SD screen flicker issue

boss0033

Kula's Candy
So I just got a 4-slot Big Red with a lotta restore work done including a tube swap. I just purchased the SD and all the games were already loaded on. However, I am getting some flicker during gameplay and even on the menu screen (thin white horizontal lines). I haven’t tried a regular MVS cart but I’m assuming it’s the SD cause the cross hatch screen when no cart is installed has no flicker. Has anyone experienced this and if so how was it fixed. I haven’t tried to mess with any monitor adjustments yet

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Mess with the monitor adjustments. Get comfortable with them.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
So was able to mess with all the monitor adjustments and no luck. I’m guessing it’s a voltage issue. The PS is a 150 and doesn’t appear that it can be adjusted. Any other help would be appreciated!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm not convinced it's the SD, so if you could get another cart to try that would rule that out.

If it's a power issue, you may need a new power supply or recap the one you have.

I had a flickering problem on scenes where the screen rapidly went from dark to white ( like in many attract /intro sequences). Make sure you have the monitor dialed in.

Turn down the brightness on the CRT remote board and back off the two settings on the flyback. Now start with "focus" on the flyback. Then turn up the "screen" till you just start to get image. Now finish adjusting the brightness with the remote board.

I found if you have these all balanced the screen responds better and won't flicker to those rapid changes.

Good luck.