So what are you buying this Holiday Season?

Which console will you purchase?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • None

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Some nice games there, but I really recommend you try Children of Mana before you buy. It is just really, really repetitive, the whole thing is aimed at kids, the characters are weak, and the story is so very tired.

If that's the case then I may leave that one sealed.

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
No systems ATM...

Future purchases...
Metal Slug Collection (PSP)
Capcom's PSP lineup (Power Ston Collection, Puzzle World, CCC Reloaded)
Forza 2
:buttrock:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I voted for none, because none of those consoles are worth the asking price.
I was considering getting a Wii for my parents for Christmas, but since they don't play video games, and the only ones using it might be me and my sister, I don't think I will.

I'll probably get a PS2 sometime, but that will probably either be way before the holidays, or not at all.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Wii for sure, and a PS3 if I can find one for MSRP. I think I've finally grown out of the must have it at any price stage.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'll pick up a 360 next price drop which will probably coincide with the holiday season.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
So most people are going for the Wii mainly for the price? Interesting considering the forums. :D

It looks okay, but it really does seem like a GCN with the remote added.

Is anyone taking Preorders for the PS3? Not sure if I'll be able to find one on launch day.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
So most people are going for the Wii mainly for the price? Interesting considering the forums. :D

It looks okay, but it really does seem like a GCN with the remote added.

Is anyone taking Preorders for the PS3? Not sure if I'll be able to find one on launch day.
No places are taking preoreders around here yet. I'm on two different stores' call lists (one EB and one Gamestop) for "call as soon as they get a reserve SKU," but I'm not too optimistic that Sony's going to do much with reserves this time around. I think between the 360 reserve debacle and its own problems with technology in the system, Sony will be very conservative and will make sure to underpromise.

I also think that they'll ship a ridiculously low number of systems at launch, thus to underpromise may mean no reserves at all, save for the $1,500 bundles that Gamestop is sure to have online.

My guess is that they'll do sell-through only. Lots of crazy people will be more than happy to camp outside of Best Buy for a week beforehand, and for the first time in a very long while, I'll pass on being an immediate adopter.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I anticipate being more than happy with my 360 and a Wii until Sony can get their situation under control.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Im already guaranteed a free Wii for winning a sales contest so that one is out of the way, and even if I didnt win one I would buy it anyways just b/c its the most innovative of the three out there. I already have a 360 (which im not too impressed with....hopefully getting Dead Rising today can change that), and the PS3 just doesnt have a single game on it that warrants me dropping $800 on it after all is said and done. Now the closer we get to MGS4, Tekken 6, and VF5....I will be getting one then....trust me!

O.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
The only big purchase i might make this xmas is an HDDVD player.

I don't want the wii or ps3, and i have teh 360 already.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I'm surprised the 360 and PS3 are currently tied in the poll, given how many people here already have a 360.

Not that NG.com is representative of the general public, but I still find the results so far quite interesting.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
jro said:
I also think that they'll ship a ridiculously low number of systems at launch, thus to underpromise may mean no reserves at all, save for the $1,500 bundles that Gamestop is sure to have online.

This is what I'm trying to avoid. I certainly won't pay more than the $600+tax. No preorders mean I may just have to wait. Probably won't be a bad idea knowing the things happening with early hardware these days.

Bishamon said:
I'm surprised the 360 and PS3 are currently tied in the poll, given how many people here already have a 360.

I figured most people who wanted a Xbox 360 would have one by now. Guess not.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
FYI if you're buying the PS3, you're gay.

I'm sorry but there is no other way to put it.

It won't even be good as a blu-ray player, considering current bluray discs are fucking ass.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I don't even own any DVDs. Well outside of the Firefly boxset and Serenity (well until it was stolen).

So Blu-Ray isn't my driving force. I would have loved for them to just go with DVD's. Atleast then we'd be looking at a system $200 cheaper.

I think this is really an example of where the company is screwing up the games division. Which will end up hurting the company as a whole.

BIG

sony fanboy
DashK said:

It won't even be good as a blu-ray player, considering current bluray discs are fucking ass.

I already own a 360,and I don't care much about the Wii so yeah,I'm teh ghey for a PS3.

B-

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
none

I'm thinking of buying a really nice Moutain bike (that I won't be able to use for a few months after)

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
None, I'm not really interested in anything coming out for any of the systems. Well, except for Castle Crashers... Not really worth $400+ though.

Does this make me gay?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
DashK said:

Don't care about blu ray or hd-dvd

the 360 has been out how long ow and is just now gettingone game that intrests me, don't care about the Rev either

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'll be getting a PS3 for games, shame I'll be forking over so much cash for a shitty Blu-Ray drive that I don't want.

I'd get a Wii, but from what I played at E3 you'd have more fun spending your money on a $5 Tiger Electronics checkers game.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
I'm getting a Wii.

I already have a 360.

I would rather buy Derisoba Deluxe than a PS3.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
DashK said:

I couldn't give two fucks about HD-DVD or Blu-ray. PS3 has some kick ass games coming out for it & thats what seals it for me. Good day.