SNKP USA appoints new president

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Ha... how does it compare to Dong's gold Delorean? :D

That thing can transcend time and space like a mofo. The gold plated design insulates it from temporal flux anomalies. Think of it as inter-dimensional lube.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Interesting to see if the new president does anything at all and perhaps release something amazing but I'm not holding my breath. I've said it before SNKP should re-release actual home consoles and some select games for a limited time. They would make a shit-load of money just from us let alone other customers.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Interesting to see if the new president does anything at all and perhaps release something amazing but I'm not holding my breath. I've said it before SNKP should re-release actual home consoles and some select games for a limited time. They would make a shit-load of money just from us let alone other customers.

Who's gonna buy that stuff? Imagine how much a new home console would cost to make in limited numbers. Or even the carts. I think they would have a tough time selling more than 100 copies of any rereleased game. Expecially when a lot of the games are readily available on MVS for a significantly lower price than they could possibly match.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Damn, they really do love their carpets.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Who's gonna buy that stuff? Imagine how much a new home console would cost to make in limited numbers. Or even the carts. I think they would have a tough time selling more than 100 copies of any rereleased game. Expecially when a lot of the games are readily available on MVS for a significantly lower price than they could possibly match.

The tech needed to manufacture Home Consoles an games is probably pretty cheap. Cheaper than making a crappy NGX for sure.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Noticed that nobody is stepping on that carpet either. Maybe they realize that someday it might sell for $25k.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I've said it before SNKP should re-release actual home consoles and some select games for a limited time. They would make a shit-load of money just from us let alone other customers.

The tech needed to manufacture Home Consoles an games is probably pretty cheap. Cheaper than making a crappy NGX for sure.

No offense, but your all you just said is completely off the mark & absolute fantasy.

Making limited runs of old tech is not a cheap endeavor at all. Besides, the limited run aspect would drastically rasie the price per piece (retail) to cover the outlay & compensate for the profit margin ratio. Just take a look at other industries where once prominent technology is now niche, such as high end audio (think tube amplifiers). The user base becomes a fraction of the size & to compensate fopr this the tech becomes a high end luxury (mixed with a bit of eccentricity) and the prices reflect this.

Add to the fact that the "fans" are one of the primary reasons that the Neo Geo (home cart system) went kaput. Many if not most like to talk the talk about how they would throw down if SNK did this or that but then when the proving ground is presented & it's time to throw down bank the majority pussies out, mainly because they never had the coin in the first place.
Just take a look at the user base of this forum. Just by reading the majority of the posts here you can see that most are cash poor both due to the economy & bad personal financial judgment/decisions. It has been that way well before 2008.

I'm not trying to be a wet blankie, just a realist.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
No offense, but your all you just said is completely off the mark & absolute fantasy.

Making limited runs of old tech is not a cheap endeavor at all. Besides, the limited run aspect would drastically rasie the price per piece (retail) to cover the outlay & compensate for the profit margin ratio. Just take a look at other industries where once prominent technology is now niche, such as high end audio (think tube amplifiers). The user base becomes a fraction of the size & to compensate fopr this the tech becoems a high end luxury (mixed with a bit of eccentricity) and the prices reflect this.

Add to the fact that the "fans" are one of the primary reasons that the Neo Geo (home cart system) went kaput. Many if not most like to talk the talk about how they would throw down if SNK did this or that but then when the proving ground is presented & it's time to throw down bank the majority pussies out, mainly because they never had the coin in the first place.
Just take a look at the user base of this forum. Just by reading the majority of the posts here you can see that most are cash poor both due to the economy & bad judgement. It has been that way well before 2008.

I'm not trying to be a wet blankie, just a realist.

You have all valid points. It is a pipe dream. Just a really warm fuzzy one.