Enemy Chaser
RS_Title.jpg

Default settings:

Level: 3 (normal)
Player stock: 3
Extend Type: 1000000/5000000
Pause SW: Off (lol)

Some notes:

If you are playing on Saturn or 360: Please use arcade mode. If people really want to run Saturn mode or Ikaruga mode I'll add a score list for it.

If you are playing on ST-V: I do not recommend using USA region (you'll figure out why a few seconds in)

I do not recommend using autofire as it prevents many weapons from working correctly.

Radiant Silvergun wasn't functional in MAME the last time I checked (sorry!), but let me know if this has changed.

Please note the game starts on stage 3 (not 1).

High Score List:

Code:
Name           -- Score      -- Stage    -- Platform
skate323k137   -- 2,591,510  -- Stage 2C -- STV
Jeneki         -- 2,321,210  -- Stage 4B -- STV
The_Chosen_One -- 1,993,910  -- Stage 3  -- STV
c0nn0r         -- 1,483,830  -- Stage 3  -- Saturn
Kidpanda       --   776,720  -- Stage 3  -- STV
NERDtendo      --   163,430  -- Stage 3  -- STV

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Finally one I can participate in. Yayyyy!!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Dat crippled US bios. Why would you take away a button when 3 BUTTONS IS THE JAMMA STANDARD!!!!!!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
RS_Jeneki_2321510.jpg
Jeneki - 2,321,210 - Stage 4B - STV

A buddy told me to stop being a pussy so I'm trying out stage 4 route.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Finally, a game I have is on the roster again...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Btw any good scoring tips for a total nub? I just picked up the arcade version and haven't had much time to put into it. This will give me an excuse to play it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Btw any good scoring tips for a total nub? I just picked up the arcade version and haven't had much time to put into it. This will give me an excuse to play it.

Chaining is everything. Chains are a main shource of your points as well as key to powering up your weapons. The game almost makes you learn to chain, otherwise you'll end up in later levels very under powered. You're going to go through large sections only shooting one color of enemy. Also you can learn where "Secrets" are (usually involves hitting a certain section of the screen) for a significant scoring boost.

I say all this with a current score about half of jeneki's :lolz:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Another source for leveling weapons comes from boss kill percentages. 100% destruction gives a very nice boost to all three weapons, so try to get each and every boss part.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Can you guys refresh my memory about the USA/Japan differences besides the lack of 3rd button? And why the USA is better?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Can you guys refresh my memory about the USA/Japan differences besides the lack of 3rd button? And why the USA is better?

The major difference that matters in the USA/JAPAN regions is that the USA uses A + B buttons only instead of the original JAPAN region's A + B + C buttons. This prevents the USA players from using the weapons that are triggered by the C button or the ones that use the C button in combination with other buttons.

1.jpg

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
7 different types of button combo weapons in a shmup? Hum.... Guess i'm out,lolz

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Eight if you count the Hyper Sword. :)

Treasure should play more Mars Matrix.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Oof... the rust is real. Struggling to get over 1m and past the 4th section of the 1st stage.

On the bright side, I do remember where several of the Merrys are.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
fucking hell I suck so much at this... the best I could manage is a bit over 100K so far, it's like GigaWing without having a shield and there are so many shots but somehow I can't manage to find the right ones. Even the first boss... most of the time he just self destructs after pseudo-3d rotating like mad :)

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I just yoko'd my shitty "skeleton" cab to pop this one in after playing the heck out of Battle Garegga for about 4 weeks. Woah, do you have to be Neo to play this effectively?

I just got though a massive credit-feed play-through... Wow, what an incredible game! How the hell does someone get a 1CC on this? There has got to be some drug I can take, or someone's d*ck I can s*uck to get good at this game, right?

Ho Le shit.

Hats off to all y'all that can get a good score on this. I'll post a score by the end of hte month for sure, but man... I don't expect to place well on this one - my first time participating in the SOTM.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I started running a red line from the start. Still can't 100% the first boss, game certainly turns into something else when chasing for score. Awesome music on the cab to hear too. Mos def prefer the arcade version over the Saturn mode.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I'm not sure what is the "correct" way to get 100% on the first boss. I go in with a Hyper Sword and use it right away, then use normal sword to absorb a cloud of pink bullets and Hyper Sword again. I get 100% about half the time, otherwise 90%. It seems like you can only hit parts that are on top, and it's spinning around so the parts you need might not be hit-able.

I think the third boss (R-Type ship) is going to be the biggest roadblock for most people. There are a couple safe spots, watch some videos to find them, but otherwise fuck that thing is a kick in the balls and the hardest part before stage 5.