Sonic Forces will let you create your original do not steal character

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Hopefully Sega adds a chlorine bomb option so you can easily delete these custom characters.

Jon

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Guess Sega finally decided to throw Sonic's autistic freak show fanbase a bone. Fun times.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
zzZzz(killSonicalreadyplease)zzZZz

+1

to this day i still like the original sonic games more than the mario games. but i can't think of any other gaming franchise that has overstayed its welcome more than sonic.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
+1

to this day i still like the original sonic games more than the mario games. but i can't think of any other gaming franchise that has overstayed its welcome more than sonic.
Well, in fact Mario have been around for the same time or perhaps more, but the main games ranging from Good to Stellar may be the reason we don't get as tired.

100proof

10 Year Member
Sonic has been the eternal garbage fire on the wrong side of town of video games for the last 20+ years. Throw in its fanbase of furry weirdos that make bronies look dignified and well-adjusted and Sonic should've been smothered in the crib after Sonic CD.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
haha.
thing is they just didn't take care of their IP. they started fucking around with the formula - those at the helm where too obsessed with the gimmick aspect (speed) and forgot about the substance. and there was a lot of substance in the beginning.
oh well

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm just going to come right out and say it...I always thought that Sonic was gay as fuck. The first game was ok...they rest was just repeated shit, CD was ok as well. The game play was rather simple and got old quick. After that? Dumb as hell, especially when they gave him a voice. Nothing like a hip-flip faggot 1990's hedgehog wit attitude...

Flame away, assholes...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
200px-Sonichu.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sonic 2 was the best game in the series. Better than 3 and better than CD.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Sonic 2 was the best game in the series. Better than 3 and better than CD.

I agree, though for obvious reasons Sonic 1 is the most important. with 2 however, they basically got everything right.
what to me is particularly sad about there having not been a Sonic on the Saturn is the lost opportunity to make a hand drawn 32bit Sonic game. I think Sonic as pixel art was always a showcase. when it went 3D it ment little as speed was an aspect of many games by that time

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Sigh, and here I thought I read Shining Force in the title. Not like it would have been any good though. Camelot got bought by Nintendo and they have been dormant since Golden Sun 3 on DS.

Never enjoyed Sonic outside it's graphics back in Genesis days, but what I don't get is why ppl keep saying the newer games are not as good as the old ones. Sonic Generation (especially when played 60 fps on PC) and Sonic 4 episode 2 seem as good as the old ones to me (which were not great to begin with IMO). Same goes with the DS / 3DS games.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like most of the 3D platforming Sonic games and I'l probably like this too. Sonic Colors and Generations especially.

Fuck Sonic '06, Shadow the Hedgehog, the Sonic Boom series, and most of the fanbase though.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
WTF happened to Sonic Mania? Is that just gone now?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
For all the crappy games, I still find it hard to not like Sonic, I guess it's because it was the first big series I loved. I really enjoyed Colors, so I am willing to give this a try.

Surely there are enough Sonic characters already though? Do we really need to be making our own?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
SEGA should just hand over Sonic to Nintendo and let them do a "Sonic 64'like" game with today's hardware capabilities.

It'd be a win-win game. Altough not bad, no more Sonic Adventures BS. SA's just dont cut as they should.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
People who don't like Sonic 2 exist?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Sega CEO: Ok guys...we need a followup to Sonic. Nintendo released Super Mario World, which is quite possibly one of the best video games ever made...we need something NOW!!!

Game designer A: How about Sonic one...just a bit larger, with more spastic bounce all over the place bullshit so we can make more "blast processing" commercials? Now all we need is a new character...

Game Designer B: A fox?

Game Designer A: Great idea, B...now, he needs a stupid gimmick.

Game Designer C: Two Tails?

Game Designer B: And flip 1990's tennis shoes!

Game Designer A: Fuckin A! We'll call him "Miles Prower"...you know, a pun...LOL. We'll nickname him Tails though...cuz two tails!!!

Design team: One week later...BOOM!!!
homo_tails.jpg

Sega CEO: Million dollar babies y'all!!!

100proof

10 Year Member
Sonic was never as good as Mario but those first few games were solid platformers that had a nice aesthetic and had great Genesis soundtracks. I played thru Sonic 3/Knuckles recently and it mostly held up. Everything after that? Capital S Shit. I'm including Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors and whatever other embarrassing "it's pretty good if you ignore..." argument. Just because it's not as bad as '06 Sonic (which could've been classified as a human rights atrocity by the United Nations) doesn't make it good.