hibiki

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Nesagwa said:
Who here other than me LOVED the Mortal Kombat television show about Lui Kangs father?

Wasn't it about Kung Lao? I just remember that he only wore his normal get up in the first episode and that was it.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hey, movies based on videogames cannot go wrong!!! I mean, Steet Fighter, Double Dragon, Super Mario with Bob Hoskins!!! THESE MOVIES ROCK!!!

...err..

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
My take on the whole thing.

Reason why the second MK movie sucked was, it didn't follow threw with it's tournament based storyline like it's predecessor. That's what made the original movie so good. It followed the first game's storyline very closely.

MK is afterall a tournament based on the worlds greatest fighters. Just like Van Damme's, "Bloodsport."

Speaking of which, Street Fighter the movie was a disaster from start to finish(even if I did enjoy the Universal Pictures Globe morphing into the Street Fighter the Movie Symbol at the beginning of the movie). It just didn't follow the storyline to the game.

Characters began morphing into their SF incarnations at the end of the movie. Totally lame. :angry: Balrog, the camera man all of a sudden busts out the Boxer shorts and gloves and starts wailing on Shadaloo cronies. Ken & Ryu weren't even the Shoto's we know and love. I would have settled for Akuma(Ernie Reyes Senior) from the SF Movie GAME and at least have a decent fight with Ryu and Ken instead of having them fight Vega and Sagat(Wes Studi... what have they done to you???)

I could have even written a better storyline for the movie. SF the movie was utterly disappointing. I don't associate that film with them game whatsoever. That movie was as bad as is the soundtrack. Ice Cube's, "Let's get ready to Rumble." :oh_no: Leaves a nasty taste in my mouth like some of the Rap lyrics in 3rd Strike's soundtrack.

Back to MK for a sec... The television series was Awesome, IMO. Mortal Kombat Konquest, as I remember it. Not only did it cast some of the HOTTEST women, it had some of the best martial artist around. Daniel Bernhart(Agent Johnson from Reloaded fame) was Siro, one of Kung Lao's partners in the show. He also took control of the, "BloodSport," flicks after Van Damme did the first one. Haha :D

Anyway, i'm getting way off topic. SF: Movie, I'd rather play the SF: Movie arcade game than watch this anyday. This has been the second or third time this topic has been posted within a month or so.

"I guess you didn't see that." _Bison Mocking Sagat

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Being remind of sf2 live action gives me nightmares on how fugly it was. I rather watch the anime moive or sf2 v. Then that sorry excuse for a lincense base game moive some times i think game base moive should stay animated. :shame: