Stamp Collecting, a proper old man hobby

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
@LoneSage, here’s the rest of the Chinese stamps. The second half of the page is assorted Asian countries.

Attachments

• 9963CA1F-3ACD-4D2F-BC61-DB06E6FED117.jpeg
    9963CA1F-3ACD-4D2F-BC61-DB06E6FED117.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My daughter is an avid birder. They are a strange bunch, but when you're harmless, strange is A-OK. She will drive 3 hours to have a chance to see a single rarity. Mind you she doesn't drive, so rather I will drive 3 hours, each way, for a chance for her to see a random bird. Every vacation is planned around birding hotspots. I've tried to get into it with her, but just can't, but am super pleased she has something she loves.

For me, I collect everything...except stamps. Tried getting into it, just didn't connect to it.
Btw that 'gibberish' post was not meant for you.

Anyway I understand your daughter's hobby. For many, many years, I didn't get why bird watchers were bird watchers. That scene in Beetlejuice with the dad stuck in my brain from a young age with regard to bird watchers. But I get it now. I suppose you can say I am also a bird watcher, except I don't watch birds. Regardless, you're a good dad. Driving three hours ain't easy, no matter how many faggots brag about how zero hours they slept last night when you say you're tired.

Btw, it's not a sin to be tired. Just saying. Don't feel guilty about it.

edit: jfc not three hours, but six hours all together. These are things they are happy about at the time, but will remember many years later and suddenly feel a new appreciation for what you did. Keep doing what you do.

edit edit: when I visited the China National Stamp Museum in July, there was a literal vault guarded by a security guard on the top floor. Inside the vault were 'forbidden stamps'. No pictures were allowed. When the guard moved away I took a picture of a stamp.