Shame on you God for hidding me the PSP is awesome!

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Sorry to come after the war but I had to say this. I've always been a DS guy from the Japan launch and I've not purchased many games, maybe 10 actually. I've been quite rapidly fed up with the colorful tone of DS games even if I've played some real gems.

Anyway, I thought giving the PSP a shot in the end as I checked the game list. Several interested me like Killzone Liberation, GTA (I've never played a 3D GTA...), Loco Roco, Midnight Club DE, Tales of Eternia etc and a good friend of mine got the 3 first aformentionned games plus 2 others along with his PSP he wanted to get rid of. So I bought this package and played extentively Killzone last night. I already couldn't believe the intro video... God THAT's some graphics!

I wanted some "serious games" and the PSP realy is the way to go. So this is my public allegiance to this wonderful little handheld. Too bad I found out so late...

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Indeed, great little system, but you need to pick up all the Capcom goodness before your journey is complete.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Vincere said:
Sorry to come after the war but I had to say this. I've always been a DS guy from the Japan launch and I've not purchased many games, maybe 10 actually. I've been quite rapidly fed up with the colorful tone of DS games even if I've played some real gems.

Anyway, I thought giving the PSP a shot in the end as I checked the game list. Several interested me like Killzone Liberation, GTA (I've never played a 3D GTA...), Loco Roco, Midnight Club DE, Tales of Eternia etc and a good friend of mine got the 3 first aformentionned games plus 2 others along with his PSP he wanted to get rid of. So I bought this package and played extentively Killzone last night. I already couldn't believe the intro video... God THAT's some graphics!

I wanted some "serious games" and the PSP realy is the way to go. So this is my public allegiance to this wonderful little handheld. Too bad I found out so late...

Agreed. I had pretty much been into the DS (which is a great system) but gave the PSP another shot a few months back and love it. I have over 20 hours of Killzone logged online and as already mentioned, the Capcom stuff is fantastic.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Both the PSP and DS are great systems.

Whoever bashes either one just doesn't bother to seriously look at the software line-up they each possess.

I actually don't even own a PSP, as I'm waiting for the Slim to be released, but there's a bunch of great stuff that's started to show up on the system and I'm eager to pick one up.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
The PSP really has found its legs. I play my PSP more than my DS currently, but that switches back and forth pretty often. I love both systems. Just depends on what I feel like playing at the time.

As usual, AJ is right, people who hate haven't explored both systems enough.

BIG

sony fanboy
man, i've been saying this for YEARS.

...but no one listened.

:emb:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm looking forward to the slimline PSP that's supposedly coming out. I still think the GBA was the best portable so far, though.

Unfortunately, nothing on the GBA/DS touches Wipeout Pure for racing, and I gots to have a good portable racer.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
The PSP is decent, but the DS has a much better lineup of original software. In Japan anyway, I don't buy US or PAL titles.
The DS only really loses out to the PSP on a good racing game.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Sure the DS as an amazing lineup. I even wouldn't question that. But that's a matter of tastes indeed. I need violence and realistic things nowadays so That the way to go.

On a sidenote, I played Killzone Liberation to Chapter 3 boss and this game is insanely HARD. I've been dead 107 times only completing the first 2 chapters. I fought the Chapter 3 Meca boss for an hour and got my ass totally destroyed. I just can't be good. Serious lack of balance difficulty wise. I may be rusted but still...

BIG said:

...but no one listened.

Talk to the deaf...:crying:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah PSP is great. You should try out thies games

. Jeanne D'Ark (if you like strategy RPGS)
. Capcom Collection Remix & Reloaded (Both rock hard!!)
. Ultimate Ghost & Goblins (or is it goules and ghost)
. Daxter
. Crush
. Chilli Con Carnage (the humor holds this game together)

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Vincere said:
On a sidenote, I played Killzone Liberation to Chapter 3 boss and this game is insanely HARD. I've been dead 107 times only completing the first 2 chapters. I fought the Chapter 3 Meca boss for an hour and got my ass totally destroyed. I just can't be good. Serious lack of balance difficulty wise. I may be rusted but still...

No lack of balance. Simply that the game is challenging. Quite a few of the stages themselves are tough.

For the bosses, their patterns are actually quite simple and few in number. The key to beating them is patience. You simply can't go all out offensive or you will just get wasted. You need to chip away slowly at their health in the few moments you get to attack without taking damage. It will take a long time, but once you have their patterns down, you'll get there. For the mecha boss, be sure to change to a rapid firing weapon when those walking mines come out. Then strafe backwards to get rid of them.

And yeah, the PSP is great. I sold my DS a few months ago with no regrets. It was good while it lasted, but for me PSP is the better of the two by a long stretch. Each to their own.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I like them both, the PSP being the better machine in terms of power/engineering and style but I kinda prefer the DS as a portable and for games I sold my psp but may get another before to long had mine from launch

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
BIG said:

...but no one listened.

No one listened b/c you are a Sony fanboy, not an unbiased gamer ;)

Just so happens that the PSP is pretty dope :emb:

BIG

sony fanboy
qube said:
No one listened b/c you are a Sony fanboy, not an unbiased gamer ;)

Just so happens that the PSP is pretty dope :emb:

i'm as unbiased as they come.

i have owned just about every single console known to man.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
BIG said:
i'm as unbiased as they come.

i have owned just about every single console known to man.

:tickled: This is true, I am pretty much the same way.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Owning stuff doesn't make you unbiased :emb:

Sometimes it just makes people think they have the right to bash it more by qualifying thier already formulated opinion. "I've owned it, it sucks".

To each his own though. I don't care what other people play or like. Both the PSP and the DS are great systems in my book.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
qube said:
Owning stuff doesn't make you unbiased :emb:

Sometimes it just makes people think they have the right to bash it more by qualifying thier already formulated opinion. "I've owned it, it sucks".

To each his own though. I don't care what other people play or like. Both the PSP and the DS are great systems in my book.

I agree that the DS and PSP are both great systems. I actually find that people tend to bash things more if they don't own something, either from never having it or from owning it and getting rid of it.

I owned the PSP early on and thought it sucked and kind of held that opinion until about six months ago. Once I started playing what was currently available for it, I was blown away by the quality. As for the DS, I have owned at least one since launch and have almost always been able to find something on it that I enjoy.

BIG

sony fanboy
Gameoz said:
I agree that the DS and PSP are both great systems. I actually find that people tend to bash things more if they don't own something, either from never having it or from owning it and getting rid of it.

true words, homes, true words.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
hanafudaX said:
No lack of balance. Simply that the game is challenging. Quite a few of the stages themselves are tough.

For the bosses, their patterns are actually quite simple and few in number. The key to beating them is patience. You simply can't go all out offensive or you will just get wasted. You need to chip away slowly at their health in the few moments you get to attack without taking damage. It will take a long time, but once you have their patterns down, you'll get there. For the mecha boss, be sure to change to a rapid firing weapon when those walking mines come out. Then strafe backwards to get rid of them.

And yeah, the PSP is great. I sold my DS a few months ago with no regrets. It was good while it lasted, but for me PSP is the better of the two by a long stretch. Each to their own.

Thanks for the tips, I finally made it. I took my time but still, the gam's mighty hard IMO.

I started to play Loco Roco and no doubt : this game rocks. Finding all the little Rocos is insanely fun. The music is awesome ha ha.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Vincere said:
Thanks for the tips, I finally made it. I took my time but still, the gam's mighty hard IMO.

I started to play Loco Roco and no doubt : this game rocks. Finding all the little Rocos is insanely fun. The music is awesome ha ha.

If you have the chance, you should play Killzone Online. I have put over twenty hours online and still play a few nights a week.

BIG

sony fanboy
oh man, i just got through playing the silent hill demo and i gotta tell ya...

it fucking rocks.

go konami for opting out on the re4 clone.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Gameoz said:
If you have the chance, you should play Killzone Online. I have put over twenty hours online and still play a few nights a week.

I don't have any opportunity to play online ATM so don't tempt me... ;)

And Big, from your post I assume you can DL demos online directly through the PSP?...

BIG

sony fanboy
Vincere said:
I don't have any opportunity to play online ATM so don't tempt me... ;)

And Big, from your post I assume you can DL demos online directly through the PSP?...

no....my psp is running on a custom firmware.

piratesale

Crossed Swords Squire
I can't stand any of the PSP games that come out. I've been playing emus on my PSP and thats it. It does that beautifully might I add.