So what's a CED laserdisc? Anyone?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
not worth owning. It is the precursor to Laserdisc.

Discs are stored in weird carbord/plastic sleeves that you insert into the player which then loads the disc from inside the sleeve. Quality is low (better than VHS but lower then LD). + players only have composite video out and discs are hard to come by.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Howdoin said:
not worth owning. It is the precursor to Laserdisc.

The site above confirms that but it strikes me as odd since LD is reported to date back to the late 70's and precurses VHS even. Or was the LD originally (other than being only 8" back then) not exactly the same in other ways back then to what it settled on 20+ years ago?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My buddy used to have these things and a few movies, they are not worth owning. however they are pretty obscure so that may count for something.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Neo Bomber Man said:
The site above confirms that but it strikes me as odd since LD is reported to date back to the late 70's and precurses VHS even. Or was the LD originally (other than being only 8" back then) not exactly the same in other ways back then to what it settled on 20+ years ago?
The LD standard is pretty old but it was created for computer data storage rather than video (back in the day when multi-megabyte harddrives were the size of washing machines and cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars)

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
It works physically similiar to a vinyl record. it has a needle i believe.
The last and rarest movie for it is return of the jedi.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My Babbysitter had one in like 1982... Her son spilled milk all over a rental copy of "Empire Strikes Back" and she beat the living shit out of him for half an hour.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
My Babbysitter had one in like 1982... Her son spilled milk all over a rental copy of "Empire Strikes Back" and she beat the living shit out of him for half an hour.

that is a nice story

it plays out better when I stare at your av while reading it