Sony 34" XBR970 on sale $649.00 CC

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Well screw me in the butt. I got it for $800 but this is a freakin' steal!

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
After how long? I think I'm three months into to owning this for $800ish from CC...seems like I may not be able to take advantage of that plan LOL

Chunky Lover 53 said:
I just got mine price matched again today :D

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Damn that's a good deal.

I don't even need a new tv and that's tempting... might have to see if my fiance can get it even cheaper since she works at CC. :envy:

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
danox574 said:
After how long? I think I'm three months into to owning this for $800ish from CC...seems like I may not be able to take advantage of that plan LOL
I had mine about 45 to 50 days and got it priced matched . Just take your reciept to CC and tell them you want to get your TV priced matched. They should do it.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Wow. That's a great price for that TV.

I wish I hadn't bought that Toshiba last month now.:(

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
jro said:
Damn that's a good deal.

I don't even need a new tv and that's tempting... might have to see if my fiance can get it even cheaper since she works at CC. :envy:

Werent you dating that girl just a little while back? I could have sworn you started a thread about it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I got mine over a year ago, sucks to be me.:(

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Color blotches?
everywhere but thats not even my main complaint.

if you have any object and it has contrast relative to its background, and its not right in the middle of the screen, its got a giant glow around it.

this is very noticeable in the mvsc2 training level, since it has a relatively black background. if you move a character out of the middle of the screen it gets a glow around it. by the edges of the tv the glow nearly doubles the size of the sprite. not to mention since its at the edge it loses focus too.

SSS

neo retired
not sonic said:
everywhere but thats not even my main complaint.

if you have any object and it has contrast relative to its background, and its not right in the middle of the screen, its got a giant glow around it.

this is very noticeable in the mvsc2 training level, since it has a relatively black background. if you move a character out of the middle of the screen it gets a glow around it. by the edges of the tv the glow nearly doubles the size of the sprite. not to mention since its at the edge it loses focus too.

you have a warranty? take that shit back

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
you have a warranty? take that shit back

im stuck. i threw out the box but im not sure if that matters.

the problem is my friend, who works at bestbuy bought it. and i havent seen him in a while. he also kept the reciept so i cant get samsung to look at it.

SSS

neo retired
not sonic said:
im stuck. i threw out the box but im not sure if that matters.

the problem is my friend, who works at bestbuy bought it. and i havent seen him in a while. he also kept the reciept so i cant get samsung to look at it.

even if you had the receipt, samsung would probably say it works fine or replace it with another that does that same thing. I'm pretty sure the issue isn't yours, but a design flaw just from what I've seen from the floor models.

unload it on craigslist while it's still worth something. best buy's already stopped carrying the XBR (not on their site). just a matter of time before CC does the same.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i wonder what i could get for it though. :annoyed:

edit: fuck that ~$300 on ebay. i paid $520. >< why do hdtvs have such shit quality assurance

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
not sonic said:
i wonder what i could get for it though. :annoyed:

edit: fuck that ~$300 on ebay. i paid $520. >< why do hdtvs have such shit quality assurance

Personally I'd take the 200 dollar loss and put it towards something good, instead of putting up with crap.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
yeah but im poor. :crying:

ill see what samsung will do for me before trying to unload it.