Sanwa Accessories

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
I'm getting someone to make two custom sanwa sticks for me. I need to choose accesories though, and I'm not sure what these are. Could anyone please describe these and say whether they're worthwhile or not? They're cheap enough that cost isn't a problem... I just want the best setup for fighting games and shooters.

- Octagon Gate
- Joystick Shaft Cover
- Sanwa snap-in or screw-in buttons?

Also, what do you guys think about the balltop vs the battop stick? I'm leaning towards the balltop... feels easier throwing off fireball and DP movements with it. I don't have much experience with battop sticks though if any of you guys think that it's clearly superior.

Thanks!

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
I like the screw in buttons they are much easier to get in and out (They play tye exact same). They are roughly the same price too. At least at Himura's shop :)

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Awesome, thanks =) Guess I'll go for those, then.

What about the Octagon Gate and Joystick Shaft Cover? What are those?

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ely13 said:
Awesome, thanks =) Guess I'll go for those, then.

What about the Octagon Gate and Joystick Shaft Cover? What are those?

octagon is maybe the thing on the bottom of a sanwa that lets you select 8-way or 4-way mode?? not sure.

joystick shaft cover is a plastic cover that goes over the metal shaft of your stick. :loco:

cheers,
-DT

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
The shaft cover is astectic.
The gate on the outher hand will totally change the way the stick feels.
It does NOT change it from 8 way to 4 way, That would be A JLW stick.
The ones @ humira games are JLFs.
It's basically the difference between A happs compitition & A super.
The stick has A square feel to it's movement.
PIC
diagonals are very easy to hit but some people do not like them coz they claim it mekes it harder to do quarter turn (fire ball) motions with them.
the Octagon Gate has A more rounded feel to it.
PIC
Each direction basically has its own corner so to speak so it makes hitting any direction quite easy.
Most claim quarter turn move are easier to do as well.
If cost is not an issue simply get bolth & try for yourself witch one you like better.
I prefer A square gate if it means anything.

Last edited:

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Awesome, thank you for the responses all--that especially helped, HellioN.

I think I'll go with the octagon gate since I want whatever that makes fireball and DP motions come out the easiest. I don't think I've ever used a square gate at an arcade and the way it looks and is described sounds a bit awkward.

Do you guys think it's worth getting the joystick shaft cover or is it a waste of money/gets in the way of the joystick?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Like I said, the shaft cover is astetic.
I guess if you sweat A lot I might stop the shaft from rusting?
The JLF comes with the square gate so you might as well give it A shot. (the octagon one just snaps on once you remove the square one...I think like I said I like the square one so i'm not 100% on that.)
The square gate does take some getting used to, But once you do you'll find it difficult to use anything elese.
But I am in the minority on this one so just try them out for your self.
Edit to add:
The only difference between the bat top & ball top is witch one is more comfortable to you.

Last edited:

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Whether or not you get a shaft cover really depends on how you want the stick to look. Do you want it to be plastic, black or maybe even matching the ball? If so get a cover, if not...your shaft will be chrome.

I don't really know how much these cost, but if they are cheap grab a couple and see if you like it.

cheers,
-DT