SoTN going to be released this Wednesday on XBLA

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Woooo!

Can't wait to see what they have lined up for achievements, though it'll probably be some obvious stuff like beat both castles and the like. I'll be there, though.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i skipped on tmnt but bought some points so im going to grab this one.

worms rox btw!

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
They've added new sound effects? I hope they don't suck.

I'm really looking forward to playing this. If it doesn't come to Japan (like TMNT) I'll just pick up the PSX one and play that again.

Alucard ROCKS.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
They've added new sound effects? I hope they don't suck.

I'm really looking forward to playing this. If it doesn't come to Japan (like TMNT) I'll just pick up the PSX one and play that again.

Alucard ROCKS.

make an american account. download the trial version and then boot it up on your japanese account and purchase the game from within the game itself... should work.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Live arcade is on a fucking roll. All they need now, is Doom 2....

Which, of course, won't happen. But seriously, the last downloads have been amazing. And finally SOTN comes out? And it's NOT a rumor? Yes!

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Any news on a Japan release?
I have ~900pts on my Japan live account, and id really rather not have to buy points on a US account.
Plus the US voices are terrible.

But i still havent decided if i'll get it or not. The 360 d-pad is so completely crappy...

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Rassilon said:
Any news on a Japan release?
I have ~900pts on my Japan live account, and id really rather not have to buy points on a US account.
Plus the US voices are terrible.

But i still havent decided if i'll get it or not. The 360 d-pad is so completely crappy...

beelzebubble said:
make an american account. download the trial version and then boot it up on your japanese account and purchase the game from within the game itself... should work.

What's wrong with the d-pad?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Soniku said:

Yeah, I'm dying to hear this too... since the PSX d-pad was somehow better? That thing sucked, so this is a step up, if you ask me.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Soniku said:
its complete garbage.
The 360 d-pad is, without doubt, the WORST d-pad i have ever used.
Its barely tolerable for simple menus and such, as it will never consistently enter only one direction.
It makes the (mediocre) playstation d-pad seem great by comparison. The PS pad is only miserable for fighting games. It does fine for most other games.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rassilon said:
its complete garbage.
Its barely tolerable for simple menus and such, as it will never consistently enter only one direction.
It makes the (mediocre) playstation d-pad seem great by comparison. The PS pad is only miserable for fighting games. It does fine for most other games.

:spock:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Rassilon said:
its complete garbage.

Yea, you're officially full of shit or just have terrible taste. Look, you have no idea what you're talking about. The PS pad better? Thanks for the laugh.

H

hermegildo

Seriously though, the 360 D-Pad is abysmal.

I tried playing Hyper Fighting with it and my thumb was literally slipping off during fireballs.

I have a hard time getting the right weapons or menu stuff consistently in Gears or Dead Rising.

Last edited:
H

hermegildo

Jedah Doma said:
Says another fucktard.:tickled:
You can say whatever you want but I have a hard time thinking of a worse D-Pad than the 360's.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
If it's one constant I see here it's that Dpads suck, period.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Jedah Doma said:
Yea, you're officially full of shit or just have terrible taste. Look, you have no idea what you're talking about. The PS pad better? Thanks for the laugh.
You're COMPLETELY out of your fucking mind if you think the 360 d-pad is anything other than a steaming pile of shit.

If you REALLY think its actually good, you need to get bill gate's cock out of your mouth and learn to have an independent thought.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Rassilon said:
You're COMPLETELY out of your fucking mind if you think the 360 d-pad is anything other than a steaming pile of shit.

If you REALLY think its actually good, you need to get bill gate's cock out of your mouth and learn to have an independent thought.

So you enjoy the "4 button d-pad of shit oops can't do a diagonal, circular, or half circle motion" that is the Playstation d-pad over the cross pattern of the 360? This isn't opinion, it's fact, the 360 pad is leaps and bounds over the Playstation. It seems you've been too busy getting used to the asstastic d-pad on the Playstation to even notice how terrible it is. Sure, you always will go in the direction you want because th D-PAD IS FOUR BUTTONS OF UP, LEFT, DOWN, AND RIGHT. It's not too hard to get that wrong.

Trust me buddy, just get out of gaming and beat it to your glorious PS pad. Seems your so blinded by ignorance that you've gotten a little delusional.

:tickled:

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Jedah Doma said:
So you enjoy the "4 button d-pad of shit oops can't do a diagonal, circular, or half circle motion" that is the Playstation d-pad over the cross pattern of the 360? This isn't opinion, it's fact, the 360 pad is leaps and bounds over the Playstation. It seems you've been too busy getting used to the asstastic d-pad on the Playstation to even notice how terrible it is. Sure, you always will go in the direction you want because th D-PAD IS FOUR BUTTONS OF UP, LEFT, DOWN, AND RIGHT. It's not too hard to get that wrong.

Trust me buddy, just get out of gaming and beat it to your glorious PS pad. Seems your so blinded by ignorance that you've gotten a little delusional.

:tickled:
no, dumbass. the PS d-pad is pretty awful, and REALLY awful for fighting games in particular. But you need to lose your hardon for the 360 dpad. it does the seemingly impossible, and is MUCH worse than the playstation pad.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Rassilon said:
no, dumbass. the PS d-pad is pretty awful, and REALLY awful for fighting games in particular. But you need to lose your hardon for the 360 dpad. it does the seemingly impossible, and is MUCH worse than the playstation pad.

So it's worse because you can pull off moves like uppercuts, fireballs, piledrivers, and other moves in Street Fighter 2? Yea, you've got a fucking point there.:spock:

Last edited:
H

hermegildo

Jedah Doma said:
So it's worse because you can pull of moves like uppercuts, fireballs, piledrivers, and other moves in Street Fighter 2? Yea, you've got a fucking point there.:spock:
lol @ playing fighting games with D-Pads.

You're a fucking tool.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Jedah Doma said:
So it's worse because you can pull of moves like uppercuts, fireballs, piledrivers, and other moves in Street Fighter 2? Yea, you've got a fucking point there.:spock:
you're so full of shit i can smell it over the internet :lol:

trying to play SFII with this thing was the most frustrating experience i have ever had with a video game. It sure is fun when you push fwd/back and it decides you get to jump as well. youre on crack if you think its actually easy to pull off any move with any sort of consistency with the 360 pad.

Seriously, i have NEVER seen ANYONE praise, or even try to defend the absolute disaster of a dpad on the 360 controller.
When SFII hit XBLA there were HUGE amounts of complaints about the dpad everywhere on the net.

take off your fanboy hat and smell the truth: the 360 dpad is shit.