So this generations "beat 'em up renaissance" is over? Thoughts?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
roker said:
I've been playing the Warriors for the last few days and frankly, I'm not impressed

it's OK for an average action/adventure type game, but I wouldn't say it's a real fighter

You have all these objectives you need to fulfill, it's not like you're walking around beating the shit out of people, but more like "Ok, you need to spray paint this, steal this, beat these guys up in this time limit, run over here, throw this, PLAY SOME STUPID MODERN CLICHED STEALTH, etc."

Urban Reign, while an OK game, plays more like a real brawler, ditto on Shoalin Monks

thats 100% how me and my mate felt when we played it for about an hour last night. i thought the fighting system was pretty good and fun but you rarely get to use it as you are always running down some dark (too dark) alley looking for the next minigame or yellow warriors symbol the move on to the next section.

where the hell is all the fighting?

anyways yeah id give it like 6/10.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
LoneSage said:
Super Double Dragon was pretty weak and easy as fuck. The game was literally in perpetual slowdown, as evidenced by the fade-out when the character walks out of the area.
you forgot to say in your opinion HOMO :mad: faggot

oh shit so I read the stuff you guys said about the warriors.... and erm sounds real shitty... but just one question what did you guys think of manhunt

I really wana know :spock:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Save for TMNT IV, Sonic Blast Man knocks the shit out of every SNES beat 'em up.

Especially SDD.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sega Ages Goldend AXE > any BEMUP released in the last year...

The only better BEMUPS are the 3d Gauntlet Games.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
How did yall feel about Rise to Honor??

I thought that game was good. The only game imho to do a decent job at the whole analog-controlled attacks system. But I think some wouldn't consider it a true beat 'em up/brawler.

I heard they are making a sequel...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Just beat the Warriors tonite and I must say I'm impressed. I've never seen a movie licensed game turn out as good as this one did. One reason without spoilers that it did turn out so well is that it's based on an old movie where they can give the plot away and make you play it out. They could never do that with any game based on a recently release movie because it would ruin the plot and you wouldn't want to go see the movie.

I see what you guys mean when there's no replay value to it. It might be worth playing though again with a friend 2PL. The unlockable Double dragon game is cheesy but fun.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
LoneSage said:
Save for TMNT IV, Sonic Blast Man knocks the shit out of every SNES beat 'em up.

Especially SDD.

I liked sbm2 much more than sbm1, TMNTIV is prolly the best turtle beat em up average at best I'd say isn't worth replaying.... you smell like a grafix whore who can't play sdd and you didn't even mention ghost chaser resei (esp 2 player co op) which blows all the average games you've mentioned out of the water

fag :kekeke:

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
There's a new Final Fight: Streetwise trailer up at gametrailers.com
Linky
I dunno though. I'm not really sold on the way the game pauses for a split-second evey time you connect a hit. Graphics look ok I guess, and It looks like Haggar at least makes an appearance - even so I'm not getting exited over it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
bloodriot said:
.... you smell like a grafix whore who can't play sdd and you didn't even mention ghost chaser resei (esp 2 player co op) which blows all the average games you've mentioned out of the water

fag :kekeke:

You're a pretty angry kid.

Ghost Chaser Raisei's pretty awesome, loved that robo guy. You should check out Undercover Cops.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
You actually think of it as a Renaissance? With all the shitty games out, i never new it started yet, no jokes or sarcasm.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
LoneSage said:
You're a pretty angry kid.

And you sonny might be a little downsided if you took anything I said seriously but your still a homo mkay :shame: see j/k

Ghost Chaser Raisei's pretty awesome, loved that robo guy. You should check out Undercover Cops.

Is it better than the arcade version? That was good but I wouldn't say it was one of the best ever? :confused:

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:

Especially SDD.

Beat 'em ups, RPG's what else do ya'll people need. The SNES is king of old school.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
And it's even better when those two are combined. Like River City Ransom and Dynasty Warriors.