SNK vs Capcom or Metal Slug 5?

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
If any of you folks are like me, you have to put aside some money here and there for new games and aren't quite in the position to just snap up anything that comes along.

So, on that note, between the two impending releases we have to look forward to, which one are you getting your heart set on?

As cool as S vs C looks, I personally am looking more forward to Metal Slug 5.

What about ya'll?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Lou, that's a tough decision. I guess if you're more of a solitary gamer, MS5 would be a good choice. That's assuming it turns out better than MS4..

I think SvC will be a bigger game though, and probably has more replay value. If you play competitively with friends it might be the better choice.

Personally, I will try to get both. With the prices of new MVS kits though, I will likely have to hold off on one for awhile.

Cole

Kin Cle, ,
If it really had to be one or the other then thats a hell of a tough choice..

A true paradox.

Guess I'll have to sell that spare kidney and just get them both if I can't scrape together the spare change between now and then. :D

<small>[ June 14, 2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Cole ]</small>

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
For me, the decision is easy. First and foremost I'm a fighter fan, that's what brought me to the Neo in the first place. Now, with that in mind, we already have 4 Metal Slugs on the Neo and after 4 I'm not really jacked up for a new Metal Slug. On the other hand, SvC Chaos is without a doubt a landmark title for the Neo. Its the fighter that most of us have been waiting for for years. Add to that the fact that this is the first time it will appear on the Neo and my decision is made.

Then again I'll have to wait for the MVS kit to come down a little.

Mike

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I am waiting for both, but mainly SvsC of course.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I have Metal Slug... and I have Metal Slug 3. Really, what more do you need. 5 may be incredible, but it is still the same old slug. Not to say I am not interested in it, but the Slugs never hold that much replay value for me. I play them to death when I first get them... maybe have it in the machine for a month... then, never feel like playing it again. So... MS5... nahhh.

SvsC, I am really excited about. I know some people are unhappy with the character lineup, but I am psyched, and I love what I see so far. Sure, I would have loved to see some different characters as well, but it is a good showing and it will be a blast to play...

So... I will get SvsC first and foremost... I am an MVS person though, so... that means probably not until around Christmas time when the price drops. And hell, if MS5 is getting rave reviews from people here, I may pick that up as well cheap on MVS.... The game I am looking out for the most this summer, and it is almost gauranteed to hit cheap... is Poochi Nya! Now that is going to be a must get to tid me over until the other games drop in price!

-Nick

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I have the money set aside to get both, but honestly, after I got burned on slug 4, there is no way I'm gonna drop $325 on another slug until after I read a lot of reviews from people on this board. SVC, asomeone else said, is a landmark title on the neo and is a must have.

Matt

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
I still play (and enjoy) Metal Slug's 3 and 4, and shooters are better suited to single-playerness.
And the first few shots of MS5 look rather good, so its MS5 for me.

But I'll prolly get both (and pick up Matrimelle as soon as I can afford it).

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Somehow I'll buy both, despite the fact I don't have the money for it. Then I'll worry about the bills later.

Thats when you know this hobby is a fucking viper.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Both all the way! SVC for mvs and MS5 for aes. (fighting games just seem so much more fun in a cab)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
My first priority is SvC, but I'll have to wait a lot of time for the MVS to drop in price. I guess getting MS5 will also depend on how fast its value decreases.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Whatever the price may be I will most definetly getting Snk Vs Capcom the day it comes out on MVS and AES.
I'm sure Metal Slug 5 will be good but compared with SVC Chaos?......

A shooter fan myself by default, its a no brainer that I would rather get MS5 but I will likely wait till the price comes down, and perhaps also buy it 2nd hand.

On the other hand however, I can see how prestigeous it could feel to be the only kid on the block to have a Street Fighter game as an AES homecart

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
Iam intrested in slug 5 a bit more,
although iam probally gonna end up getting both.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
that is one tough choice cause i love fighters
but the slugs are amazing games hmmm yeah SvsC
for me on home cart and then ms5 on mvs when it drops a bit,im also not made of money

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Both :)

SvC probably won't appear on AES until late Summer/early Autumn; MS5 on AES will most likely appear around Christmas, if current MVS release dates are anything to go by.

Q

qube

Tough choice here, but seeing as how I have been waiting years for SvC and I can only afford to buy 1 new cart a year (if even that annoyed ), I am personally going to be picking up Chaos wink

Q-